THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Condo association saying truck must go...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Condo association saying truck must go...

So I was talked to at the gym by one of the condo managers and was told that 1/2 and up trucks are not allowed to be parked on the premises, unless they are passenger vehicles-I told him I have 5 seats with belts so I should be good right? well he then told me that heavily modified vehicles are not allowed either and I would have to park about 1/2 mile away and walk...I told him that I dont think my truck is heavily modified at all, but I guess its not up to my interpretation...he told me that this conversation was between the three of us (brother in law) and that we may be talked to in the future because both of our trucks were brought up. He has a f-250 with bumpers and lots of go fast goodies but they dont know that, they just see a big white truck with off road bumpers and call it heavily modified...

I have not even finished unpacking here, we have only been here for 4 days...I think for paying 1650 a month I should be able to park in my designated spot and or garage with whatever I drive but theres another guy that drives an f-350 that has to park and walk and has over 1k worth of fines from the association...WTF So now we both might have to end up selling our trucks unless we want to walk everyday...and theres no security outside of the condos.

Sorry for the long post but I think this is BS
Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude that sound like a total **** hole of a place. Not going by looks or price but by the way people react to a truck.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

its a really nice place, granite counter tops, wood floors the works, but theres a lot of audis and hondas and crap out there in the parking lot, Im not sure wtf is up with these people...
Old 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they tell you that before you moved in? Is it in the CC&R's or HOA policy or anything? Do some research...they can't pull that bullshit without informing you first....
Old 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
something else

Frikin truck haters!

Good luck on resolving your problem.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

The landlord never said anything about it, but the head of the association lives in the building next to ours and already noticed and said something to the manager...Im going to play stupid until im officially talked to about this **** and I want to see it in writing. The guy that has all the fines owns his condo and still has to put up with this ****. I looked through the lease and it didnt say anything about this but it does say abide by association rules
Old 08-26-2009, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

get a lawyer thats BS
Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

I'm sure some of the hondas, audis, etc. are "modified" as well.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

association rules ? well did you get a copy of the rules, theyre normally in the contracts that are signed? theres also clauses that state you have X amount of days to decide if you wanna stay, not sure if its 3 or 7 i have a friend that went through this but it took an atourney to get out of it. whichever i hope in the end its all BS and well you dont have to WALK!!! lol
Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

F that ****. Get ALL the money you've paid and bail. Thats total bullshit that should've been addressed at the application signing AT THE LATEST. If they've got a problem with your VEHICLE, not talking about parts sitting around or a car all broke down or leaking like a sieve then **** that place.

Quick Reply: Condo association saying truck must go...