THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

calspeed... crap experiance...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me be absolutely clear.

I can't speak for everyone that has these headers, but I will speak for myself in saying that from reading, I knew there would be clearance issues when I've bought them, that's just the way it is, I've heard of people having clearence issues with more expensive headers too. I just lucked out that when I cut the braces for my X-pipe, it moved the driver's side header off of the front Driveshaft.

Also, I'm with AKlowrider, the saying is "You have to pay to play". Modding vehicles is not cheap, a used set of 243 heads - $500, cheapo headers - 300, camshaft - 350, etc... If you're going to mod a vehicle, you're going to have to expect hicups along the way, expecially with exhaust.

One thing you can do, loosen the motor mounts and you may be able to move the motor over enough to get your clearence, and tighten them back down.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
If these headers do not fit properly, as you describe, it's much more likely a problem with the truck than the headers. If you did your research as you said, then you should already be aware of this also. You could have worn out motor mounts, or worse. How new or old is this truck? Has it ever been in an accident?

Have you ever modified or "hot-rodded" a vehicle in the past? So called "bolt-on" parts often need minor tweaks or modification to work on EVERY vehicle out there. That's just the way it is. Also, $300 for any worthwhile performance mod is CHEAP, contrary to your previous post. If you can't handle that, then you're in the wrong game, sir.
trucks a 03 with only 43k... not even oil seepage from around the pan yet... no accidents... not ever a door ding... garage kept...

ive owned probly more vehicles then you have... none of which were stock... restored a 72 chevy pickup, 70 impala 400/400, 01 Z24 cavi, 98 cummins 2x4, 03 cummins barking 2nd on 37's, 2010 Z71 and now this one... thats just a small list of the ones ive done more work too then the rest... then we have all my jeeps ive built... ive spent my fair share in parts... all my vehicles were stock at first... and like i said... never had a problem like this in the past... companies always had made things right...
Attached Thumbnails calspeed... crap experiance...-1299625656959.jpg   calspeed... crap experiance...-1287260001594.jpg   calspeed... crap experiance...-1304551920748.jpg   calspeed... crap experiance...-m_d02cb96375e16f901afc04a82f8a17e9.jpg   calspeed... crap experiance...-p1010003.jpg  

Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Let me be absolutely clear.

I can't speak for everyone that has these headers, but I will speak for myself in saying that from reading, I knew there would be clearance issues when I've bought them, that's just the way it is, I've heard of people having clearence issues with more expensive headers too. I just lucked out that when I cut the braces for my X-pipe, it moved the driver's side header off of the front Driveshaft.

Also, I'm with AKlowrider, the saying is "You have to pay to play". Modding vehicles is not cheap, a used set of 243 heads - $500, cheapo headers - 300, camshaft - 350, etc... If you're going to mod a vehicle, you're going to have to expect hicups along the way, expecially with exhaust.

One thing you can do, loosen the motor mounts and you may be able to move the motor over enough to get your clearence, and tighten them back down.
since grinding the corners off the yoke it only hits now when i make left turns at higher speeds... these front ends shift left to right slightly... sure you know this though... im probly just gonna buy some felpros and when i install them ill pull the header back off all the way and where its hitting i may notch it a little...
Old 06-10-2011, 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reply:

[QUOTE=Huntingman2706217;4714883] We fully stepped up and offered to help 100% immediately.

Please... explain to me when this happened?

This happened as we fully offered to have you send in the product for inspection and possible warranty in the 1st and only phone conversation we had. I in no way put you off and required any type of convincing to offer to get the product warrantied if it was defective and returned in the same condition as it was recieved in.
It is always unfortunate when a customer is disappointed and we do anything and everything in our ability to help and provide the best possible customer service possible.

If you did... i wouldnt be passing the negative word here now would i? Ill give credit when credit is due... which isnt this case...

well lets see... i said call me... gave my number... and my name... why would i need to give you anything else? if you called me i would do it then... just as i ended up doing anyways... so i had to EMAIL you this information... then TELL YOU this information again when i called... how bout just giving me a call and going from there? or better yet sticking your phone number up on the web site so that your customers can call you immediately when something isnt right? i mean thats what 90% of the established companies due?

We called you the same business day within a few hours of receiving a customer service email from you. I feel we contacted you within a very reasonable amount of time (a few hours the same business day). Most technical support / help questions can be answered by email. We receive an overwhelming amount of phone calls and walk in customers daily and contacted you in a timely manner.

