THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, bump

I really dont like southpark, but dam I remember this from back in the day

youtube
Old 02-14-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Just bought some Jack3d, Animal Cuts, Creatine Mono, and a few other little things. I'm at the point where I've hit a bit of a wall. I'm not expecting big gains, but if it helps even a little bit, it's worth the money to me.
I use Animal Cuts sporadically when I am tired or need to stay awake. I don't specifically use them for weight loss but if someone followed the plan, I can definitely see where they would be a good supplement for those that hit a wall. Appetite suppression is noticeable with them. It feels awkward taking 9 pills at a time, though.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Just bought some Jack3d, Animal Cuts, Creatine Mono, and a few other little things. I'm at the point where I've hit a bit of a wall. I'm not expecting big gains, but if it helps even a little bit, it's worth the money to me.
Creatine has been working pretty good for me..it gives a decent edge. I'm trying a hydrochloride creatine in pill form now, it seems to be the same as the mono. I'll be going back to the mono powder when I'm out because it's cheaper.. got this stuff for a steal @ gnc.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any updates with their weight loss? I'm down to about 193-194. I plan to get down to 190 then do a 10 pound clean bulk. I'll post my update picture whether people like it or not. HAHA.

As far as my supplements. I'm taking about 200 grams of protein a day with about half of that coming from powder. Animal cuts really kills my appetite which is almost a bad thing as I have to force food down my throat. The creatine isn't noticeable but that is to be expected. I've only tried Jack3d one time and it worked well, but I'm trying to avoid the caffeine as much as possible.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I just started using jack3d before lifting, and it feels like I'm on crack for hours!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm down to 230. Really slowed down but I've been back on the beer pretty good. I'm currently on about a 2lb a week loss. We are about to have a shut down at work starting Fri and last 6 weeks so that will help. I always eat better and drink less beer when i'm working alot. I'm able to get on a routine and stick with it better. I work swings otherwise and it is hard to diet.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

I know my situation is a little different, but i have similar goals and have spent alot of time learning about nutrition and weightlifting.

I currently valet cars for a living so i get all the cardio i need running for cars five days a week(good interval training).

In october after one year of not going to the gym and running too much i was down to 140 (5'8) and decided it was time to start lifting again.

I was doing a push pull split four days a week
day 1-chest/tri's/squats
day 2-back/bi's/calves
then repeat, but i would do different lifts and usually go lighter.
I have had good results with this before and it worked pretty well again.
here are my current pics
150~6%

I am now reorganizing my workouts, i am going to put more emphasis deadlifts and squats.

Anyways my point to all this is if you want to get lean, I suggest lifting heavy, doing intervals for cardio, and eating the good foods you have been told to eat your whole life.

Last edited by 95 bright teal; 02-17-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Are we going to branch off into a new thread solely for much of what this thread has turned into or are we going to keep it here? I think we have enough interest to get a good workout/get in shape/lose weight thread going.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

ha, i'm actually trying to gain weight.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i started at 211.8 and this morning im down to 192.6. i started out with p90x but i kind of fell off the wagon on that (again) and ive just been eating better.

ive noticed my energy levels are lower now that im not doing p90 but i have more spare time to wrench on the money pit after work now. i used to get home, eat, work out and go to sleep. no fun at all lol.

Quick Reply: Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.