THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cammed Trucks... Anyone else go through this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coban
I think my truck sounds badass. I like to lope and shake my Comp cam provides. I also think people think it sounds cool.

In reality, everyone else just thinks my truck runs shitty....

I pull up to Security Shack where I work for a random search:
Me: "Should I turn off my truck?"
Guard: "Nah, it sounds like its running bad. You must have a clogged fuel filter or bad muffler or something... You should get that checked out..."
Me: "Nah, its OK."

Then I proceed to roll my eyes so hard they get stuck in the back of my eye sockets.

I realize this guy's an idiot and doesn't know the difference between and camshaft and lug nut, but its still annoying and makes me want a smooth running vehicle again.

I wonder what AFR 205 heads would do on a 6.2.... With stock cam and 11.5CR...
Where do you work, I'll follow you in with the cut-out opened. I'm sure he's going to think something is wrong with a 110 lsa, and I'm a female.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lamborado
i love the "hey man i think your trans is slipping".......
Lol, yeah the muffler shop couldnt pull my 3k stalled truck up their one foot tall ramps once, then proceeded to tell me my turbo truck had no power.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

lol at a car meet here in houston some guy asked me about my friends nissan 240 with a cammed and fbo LS6 in it, i **** you not here is exactly what he says: "man whats in that thing a cammed V6??? doesnt sound right at all!" then after he saw it run a few cars he comes back and asks "ok there aint somethin right with that car whats goin on with it???" lol my buddy finally told him it has a cammed corvette engine in it, its a drift car. fully gutted and racing seats, weighs like 2600lbs
Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Out to dinner with the fiance' last night.....great night starting off till i mentioned i want to change my setup a little (converter, headers, maybe heads) she said "why? Its a big waste of time and money. Its already fast enough and how often do you race it anyways?" i simply said "its what i like to do, itll never end and i hope one day my son tells me "dad, i want to start drag racing with you. It's not about having the "fastest truck" its about having a goal and doing all the hard work it takes to reach your goal of HP or E.T. I love how she thinks im going to stop "modding" my truck. Its not lile i have a 10k motor, 5500 turbo kit, a 3000 transmission shooting for 9s in a CC i jus want a mid 12sec bus
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah ive gotten that one before too, "you should do plugs and wires and get a new muffler cause that one sounds shot"......ugh.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My granpa won't even ride in my truck he tells me that POS is gonna leave us half way down the road .....then he tells me don't you know a car/truck need constant taking care of, like oil changes every 3k miles and plugs and wires every 50k miles then he said you kids need to grow up and pull your heads out of ur asses..lol meaning Alex (05gmcsierra) and my self ...lol
Old 10-11-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
Out to dinner with the fiance' last night.....great night starting off till i mentioned i want to change my setup a little (converter, headers, maybe heads) she said "why? Its a big waste of time and money. Its already fast enough and how often do you race it anyways?" i simply said "its what i like to do, itll never end and i hope one day my son tells me "dad, i want to start drag racing with you. It's not about having the "fastest truck" its about having a goal and doing all the hard work it takes to reach your goal of HP or E.T. I love how she thinks im going to stop "modding" my truck. Its not lile i have a 10k motor, 5500 turbo kit, a 3000 transmission shooting for 9s in a CC i jus want a mid 12sec bus
Me and you have very similar goals.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

I was stuck in traffic due to police activity in median, luck would have it I got stopped right next to an officer standing next to his vehicle with cutout stuck open and my cam was rocking and rolling. I kept looking my way, then made his way over and I was like ahhhhshit here we go, he came up to the window said "sounds good" as he tapped the roof and walked back towards the car.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

^ Always good to find a cop that isn't a total douche.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Choppy cams rule !

Gotta have a bit of rumble if you have a truck!

Quick Reply: Cammed Trucks... Anyone else go through this?