THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Condo association saying truck must go...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well when we looked at the place we were in my wifes stock 4runner, but that shouldnt matter...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, venomhp, but you have to consider all situations here. Do you drive fast through the parking lot, rev the engine alot, make alot of noise, etc? How do you park the truck in the parking space? Do you make sure it's centered and not taking up part of the space next to you? I'm just asking because I know someone in my apartment complex who was told to not park his raised up crew cab Super Duty Ford anymore because he couldn't park the truck correctly in the space. The neighbors complained about his consistent parking job and was ultimately told to leave. It's fucked up I guess but he's also restricting where other people can park. It sounds like the landlord is making up excuses but I don't think they would have talked to you unless they had a reason to.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope I drive my truck like a grandma, and im always in my spot and dont have my radio up, but my parking spot is close to the head association guy, the landlord hasnt talked to me yet, I was looking at the workout room and one of the managers said hey and introduced himself and we were talking for a little bit, I told him what unit we lived in and then he asked about if we had the jacked up trucks, he started saying that there are rules for no trucks over 1/4 ton (ranger, s-10) and I said hes funny, but he wasnt kidding...nothing about how we drive or anything like that. I guess the guy with the fines left a sour taste in everyones mouth after his ordeal so were dealing with that now. Not sure if I can part with my truck right now...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't give up the truck if i were you.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time to participate in what makes this country great - SUE THE MF'ers!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Tribe Shaman

you know any **** head can come up to you and say something.
until you get a notice to the fact, i would sit back and come up with a few options.

like option 1.
no one informed you that only certin cars were allowed, or any question on the forms i filled out asking what kind of a car i had.
and option 2.
by law all rules and regulations must be posted in plan sight for all to see, and if needed also posted in other languages.
posting in building 13 down in the maintance room across the back wall will not do.
if your gona kick me out of the pool area for running you better have a sign posted and dated when it was put up on display.
and also option 3
did you sign any agreement for the tenent commity that you fully understand all rules and regulations as to living in your area, and did you get a copy of this contract.
this should have happened right after you filled out the lease agreement and was acepted by the land lords that your money is good enough to be in their pocket.

you could alway join this commity and set bylaws too.
only american made cars for this american supporting community.
nothing over 5 years old.
no hot rods, muscel cars, turner cars, are any kind of sport, suv or performance cars, truck, or motor bikes allowed, this is a family neighbor hood.
sorry mam the hummer has to go, it is a military combat vehical not a family car or van.
i like fresh air no BBq, fireworks, smoking of any kind out side.
all women must wear dreeses out side the complex, what you wear inside is your own business.
all men must wear a jacket and tie out side the complex, what you wear inside is your own business.
no pets allowed out side.
last thing i want to see is your little hairy dog taking a squat letting me know you fed it corn.

Last edited by PappyDan; 08-26-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

I would wait for the landlord to contact you them contact a lawyer with the by laws. It is BS since a Sub 2500 length 222.4 height 76.8 " width79.1 " wheel base 130.0 ". I would fight it but I like to **** off people.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

As a military guy if they contact my command, they can do some stupid **** to me. This command already has done some pretty crazy **** to other people earlier this year. Ill wait for a notice and have them explain it to me and Ill bring my lease and say that I was not informed, but I really dont wanna Fn move again...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

wow i love texas, **** u pay way too much anyways. seriously some parts of this country dont realize that a $300k house in texas is HUGE not like in Cali where thats a hole in the wall. ever wonder why we love texas, come here and live for 1/2 what ur paying and park ur truck next to all of our trucks
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

**** that ****

Quick Reply: Condo association saying truck must go...