2) We have installed dozens of these systems with no problems. have you not read this thread? everyone says the same thing i did... so i guess now you know huh? how bout taking care of the problem? maybe not sell them for 4x4 trucks without stating there is a possible clearance problem...

You did not contact us when you initially ran into any type of issue. We do not list these headers for 4x4 application or imply they do fit a 4x4 even with modification.

If there is a manufacturing defect we need to receive the exhaust system back for inspection for warranty replacement etc. You asked several times if you could receive a replacement set without sending in yours, or if you could return them (used installed dummy... you have to install them to see if they fit? u kidding me?) and apply the purchase cost toward another brand etc.

We have zero problem fully checking them to see if they are defective. We only asked that you returned the purchased product if you would like us to check into a warranty replacement.

3) Im sorry but if they did not fit, you should have immediately contacted us regarding the problem. I DID!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!
The way I understood the situation from our phone conversation is that you decided to "make them fit" after running into an installation issue and then contacted us after the fact. The moment you mentioned 4x4 then they are no longer a direct fit. We do not list them for 4x4, only 2wd.
At this point you have already modified the headers for fitment AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I NEVER MODIFIED THEM... there still the frickin same... keep coming up with crap to try and make yourself look better... its not working... never said anything about moding them... i modded my yoke! however im about to dent it in to make it fit... your warranty program is crap and will leave me without a vehicle for 2+ weeks!!

You explained that you "clearanced them to make them fit etc" which gave me the impression you "massaged" them to make them fit. If I am wrong here then I misunderstood your explaination of how you got them to fit as we have never seen a 4x4 model fit this product without modification.

which means we would have to see if they able to be warrantied (if something was found wrong with them). You asked what the turn around time would be, I told you approx 2 weeks. The reason for this is you will have 3-5 business days each way depending on shipping distance from us. I dont see how this is at all unreasonable. If you receive a product from any company and dent/modify/cut etc them to make them fit, it is unlikely any company will accept a return/warranty for the product. again... never did any of this... dont know what your talking about...

Not a problem at all, just as I explained on the phone, if you returned the product unmodified / damaged then we could fully help you in anyway possible and replace them with a brand new set if they are defective. We 100% strive to provide excellent customer service and stand by anything we sell as we are now.
4) These are actually not OBX's, OBX puts there name/tag on their headers they receive from an independent manufacturer just as many other companies do on the same product. Nothing in anyway related to their company. ok? you sell them as your headers?... so this statement technically has nothing to do with OBX except for the fact that most everyone here knows the design as the headers from ebay that OBX sells... so its referenced to them to spare confusion...

did you even look as to when i bought them? or when i got them on the porch? lol...

We replied to your initial email asking for your order information, that way when we called you we would have your order info available to ensure we could help you in a timely manner.

If you would of called us when received to let us know there was a problem, I would have let you know header bolts to cylinder head arent included with them (and nowhere is it listed they are nowhere is it listed there not either... and most ive purchased in the past have came with... but this i dont care that much about since mine were fine...) .

We provide a product picture and details on our website stating what is included with the product. Some manufacturers do provide additional items but just as a set of cylinder heads do not include head bolts, I apologize that you assumed more than what was stated would be included.
i personally told you guys i did not get any hardware and on top of that i listed every single piece of hardware i did not get and that i had to go buy it...
I greatly apologize if somehow any type of hardware was missing. If we would have been contacted when the problem was discovered, we gladly could have provided any parts and helped in anyway possible. We were not contacted until after you supplied your own hardware etc.

We fully offered to see if we could warranty or replace them if there was a problem with them. All that was needed was return of the product for inspection. You declined to return the product. I am not sure what else I could do for you if you cannot return the items. send a replacement... ill install it... and send you back your bad product... ive done this countless times as this is what most companies due... in fact i just mailed out a HID bulb today because it was bad when i got it... sent it right back in the box the new one came in... no problems at all... and that was just off a random eBay seller... i stated the exhaust is in my truck... you CAN NOT tell it doesnt fit unless its in the dang truck... in order to get MOST exhaust systems out of a truck it ends up taking some cutting... most studs or nuts after years of heat will not break free... heck i stripped mine with a 6 point socket! so how am i suppose to install a cut out exhaust to mail this off for a minimum of "2 weeks" i DD it... i told you this...

[color="blue"]Im sorry but we do not provide replacement parts without return of the original purchased parts. Additionally you purchased headers that were not intended as a direct fit for your 4x4 4WD vehicle, we do not even imply they fit a 4x4 with modification anywhere in our website etc. If they are received back and no problem, defect or issue would be found then we would not be able to warranty them as well. They are listed as 4.8/5.3/6.0 99-06 2WD silverado / sierra trucks etc.

