THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Condo association saying truck must go...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

punch the manager in the face, burn the office down and move all of your stuff out. f-them, hearing **** like this pisses me off. kind of like me trying to find a place to live and cant because i have a pitbull. i have about 3 weeks to either buy a house or find someplace that will let me rent and keep my dog.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I have a "modified" truck AND a pitbull! I guess I'm really screwed!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

there was nothing in the lease I signed except for to abide by the rules, I didnt get a copy, my truck doesnt leak a single drop from anywhere, no rust and yet they have a problem, we just moved in and put 4500 down for deposits, and they have 30 days to get it back to us if we decided to move and I dont have any other cash laying around for a new place...
Old 08-26-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lease is with the landlord (owner) and the landlord (owner) has in his CC&R's the info about vehicles, etc. If you didn't get informed, that's the landlord's fault, but the HOA still gets to enforce their rules. Most likely the fines go to the landlord and not you, so you could push that angle - let them levy fines, and then tell your landlord he's paying because he didn't tell you what he should have told you when you were in the bargaining process. There are a number of ways you could play it, depending on who your tolerance for discomfort is.

If it was me, I would do one of two things: (1) lay low, be as mellow as possible (e.g. replace my Flowmasters with big-can Magnaflows), make friends with the right people, etc., or (2) GTFO.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well my exhaust isnt loud, my brother in laws diesel is but not much he can do besides change the exhaust. The place we would have to park is by the pool and rec area and its the same parking lot everyone uses to go to the beach, tons of kids with beach equipment around the truck...
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say get your deposit back and bail out....
Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Right now theres nothing comparable that is even close to this price, just square footage wise and since my brother in law moved up to finish his degree we need the room...The guy said you can have a 2500 suburban but not a full size truck...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exclamation

Originally Posted by venomhp
Right now theres nothing comparable that is even close to this price, just square footage wise and since my brother in law moved up to finish his degree we need the room...The guy said you can have a 2500 suburban but not a full size truck...
That's more than boder-line ridiculous as the body size of a full size truck and a suburban are pretty much identical. FABO HOA Bastads!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's seriously fucked up. I don't often say this, but contact an attorney and see if you have any ground to dispute that bullshit.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:57 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask for hard copies of the rules where it says you can't have them. I would fight this is I were you...they can't let you move in and THEN tell what you can and can't park there. That is total bullshit.

Quick Reply: Condo association saying truck must go...