THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

cash for clunkers, guess who sold the most.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by PappyDan
now wouldn't that be some stinky ****.
3 - 4 months from now 30 to 40% of all cars sold return back to the dealership for lack of payment.
i would not be surprised if they were financed by GM.
can anyone think of a reason the housing went to ****? government got involved and allowed people to buy houses that couldnt afford them.

and now what do they do?

they make a program to allow people to buy new cars who have zero business spending money on new cars.

i guess we didnt learn the first time. now we can have a shitty housing rate and a fucked up used car market. save your pennies, here soon we should be able to pick up some nice used corolas for CHEAP.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when will these idiots learn that throwin money into a fire will not put it out (could work if it was a small camp fire, and dump a large amount of money on it, but this is worse than a california forest fire !!!!!) have to let it run out by itself, its all a cycle.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not too worried about the auto industry right now. We're going to have bigger problems before we have to deal with the auto industry again. More importantly, health care and the probable credit crisis.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
its a global market. when toyota hurts, we will feel it too. i know i do. i miss my job with toyota.
I agree, it is definately a global market and there is always a ripple affect. I am sure there are companies here in the US that sell to Toyota. It is also great that Toyota treats it's employees well. But as Brian stated below, the money trail still stops in Japan. I just wish people would think a little bit more about where they spend their money and how that has an effect on our economy. I have never been to Japan, but I am sure you do not see many American vehicles over there. The ratio, I am sure, is so rediculously in their favor.

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
last I checked the buck stopped in Japan.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

can anyone think of a reason the housing went to ****? government got involved and allowed people to buy houses that couldnt afford them.

and now what do they do?

they make a program to allow people to buy new cars who have zero business spending money on new cars.

i guess we didnt learn the first time. now we can have a shitty housing rate and a fucked up used car market. save your pennies, here soon we should be able to pick up some nice used corolas for CHEAP.
I am in no way supporting the CARS program. I fully believe it was a bullshit band-aid on a sucking chest wound. With that said, the housing market collapsed because there was absolutely no oversight, no regulation. There was no one to hold the banks feet to the fire when they wrote a bad loan. Combine that with a feeling of a booming economy and you have under-funded people signing loans for houses out of their price range. Then, when the **** hits the fan, people default on their mortgages, and we have just entered the credit crisis. Its not the gov'ts fault that the housing market crashed, its mainly due to greed and lack of business morals on behalf of the banks and finance companies.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
I agree, it is definately a global market and there is always a ripple affect. I am sure there are companies here in the US that sell to Toyota. It is also great that Toyota treats it's employees well. But as Brian stated below, the money trail still stops in Japan. I just wish people would think a little bit more about where they spend their money and how that has an effect on our economy. I have never been to Japan, but I am sure you do not see many American vehicles over there. The ratio, I am sure, is so rediculously in their favor.
because american vehicles are so inefficient in comparison to theirs. why would they bring our pieces of **** over there?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by 03 BLACKOUTSSS
I am in no way supporting the CARS program. I fully believe it was a bullshit band-aid on a sucking chest wound. With that said, the housing market collapsed because there was absolutely no oversight, no regulation. There was no one to hold the banks feet to the fire when they wrote a bad loan. Combine that with a feeling of a booming economy and you have under-funded people signing loans for houses out of their price range. Then, when the **** hits the fan, people default on their mortgages, and we have just entered the credit crisis. Its not the gov'ts fault that the housing market crashed, its mainly due to greed and lack of business morals on behalf of the banks and finance companies.
think again. equal housing act under clinton. the government was forcing banks to sell houses to under qualified people. the banks probably knew exactly what was going to happen. baloon rates should be illegal.

there was oversight and regulation...government oversaw that there were no regulations no matter how hard the banks refused.

Last edited by TXsilverado; 09-01-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

think again. equal housing act under clinton. the government was forcing banks to sell houses to under qualified people. the banks probably knew exactly what was going to happen. baloon rates should be illegal.
and people always blame bush for what happened.... when in fact it was since the clinton administration
Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

because american vehicles are so inefficient in comparison to theirs. why would they bring our pieces of **** over there?
Do you really believe that to be true? Maybe at one time, but I sure as hell don't think that is true anymore. If you feel that way about American cars, I am surprised you are on this website. My personal belief is that they are more loyal to the brands made in their country.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gtosilverado
and people always blame bush for what happened.... when in fact it was since the clinton administration
True. Likewise Clinto was credited with a strong economy when actually it was the Reagan administration.... just my opinion

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
Do you really believe that to be true? Maybe at one time, but I sure as hell don't think that is true anymore. If you feel that way about American cars, I am surprised you are on this website. My personal belief is that they are more loyal to the brands made in their country.
I also agree with this statement. Japan taxes imported goods to the point that they are not affordable in comparison to their own domestic products.

Quick Reply: cash for clunkers, guess who sold the most.