True customer service would have made something happen in order to make the customer happy in a fair manner (and sometimes not so fare for the company in order to keep a good rep (prior business owner myself))... im not happy... i even offered to buy a better/different product of headers from you and send these back... OUT OF MY POCKET until you received these and refunded the $300... even that wasnt good enough... and im the customer...

Im sorry but we handled this properly. If a product is defective, return it and it will be warrantied if it has a defect. Additionally you purchased headers that are not for your application (2wd) and then are unhappy with a product not intended for your vehicle. We are 100% stand-up company that goes above and beyond for our customers. You are at this point just attempting to create negative publicity at no fault of our own. If you research the products for your vehicle, you would have fully known and not assumed they fit your 4WD vehicle. Additionally if you would have emailed or called us before purchase regarding them fitting your vehicle as they are only listed for 2wd, you would have been fully informed before purchase.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

also money is not a issue... not sure why this is becoming part of this... you get what you pay for absolutely... you buy a $30 valuecraft alternator it may last a year... you buy a napa alternator and it may last 10 years... but BOTH alternators are gonna at least fit...
Old 06-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Huntingman2706217
also money is not a issue... not sure why this is becoming part of this... you get what you pay for absolutely... you buy a $30 valuecraft alternator it may last a year... you buy a napa alternator and it may last 10 years... but BOTH alternators are gonna at least fit...
An alternator is a factory original part. Longtube headers are definitely not. The money you're paying isn't just for build quality, it's also for fitment as well. You can buy cheap $300 headers that may or may not fit, or you can spend $500+ on a set that have a good track record with fitting the majority of these trucks. Even then, the headers you bought are notorious for having fitment issues with 4wd trucks.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Buy proven ****, it always is better in the end, but hey my $300 headers work great!!! hahahaha
Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=CalSpeedPerformance;4715353]Reply:

Originally Posted by Huntingman2706217
We fully stepped up and offered to help 100% immediately.

Please... explain to me when this happened?

This happened as we fully offered to have you send in the product for inspection and possible warranty in the 1st and only phone conversation we had. I in no way put you off and required any type of convincing to offer to get the product warrantied if it was defective and returned in the same condition as it was recieved in.
It is always unfortunate when a customer is disappointed and we do anything and everything in our ability to help and provide the best possible customer service possible.

If you did... i wouldnt be passing the negative word here now would i? Ill give credit when credit is due... which isnt this case...

well lets see... i said call me... gave my number... and my name... why would i need to give you anything else? if you called me i would do it then... just as i ended up doing anyways... so i had to EMAIL you this information... then TELL YOU this information again when i called... how bout just giving me a call and going from there? or better yet sticking your phone number up on the web site so that your customers can call you immediately when something isnt right? i mean thats what 90% of the established companies due?

We called you the same business day within a few hours of receiving a customer service email from you. I feel we contacted you within a very reasonable amount of time (a few hours the same business day). Most technical support / help questions can be answered by email. We receive an overwhelming amount of phone calls and walk in customers daily and contacted you in a timely manner.

2) We have installed dozens of these systems with no problems. have you not read this thread? everyone says the same thing i did... so i guess now you know huh? how bout taking care of the problem? maybe not sell them for 4x4 trucks without stating there is a possible clearance problem...

You did not contact us when you initially ran into any type of issue. We do not list these headers for 4x4 application or imply they do fit a 4x4 even with modification.

If there is a manufacturing defect we need to receive the exhaust system back for inspection for warranty replacement etc. You asked several times if you could receive a replacement set without sending in yours, or if you could return them (used installed dummy... you have to install them to see if they fit? u kidding me?) and apply the purchase cost toward another brand etc.

We have zero problem fully checking them to see if they are defective. We only asked that you returned the purchased product if you would like us to check into a warranty replacement.

3) Im sorry but if they did not fit, you should have immediately contacted us regarding the problem. I DID!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!
The way I understood the situation from our phone conversation is that you decided to "make them fit" after running into an installation issue and then contacted us after the fact. The moment you mentioned 4x4 then they are no longer a direct fit. We do not list them for 4x4, only 2wd.
At this point you have already modified the headers for fitment AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I NEVER MODIFIED THEM... there still the frickin same... keep coming up with crap to try and make yourself look better... its not working... never said anything about moding them... i modded my yoke! however im about to dent it in to make it fit... your warranty program is crap and will leave me without a vehicle for 2+ weeks!!

