THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Chinese Train and Vegetable Market

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the best part is when after the train goes by all the tents come down and people start walking on the track! lol
Old 08-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw that on TV a while back. I was like WOW...we just have NO idea here in the states what it is like to live like that.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be worse, train could be running 70mph when it comes through
Old 08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiffo60
Could be worse, train could be running 70mph when it comes through
I rode the high speed train from Shanghai to Suzhou, 20 minutes, 10 years ago they said it took 6 hours...198 MPH.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blueflamed03
I rode the high speed train from Shanghai to Suzhou, 20 minutes, 10 years ago they said it took 6 hours...198 MPH.
I bet that was fun
Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflamed03
you know they are having huge issues with those right? poor design and rushed builds. Crashes. I wouldn't ride one those of F'ers anytime soon.

Originally Posted by economist.com
In his first public remarks, the new railways minister, Sheng Guangzu, repeatedly stressed the importance of quality and safety, implying that corruption may have led to corner-cutting, and that the timetables on some projects may now have to change. The breakneck pace of construction has also left the ministry with large and—say some analysts—unsustainable debts, putting further pressure on projects.
China: Off the rails? | The Economist
China’s Wen vows strict punishment if corruption found behind high-speed rail crash - The Washington Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
You said it, now I see what u meant when we talked on phone. Makes more sense now. Understanding what u meant, not that they did it.

Not sure if I'm more blown away by the proximity or the tents thereafter. I'm beside myself how they have food on the tracks as it passes over. Gross!

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
... I was like WOW...we just have NO idea here in the states what it is like to live like that.
And I prefer not to; not cause I'm heartless, I just think they have other options. They've got how much land? Instead they cram everything in proverbial 10#'s of in a 5# sack!!!

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Imagine my surpise.

Safety & all being what it is in China. And their caring attitude bout people's (their people's) well being.
While I didn't read those, but will do so later, I'm not not surprised.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
You said it, now I see what u meant when we talked on phone. Makes more sense now. Understanding what u meant, not that they did it.

Not sure if I'm more blown away by the proximity or the tents thereafter. I'm beside myself how they have food on the tracks as it passes over. Gross!

And I prefer not to; not cause I'm heartless, I just think they have other options. They've got how much land? Instead they cram everything in proverbial 10#'s of in a 5# sack!!!

Imagine my surpise.

Safety & all being what it is in China. And their caring attitude bout people's (their people's) well being.
While I didn't read those, but will do so later, I'm not not surprised.
Yeah brother, now you see what I'm saying...I mean, are these people dense? Hmmm, how about some nice rail dust for lunch, yummy!

The health and safety standards are unbelievable...and, isn't China freakin huge? I know that they have a **** ton of people there, and I'm guessing that some of the terrain is treacherous, but ****, move back a few feet at least!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just gonna throw this out there, please don't anyone take offense to this...

Don't judge a culture or people unless you've lived among their streets, sat at their tables and slept in their beds. I've traveled to countless places and heard and been with tourists/fellow backpackers who walk the streets of a foreign country and do nothing but critisize how meager, different, ugly and poor a place is compared to the states. I've also been with friends(not so much anymore) that found it amusing to look down on people thinking how much better they are than those whose country they traveled in.
Last few years when I've brought friends/girls with me to where I go I tell them that I can't make the world beauftiful, I can only show it to you how I see it, the rest is up to them. Arrogance and Pride can blind people to what's really in front of their eyes.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:49 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'm just gonna throw this out there, please don't anyone take offense to this...

Don't judge a culture or people unless you've lived among their streets, sat at their tables and slept in their beds. I've traveled to countless places and heard and been with tourists/fellow backpackers who walk the streets of a foreign country and do nothing but critisize how meager, different, ugly and poor a place is compared to the states. I've also been with friends(not so much anymore) that found it amusing to look down on people thinking how much better they are than those whose country they traveled in.
Last few years when I've brought friends/girls with me to where I go I tell them that I can't make the world beauftiful, I can only show it to you how I see it, the rest is up to them. Arrogance and Pride can blind people to what's really in front of their eyes.

That's good advice Julien, and there's no offense taken brother Gotta admit, that's some crazy *** **** though

You're right though man, in summary, don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes Seems like it is human nature though to criticize that which is different than what you're used to

Quick Reply: Chinese Train and Vegetable Market