THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

I know what you mean man. Whats your diet like?

Yesterday I deadlifted 595 and sqautted 500 for a double after 45 minutes of cardio. Its a cool feeling when everyone in a gym stops and watches you do a lift with their mouth hanging open, as cocky as that sounds its what motivates me.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic
I know what you mean man. Whats your diet like?

Yesterday I deadlifted 595 and sqautted 500 for a double after 45 minutes of cardio. Its a cool feeling when everyone in a gym stops and watches you do a lift with their mouth hanging open, as cocky as that sounds its what motivates me.
Diet at first was only around 1500 when maintenance was around 3000-3500. I was dropping weight like crazy(almost 4 pounds a week) and it was pretty unhealthy.

This week I'm only eating around 2000, but I'm not doing any cardio(my truck is broken so I have a hard time making it to the gym). I think maintenance is only around 2200-2300 because I'm not dropping any weight, but I'm still gaining muscle which is exactly what I'm trying to do at this point.

Unfortunately, I have to be careful because my maintenance changes so much. If I have baseball practice I'll easily burn 1000+ calories just from practice, another hour of pretty intense cardio and that's 750 or so. Then on days I don't have practice maintenance falls by a lot.

And I know what you mean about people watching you. That's what I loved the most about powerlifting. I loved being the last guy to squat(you go in order based on max weight), and I love everyone stopping what they were doing to see if I'd get up 600 then 650 then 665.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Haha there's two reasons, for me posting in here and on the board more. I'm single after a 4 year relationship. It was my starting motivation.
Hell yeah man, this past New Years I was single after 3 years and 3 months. I've been nailing the weights MWF, the mma gym TTR, and running a few miles TTR. Also began drinking vodka instead of beer, idk if it's healthier but it's cheaper lol. Right now I'm 191, I'd like to be over 200 in the summer while loosing the beer flab. My stomach resembles your mid December as of now.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LMSeven
Hell yeah man, this past New Years I was single after 3 years and 3 months. I've been nailing the weights MWF, the mma gym TTR, and running a few miles TTR. Also began drinking vodka instead of beer, idk if it's healthier but it's cheaper lol. Right now I'm 191, I'd like to be over 200 in the summer while loosing the beer flab. My stomach resembles your mid December as of now.
Look at my results man. I'm far from where I want to be, but I've still made all that progress in the last 2 months. I still drink beer and liquor. Heck last weekend I probably drank 40 beers. I bust my *** in the weight room and if I eat badly I'll ust run it off or elliptical.

Oh and for what it's worth. Vodka has about 70 calories per ounce compared to light beer which has ~100-110. MGD 64 and Select 55 have fewer calories but both have less than 3% alcohol by volume.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need to lose weight too. Lately Ive been lifting but havent changed my diet.

Originally Posted by trever1t
Mark, my wife's begining to wonder wtf I'm looking at here ...
She probably wouldnt wonder what was going on if you zipped your pants back up.

Haha there's two reasons, for me posting in here and on the board more. I'm single after a 4 year relationship. It was my starting motivation. I'm sure to everyone else I look like a douche bag, but it weird to be able to do something you didn't think you can do. I'm proud of myself as arrogant as that sounds.
lol, whats douchey about losing weight?

Im sure everyone does think your a douche bag though Mark, but its nothing to do with your weight or size.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
lol, whats douchey about losing weight?

Im sure everyone does think your a douche bag though Mark, but its nothing to do with your weight or size.
Haha, you're probably right. My personality isn't helping my cause.

We need to make a new thread or turn this into the Weight Lifting Diet thread. GMFullsize has a badass one. I wonder why we don't have one.

It should be to discuss lifting, dieting, and questions along those lines.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Haha, you're probably right. My personality isn't helping my cause.

We need to make a new thread or turn this into the Weight Lifting Diet thread. GMFullsize has a badass one. I wonder why we don't have one.

It should be to discuss lifting, dieting, and questions along those lines.
Good idea. Or maybe we should change the title of this one to "How to ***** a thread 101, by Randomhero"
Just messing with ya man.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Good idea. Or maybe we should change the title of this one to "How to ***** a thread 101, by Randomhero"
Just messing with ya man.
I actually have a reason to be active on this site again. Sorry for flooding this thread. I may go ahead and make a new one that way everyone else can ***** it including myself.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I actually have a reason to be active on this site again. Sorry for flooding this thread. I may go ahead and make a new one that way everyone else can ***** it including myself.
LOL! I haven't been very active myself. ***** away!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Just bought some Jack3d, Animal Cuts, Creatine Mono, and a few other little things. I'm at the point where I've hit a bit of a wall. I'm not expecting big gains, but if it helps even a little bit, it's worth the money to me.

Quick Reply: Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.