THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Condo Association Update...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
So you need to politely ask then why 1/2 ton trucks are not allowed. A 1/2 ton truck uses up no more space than a "Passenger vehicle" SUV.
this rule need ammended. I can kind of understand big trucks like 3/4-1 ton but not 1/2

Edit: just saw your 2nd post.

Agreed. Most SUV's are 1/2 to 3/4 ton. This should be pointed out

yes a SUV can carry passengers, but it is not a passenger automobile.
it is a Sports Utility Vehicle.
if it was a regular passenger vehicle then it would fall under certin goverment guide lines as to how it was to be made.
but the car companies found a loop hole in these guide lines to save money and built what is now know as a SUV.

the type of Vehicle falls under radically modified above a normal passenger vehicle for it's first name Sports, and it also falls under commercial vehicles for it's middle name Utility.
now some can argue this but it is a well know fact that a camaro is a passenger vehicle, and a Super Sport Camaro is a radicaly modified version offered from the factory.
it is the same with the mustang, the boss or shelby version is radicaly modified by the factory.
even the new dodges fall under this with the displayed badge HEMI painted on the side of the car as in performance.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well if/when I am talked to about all of this in a formal matter, I will be going to the local chevy dealership and taking pictures of the lifted chevy trucks that are brand new on the lot and arguing that if you can buy something from the factory that is sold as a passenger/highway vehicle then you should not discriminate against mine

Then take an hour and write down all of the SUV's and cars around the neighborhood and look up the gross weight capacity to everything over 1/4 ton and fight that they should not be allowed to park either.

If there is no definition to "radically modified" then I would like to know why my truck pushes the limit to something that is not clearly defined and could be considered a variable definition depending on the board members .

The seating capacity of my truck is equivalent to most every sedan parked here.

The length, width, wheel base is never mentioned and was never altered from the factory

And other great points you folks have brought up. Thanks-
Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also have my wifes lift kit ready to put on her 4runner but now im hesitant to put it on...I think hers should fit in the garage though
Old 08-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Launching!

IMO your best bet would be to go to every tenants door and ask them to sign a petition to allow your vehicle be permitted to park on the grounds. If you get the tenants to agree the complex probably won't fight it. Plus it will save you the hassle and stress of trying to arguing your side.

I think what it comes down to is you are just a replaceable tenant, who signed the lease agreeing to abide by their rules. The owner/s made the rules for whatever their reason and they can enforce them. They aren't going to care unless you leaving will hurt their wallet and judging by the price of those apts, they have too much money already.

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, just looking at it without bias. Good luck though. It's a bad position to be in with a rent price like you have.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by venomhp
Well if/when I am talked to about all of this in a formal matter, I will be going to the local chevy dealership and taking pictures of the lifted chevy trucks that are brand new on the lot and arguing that if you can buy something from the factory that is sold as a passenger/highway vehicle then you should not discriminate against mine

Then take an hour and write down all of the SUV's and cars around the neighborhood and look up the gross weight capacity to everything over 1/4 ton and fight that they should not be allowed to park either.

If there is no definition to "radically modified" then I would like to know why my truck pushes the limit to something that is not clearly defined and could be considered a variable definition depending on the board members .

The seating capacity of my truck is equivalent to most every sedan parked here.

The length, width, wheel base is never mentioned and was never altered from the factory

And other great points you folks have brought up. Thanks-
It sounds like you have some very solid points to argue.

Originally Posted by Wallywall
IMO your best bet would be to go to every tenants door and ask them to sign a petition to allow your vehicle be permitted to park on the grounds. If you get the tenants to agree the complex probably won't fight it. Plus it will save you the hassle and stress of trying to arguing your side.

I think what it comes down to is you are just a replaceable tenant, who signed the lease agreeing to abide by their rules. The owner/s made the rules for whatever their reason and they can enforce them. They aren't going to care unless you leaving will hurt their wallet and judging by the price of those apts, they have too much money already.

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, just looking at it without bias. Good luck though. It's a bad position to be in with a rent price like you have.
Like Wally said, they can enforce whatever rule they want, for whatever reason. If they have established a trend of not enforcing the weight rule by allowing tahoes and things like that, then they are playing on the look of the vehicle, that sounds like discrimination. Along with having all these solid arguing points, I suggest that you spend the 300 bucks and retain a lawyer to come to this formal meeting. It will show the association that you are not screwing around because you are pissed off, but that you are very serious about this and will take them to court. Talk to your JAG office, they will probably be able to help you out.

Discrimination against a military person is not something that any community association would like to see in the news.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea I called USCG legal today and left a message about it, this way Ill have my ducks in a row if/when Im formally talked to
Old 08-28-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm just thinking, dealing with my own past homeowners experience, that these people Condo owners/association/etc... can basically enforce or choose not to enforce whatever rules they wish. If you were not informed prior to signing the lease about these rules and no questions were ever asked about the type of vehicle you own/drive etc.... that you should have a legal out of the contract. Honestly they can't expect you to sell your truck so you can live there??? Can they?

If your only 4 days into living there and this stuff is already rearing its ugly head, you might be best to try to get out now, rather than stay in, a few months the laws are hashed out, re-written whatever and then they still don't go your way. What do you do, sell your truck or walk forever cause you can't park at your residence? Doesn't sound like theres a hard decision there to me.

I see no good coming out of this fight.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

tell them that you purchased the truck from the dealership that way.

my bad on the weight...i didnt read all of it lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I should win the battle for the weight part, theres a few other suburbans and ****, but well see
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Tribe Shaman

you need to find out who is on the head of this commity and when the next meeting is

Quick Reply: Condo Association Update...