THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

cash for clunkers, guess who sold the most.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if i had to guess, toyota made out like a bandit with 2 billion of this countrys money.
Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
LOL thats fukin wonderfull
I think it is down right rediculous!

Originally Posted by hirdlej
CFC is such a bullshit program. It's whole objective is to stimulate the AMERICAN economy, right!? Why the F do they include the japs and euro's in on the deal?! This should have been for GM, FORD and Chrysler vehicles ONLY. Anything else should have been excluded. Now everyone traded in their american cars for toyotas or honda's. Such total BS. These are the same monkeys that want to run your healthcare. Buckle in.
You said it brother! I do believe that the program was geared towards the enviroment though. This is what I had read.

I would still like to hear how the current president is responsible for our economic down turn and fall of our great country if that should happen.
Me too! I can't see how the previous administration had anything to do with that.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
I think it is down right rediculous!

You said it brother! I do believe that the program was geared towards the enviroment though. This is what I had read.

Me too! I can't see how the previous administration had anything to do with that.

Honestly I don't think this is Bush's fault either.My problem is that me being fairly uneducated in comparision I was still able to for see a huge problem with the market and the direction it was heading over 3 years ago.I mean **** it was common sense why couldn't our president step and stop it.I hope people don't think its because they couldn't predict the economy that's BS.It follows a pattern that has been very predictable.

Last edited by SincalT/A; 08-30-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
Its not as bad as you think we build toyota's at the nummi plant here in ca.Thousands of people here count on toyota for jobs.Infact GM pulled out of building cars there but toyota stayed saving us from a huge impact on our already spiraling down unemployment rate.The program probably helped toyota's decision to stay.
last I checked the buck stopped in Japan.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:06 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
CFC is such a bullshit program. It's whole objective is to stimulate the AMERICAN economy, right!? Why the F do they include the japs and euro's in on the deal?! This should have been for GM, FORD and Chrysler vehicles ONLY. Anything else should have been excluded. Now everyone traded in their american cars for toyotas or honda's. Such total BS. These are the same monkeys that want to run your healthcare. Buckle in.
toyota comes over, offers THOUSANDS of jobs to our economy and treats their employees great. gotta look at the entire picture. maybe if chevy ford and dodge made nice vehicles at affordable prices people would have flocked to them.

i worked on the corporate side of toyota. got laid off too toyota is hurting just like everyone else...just not as bad. this stimulus package wasnt just to help the auto industry. it can also encourage the evil toyota corporation hire more employees and pour money back into our economy.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I talked to a buddy at Nummi.As of Aug.27 Ya the word is the closure is a go I will stay optimistic.Cause even after the first announcement they would pull out talk was still going around that they were going to jus severly downsize.My guess along with others is this is a bluff to aquire stimulus money of some kind.Why not the queers *** banks did it then gave it back before the government could imploment their control.

Btw:I was informed the closure could affect up to 50000 jobs in and around the area.That is why I will stay optimistic.

Last edited by SincalT/A; 08-30-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:21 PM

its a global market. when toyota hurts, we will feel it too. i know i do. i miss my job with toyota.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
toyota comes over, offers THOUSANDS of jobs to our economy and treats their employees great. gotta look at the entire picture. maybe if chevy ford and dodge made nice vehicles at affordable prices people would have flocked to them.

i worked on the corporate side of toyota. got laid off too toyota is hurting just like everyone else...just not as bad. this stimulus package wasnt just to help the auto industry. it can also encourage the evil toyota corporation hire more employees and pour money back into our economy.
Well said. hell when the plant in San Antonio Texas slowed down, they didnt even lay off employees. Toyota did all the paperwork for all of their employees to get unemployment and when work picked back up, all of the people still had their original jobs. Really glad i work for such a good company.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

All the guys I know that work there love their job too.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 PM

they really do treat their employees great. except for me i guess. i got the bootim sure all of the other people who got the boot werent happy campers either. i was off sick the day that they announced the layoffs but i heard that our vice president couldnt make it through the list because he started choking up.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Tribe Shaman

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'm waiting to see how many of those 700,000 new vehicles get repo'd here shortly! lol
now wouldn't that be some stinky ****.
3 - 4 months from now 30 to 40% of all cars sold return back to the dealership for lack of payment.
i would not be surprised if they were financed by GM.

Quick Reply: cash for clunkers, guess who sold the most.