THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cammed Trucks... Anyone else go through this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn, I need a cutout, lol. Corsa touring is very docile with the cam and longtubes at idle. Unless you had an ear for it, wouldn't know its cammed.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Damn, I need a cutout, lol. Corsa touring is very docile with the cam and longtubes at idle. Unless you had an ear for it, wouldn't know its cammed.
I'm thinkin the same thing... I love that its not too obnoxious, but I sometimes I kind of want it to be

Where is your idle set?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
I'm thinkin the same thing... I love that its not too obnoxious, but I sometimes I kind of want it to be

Where is your idle set?
Mine idles like stock at 650 rpm
Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every now and then I will get a compliment. I don't leave it idling that long at a gas station or anything though. One guy while I was at a drive through came up to my window and said "it sounds like you got a cam in it, is it an RV cam?" I always try to be nice and say thanks yeah its a little bigger than an RV cam. Some people just don't know about the newer LS engines, but a compliment is a compliment.

Two different occasions people stopped me at the dollar store close to where I live, because I go in there a lot to get drinks.
1 guy stopped me and said "does that thing have a cam in it?" I said yeah its a small cam. He said I knew something wasn't right and it sounded different when you were pulling up, then when you put it in park I herd it lope.

2nd guy in a Tahoe was pulling out of the parking lot, Herd my truck lope after I had just put it in park like the other guy and he puts it in reverse and backs it all the way behind my truck and says that thing sounds good you got a cam in it don't you. He said he had a mustang that he races at the track sometimes.

When my truck is in Drive it doesn't lope as much, but when I have it in park idling people always notice it as it lopes a lot more.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the cam in the crew cab Saturday... Already had tons of those "Looks".

Sunday before I got the tune in it (keep in mind, .617/.620 lift) I pulled up to the gas station and this guy I know who knows I'm into performance stuff says, "Man... what went wrong? The truck sounds rough!" I had to explain it had a cam now.

Last night, I pull up to pick up my woman and she's on the phone with her friend... "Something sounds terribly wrong with my boyfriends truck, I'll call you back." She didn't understand that the cam install would do that.

Today I was pulling into my apt complex and a cute girl (19-20) in an LS1 Firebird is trying to get in the gate and forgot her code. I clicked my gate clicker and let her in, following her around halfway to my apt. She parks and gets out and gives me one of those "I know that's gotta be fast looks" for about 100 yards... just following the truck with her eyes.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:25 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
Today I was pulling into my apt complex and a cute girl (19-20) in an LS1 Firebird is trying to get in the gate and forgot her code. I clicked my gate clicker and let her in, following her around halfway to my apt. She parks and gets out and gives me one of those "I know that's gotta be fast looks" for about 100 yards... just following the truck with her eyes.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hahaha this thread is awesome!

I miss the hell out of my old H/C 5.3
Rolling into a gas station with the cutout open was great.
Every person in every surrounding parking lot would stare at me, even the store clerks would be looking. I don't think i ever went to a gas station and didn't get stopped or talked to by random people when the cutout was open.

As far as people saying that big cams get old... I will never get tired of hearing a big cam while im sitting in traffic or a stoplight or something.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you also didn't have a running cammed truck for long
Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Burn!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quick Reply: Cammed Trucks... Anyone else go through this?