THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Car Salesman...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Salesman...

Are there any car salesmen on here? Tomorrow I will find out if I have a job selling cars at All Star Chevrolet in Baton Rouge. I have never done any kind of work like that. I've been a Electrician and Plant Operator. I'm good at reading people and making them feel at ease or making them laugh. I just don't know about having to screw people over just to get paid more.
Anybody with any advice, please chime in?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Anybody?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you get the job?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Screw 'em over unless they have a PT.net sticker!! you can make good money selling cars.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Teching In

I did the interview, Background Check, and the **** test Monday. They said it would be 3 or 4 days before they get everything back. So now I'm just nervously waiting
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly, take the "I am not here to force you into a car" approach. Just be honest, and sell the customer what they NEED not what you want to get paid for. If you do those things you will be the number one sales guy in 30 days.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

most people buy in pain. they dont want to buy a new car or new windows or what ever but they feel like they need to because of somesort of pain. for instance, the prospect , (buyer) does not want new windows because they love to waste money. The glass may be broken or frame may be rotted. This is there pain. I would find out what there REAL pain is and go from there.find out what there budget is and show them what you have to offer in that price range. Look up sandler sales training. He has great success with his way of selling.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Keeping your sales goal (to the customer) realistic is the way to do it. Don't push more on them than what they're needing. If they want a $35K truck, don't try to sell them a $60K truck. I watch the goofballs up front do this all day and get shut down hard
Old 09-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Honestly, take the "I am not here to force you into a car" approach. Just be honest, and sell the customer what they NEED not what you want to get paid for. If you do those things you will be the number one sales guy in 30 days.
That's exactly how I want to do it! See, I really know how to read people and I have a lot of charisma. When I listen to people, I really listen. Plus I have that Southern Country Boy attributes. That, I think, is what will make me a great salesman. Only a couple of days left. Tomm or Friday.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shanesss
Look up sandler sales training. He has great success with his way of selling.
Awesome info on there. I read some of his newsletters and downloaded one of his books "Why Salespeople Fail"
Thanks for that!

Quick Reply: Car Salesman...