You explained that you "clearanced them to make them fit etc" which gave me the impression you "massaged" them to make them fit. If I am wrong here then I misunderstood your explaination of how you got them to fit as we have never seen a 4x4 model fit this product without modification.

which means we would have to see if they able to be warrantied (if something was found wrong with them). You asked what the turn around time would be, I told you approx 2 weeks. The reason for this is you will have 3-5 business days each way depending on shipping distance from us. I dont see how this is at all unreasonable. If you receive a product from any company and dent/modify/cut etc them to make them fit, it is unlikely any company will accept a return/warranty for the product. again... never did any of this... dont know what your talking about...

Not a problem at all, just as I explained on the phone, if you returned the product unmodified / damaged then we could fully help you in anyway possible and replace them with a brand new set if they are defective. We 100% strive to provide excellent customer service and stand by anything we sell as we are now.
4) These are actually not OBX's, OBX puts there name/tag on their headers they receive from an independent manufacturer just as many other companies do on the same product. Nothing in anyway related to their company. ok? you sell them as your headers?... so this statement technically has nothing to do with OBX except for the fact that most everyone here knows the design as the headers from ebay that OBX sells... so its referenced to them to spare confusion...

did you even look as to when i bought them? or when i got them on the porch? lol...

We replied to your initial email asking for your order information, that way when we called you we would have your order info available to ensure we could help you in a timely manner.

If you would of called us when received to let us know there was a problem, I would have let you know header bolts to cylinder head arent included with them (and nowhere is it listed they are nowhere is it listed there not either... and most ive purchased in the past have came with... but this i dont care that much about since mine were fine...) .

We provide a product picture and details on our website stating what is included with the product. Some manufacturers do provide additional items but just as a set of cylinder heads do not include head bolts, I apologize that you assumed more than what was stated would be included.
i personally told you guys i did not get any hardware and on top of that i listed every single piece of hardware i did not get and that i had to go buy it...
I greatly apologize if somehow any type of hardware was missing. If we would have been contacted when the problem was discovered, we gladly could have provided any parts and helped in anyway possible. We were not contacted until after you supplied your own hardware etc.

We fully offered to see if we could warranty or replace them if there was a problem with them. All that was needed was return of the product for inspection. You declined to return the product. I am not sure what else I could do for you if you cannot return the items. send a replacement... ill install it... and send you back your bad product... ive done this countless times as this is what most companies due... in fact i just mailed out a HID bulb today because it was bad when i got it... sent it right back in the box the new one came in... no problems at all... and that was just off a random eBay seller... i stated the exhaust is in my truck... you CAN NOT tell it doesnt fit unless its in the dang truck... in order to get MOST exhaust systems out of a truck it ends up taking some cutting... most studs or nuts after years of heat will not break free... heck i stripped mine with a 6 point socket! so how am i suppose to install a cut out exhaust to mail this off for a minimum of "2 weeks" i DD it... i told you this...

[color="blue"]Im sorry but we do not provide replacement parts without return of the original purchased parts. Additionally you purchased headers that were not intended as a direct fit for your 4x4 4WD vehicle, we do not even imply they fit a 4x4 with modification anywhere in our website etc. If they are received back and no problem, defect or issue would be found then we would not be able to warranty them as well. They are listed as 4.8/5.3/6.0 99-06 2WD silverado / sierra trucks etc.

True customer service would have made something happen in order to make the customer happy in a fair manner (and sometimes not so fare for the company in order to keep a good rep (prior business owner myself))... im not happy... i even offered to buy a better/different product of headers from you and send these back... OUT OF MY POCKET until you received these and refunded the $300... even that wasnt good enough... and im the customer...

Im sorry but we handled this properly. If a product is defective, return it and it will be warrantied if it has a defect. Additionally you purchased headers that are not for your application (2wd) and then are unhappy with a product not intended for your vehicle. We are 100% stand-up company that goes above and beyond for our customers. You are at this point just attempting to create negative publicity at no fault of our own. If you research the products for your vehicle, you would have fully known and not assumed they fit your 4WD vehicle. Additionally if you would have emailed or called us before purchase regarding them fitting your vehicle as they are only listed for 2wd, you would have been fully informed before purchase.
I feel that this answers all questions.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

how can they provide "true customer service" and make you happy when their product is not made for you truck? YOU bought the wrong ****. why would you want them to send ANOTHER set of the same headers that wont fit?
Old 06-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this thread has served its purpose.