THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Congrats to SPOOLIN on the TRUCKIN' Magazine Cover!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome
Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have pics of the cover
Old 07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you go back next year Im coming out there for it
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Hey thanks guys!!! I didn't know about it until someone on here PM'ed me about it!!
I was told I might be on the cover but wasn't holding my breath until it actually happened. It's one thing I can knock off my bucket list!! Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be on the cover of a truck magazine and this is really awesome. Only sucky part about it is I won't be home and back in the states for another 10 days so I will just have to wait till then to read the article. I will have the truck running right by the end of the year and have the suspension dialed in so that next year, I will be able to put a hurting on the competition. I just hope I get invited back again!!

Lol, Thanks for all your help Vince! I'm sure your finger prints are still on that hunk of junk somewhere!
to you!
Cool brother! Glad to hear it! As soon as my new issue of Truckin shows up I'm going to have to see what they wrote about you

I've been reading hot rod mags since I was 14 (so 25yrs), used to have stacks and stacks of them.......huge congrats!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I hate my cats

Nice job dudebro. I'll bet the neighbor kids gack out at the site of the driveway when you guys get together for family functions! The last issue of Truckin magazine I bought was Dave's, and yours will be the next for a good while I'm sure.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Seen the mag with him on the cover today at the store. I was like hey i know that guy/truck.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

too bad ward's truck had to ruin the cover shot.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 AM
GFYS and STFU

Whenever I read articles of people's trucks that I liked there was always two hundred people that the owner wanted to thank, which I always thought to be funny because they were all names of sponsors who gave them stuff for free. When they asked me if there was anyone I wanted to thank...I had two thousand people to thank, and the only thing these guys gave me was there time which I consider more valuable anyways.

Truck would of never made it to the event let alone the cover if it wasn't for these fellow PT.net members guys,

Stoichiometric = Henry
WildeRacing = Dusty
CurtD = Curt
Stock48 = Jarrett
Sloxcab = Lee
Leftcoast32 = Joe
Vince B = Vince
USABodyguard = Dave
1FastBrick = Joe
WCCH = Richard
Jetman = Rex

This is just a big thank you to the PT.net community as a whole because in addition to guys above, there's another 150 guys who've helped just as much in my build threads. Most of you who followed the threads know how completely inept and hopeless I am with tools, so building a truck like that is more of a forum build because I seriously would of given up long ago if I hadn't had the direction and help that ya'll provided. During the photoshoot someone asked if I would remove the Performancetrucks.net sticker off the back window and I politely refused, it's as much a part of the truck as the engine is.

Last edited by Spoolin; 07-25-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:06 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
If you go back next year Im coming out there for it
I can always use another waterboy/towelboy!!
You have a place to stay if you decide to come out, with or without the little lady.

Originally Posted by moregrip
Cool brother! Glad to hear it! As soon as my new issue of Truckin shows up I'm going to have to see what they wrote about you

I've been reading hot rod mags since I was 14 (so 25yrs), used to have stacks and stacks of them.......huge congrats!
Looking forward to coming up and hanging out finally now that my truck is done. Be nice to get you me and Dave's truck all lined up!

Originally Posted by EVILGMC
too bad ward's truck had to ruin the cover shot.
No comment!!

Originally Posted by USMC45
P.S. I plan on eventually stealing your paint scheme except with Black Satin & a Red Satin or Gloss Black Stripe, sorry but its so clean!
-Patrick-
Steal away brother, I can't pretend to know what I was doing when I picked the colors, but just happy it came out the way it did. I've tossed around the Red satin idea in my head before, I say do it!!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:13 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats on ur cover bro

Quick Reply: Congrats to SPOOLIN on the TRUCKIN' Magazine Cover!!!