THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Christmas in near! I am excited for my kids.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have a Blackfoot. I have been thinking about selling it. I haven't used it for years.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah alot of my buddies had them, they were neat, could take a beating. I was also fond of the midnight pumpkin. Had one painted purple. Damn I miss being a kid. My parents hooked me the **** up. Ahh to go back.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

e-maxx broke enough at 20 mph, let alone 60. My sts .30 savage faired much better. Those and four more sit in boxes because the ***** too expensive. Getting your kid hooked on drugs would be cheaper.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx
e-maxx broke enough at 20 mph, let alone 60. My sts .30 savage faired much better. Those and four more sit in boxes because the ***** too expensive. Getting your kid hooked on drugs would be cheaper.
Possibly true! That is why I run them for a few months or a year then they get put up/sold. Get tired of running for 10-45 min and working for 5 min to an hour. I am excited to pass it along to my son.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

agreed... lots of wrench time and cost to maintain...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i skipped all of the beginner rigs and got a revo 3.3 gas powered. what a mistake! i couldnt control the damn thing, and the bigger the jump i saw, the faster i hit it. it was a touch son of a bitch, but theres only so many wot curb smashes they can take before breaking parts. those little plastic a-arms and **** get EXPENSIVE. i sold it before i went broke replacing parts (because i coulnt control it.

every time i see my uncle he reminds me of the time i was showing him how fast that thing was...had it blasting down the center of the street and a big *** cat darted across and got NAILED. we laughed for hours that night.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a HPI Savage Flux fully modded out and also have a HPI Baja 5T that has a 29.5cc two stroke motor on it. I have been into RC cars for a while. Custm2500 if you look into buying any others or have questions just PM me. I have about 6 others and tubs of spare parts but they are all the 10th scale Traxxas Slash. I would let some of them go cheap cause i dont have anything in them hardly.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i skipped all of the beginner rigs and got a revo 3.3 gas powered. what a mistake! i couldnt control the damn thing, and the bigger the jump i saw, the faster i hit it. it was a touch son of a bitch, but theres only so many wot curb smashes they can take before breaking parts. those little plastic a-arms and **** get EXPENSIVE. i sold it before i went broke replacing parts (because i coulnt control it.

every time i see my uncle he reminds me of the time i was showing him how fast that thing was...had it blasting down the center of the street and a big *** cat darted across and got NAILED. we laughed for hours that night.
And once you get your car handling skills down, you'll want more power. And then shred drivetrain parts. I was big in it for maybe ten years. Got my first real r/c (pro .15 t-maxx) in '00 I think. They're fun though. Brushless is nice, but nitro is way cooler.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I've got the 4 NiMH 3000mah 8.4v batteries that came in me Emaxx and Revo you can have if you pay the shipping. I never use them, I run Lipo's in all my junk, lol.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx
And once you get your car handling skills down, you'll want more power. And then shred drivetrain parts. I was big in it for maybe ten years. Got my first real r/c (pro .15 t-maxx) in '00 I think. They're fun though. Brushless is nice, but nitro is way cooler.
I'm on the other side of the fence, Ive been around both the Nitro and the lipo/brushless and I LOVE the Brushless way more... Faster, quieter and ALWAYS starts!!! But they are all fun. When I go play, I usually take 2 or three of my cars and a half dozen or so battery packs and I'm usually tired or bored of playing by the time I run them all down a couple hours later, I think I actual have more fun watching my friends play with them then when I play with them,

Quick Reply: Christmas in near! I am excited for my kids.