THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
That's pretty much what happened with me, on day I looked down and the speedo read 167 and I thought to myself "What the hell am I doing?" It also didn't help that shortly after a lady pulled out in front of me and I laid it down doing 30 on an empty road with me having the right of way. People suck, they have damn cell phone stuck so far up their *** its ridiculous.
Did you get hurt when you laid it down?

That's something I can not stand. When someone answers the phone and it will reflect their driving. I always see people going 50-55 on the highway while talking on the phone. Yes I will answer the phone if I need to while driving but the person I talk to always has to repeat their self because I am paying more attention to the road than I am to them. I will not sit and chit chat though I will say what I need to and hang up.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Country Boy
What about the original post did you not understand?

Hes just damn luck he didnt take someone else with him.
what about that post did you not understand? First if he actually hit him at 100+ he would be dead, no questions about that. He was probably doing highway speed, the accelarated around the car quickly as to not stay in the opposite lane like you should and not loligag around, then hit the brakes hard when he spotted the car and tapped the rear of it. The unfortunate part is he didnt spot the car infront of the car he was passing, if he would have im sure he could have slowed down in time. So im under the impression that it was a mistake with inattention, not acting stupid. Doesnt sound like he was acting like a fool just to pass a car. I agree you shouldnt put other people at risk, but I still wouldnt wish harm on someone when I do not know the full story.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn talk about a bunch of pots calling the kettles black.

How many of you race on the street in your trucks???? Seriously thats just a stupid. You run the same chance of someone pulling out in front of you with way less of a chance of slowing your 4500lb + brick down.

It sucks to **** up, nobody is perfect. I hope he learns and dosn't make the same bad choices again.

As much as people dont see motorcycles..... they dont see a big *** truck either!!!! It dosent matter what your on the road in we all take the same chance and put our lives at the mercy of someone eles's irresponsiblity.

That being said i do all of the above... I undersand the recourse of my actions. and when something happens i will be a man and accept responsibilty
Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1dirtybird
Damn talk about a bunch of pots calling the kettles black.

How many of you race on the street in your trucks???? Seriously thats just a stupid. You run the same chance of someone pulling out in front of you with way less of a chance of slowing your 4500lb + brick down.

It sucks to **** up, nobody is perfect. I hope he learns and dosn't make the same bad choices again.

As much as people dont see motorcycles..... they dont see a big *** truck either!!!! It dosent matter what your on the road in we all take the same chance and put our lives at the mercy of someone eles's irresponsiblity.

That being said i do all of the above... I undersand the recourse of my actions. and when something happens i will be a man and accept responsibilty
I can safely say.. not me. I dont race my truck. Now, when I had my old Camaro, yes, I used to frequent the street races, but that was a 2 lane bridge with nothing but concrete barriers on both sides (one way traffic) and people slowed behind us.. and the kicker.. I wasnt drinking.

You wanna play around, no problem, do it where there isnt innocent people and dont drink. Theres a time and a place. That dude learned a hard lesson unfortunally.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:18 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STFU.

I've been riding for 32 consecutive years.

Riding and drinking is plain stupid, I don't think anyone will disagree.

Riding a bike isn't for the chicken hearted either If you worry about going down, getting maimed or even death perhaps riding isn't for you.

Me, I'm a risk taker. If it's easy I don't like it. I ride and I ride as safely as possible but know the risks.

Sucks to hear a rider went down, I hope he recovers well and learns a valuable lesson.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by trever1t
STFU.

Riding a bike isn't for the chicken hearted either If you worry about going down, getting maimed or even death perhaps riding isn't for you.

Me, I'm a risk taker. If it's easy I don't like it. I ride and I ride as safely as possible but know the risks.

Sucks to hear a rider went down, I hope he recovers well and learns a valuable lesson.
Yawn.. Here ya go squid.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, I love cookies!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Did you get hurt when you laid it down?

That's something I can not stand. When someone answers the phone and it will reflect their driving. I always see people going 50-55 on the highway while talking on the phone. Yes I will answer the phone if I need to while driving but the person I talk to always has to repeat their self because I am paying more attention to the road than I am to them. I will not sit and chit chat though I will say what I need to and hang up.
I was just sore more than anything. Unfortunately I was on my way to a bar to meet up with some buddies so I didnt have my jacket or even jeans on since we were going to be outdoors and it was summer time. All I had on was gloves and a helmet. The helmet didnt even hit the ground, what saved my *** was the gloves. I somehow did a push-up and kept the bulk of myself off the asphalt.

I was on a three lane wide street, she was stopped at a stop sign then all the sudden pulled right out in front of me. I tried to dodge but hit a patch a loose asphalt and it was all over with. I remember the bike sliding away from me in slow motion and catching footing and my momentum taking me up on my feet and coming to a running stop. About that time the stupid bitch dropped her phone from her ear.

Ive got a 6 month old son now so Ive got a delema of between what I want and what is "responsible" at this point in my life.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trever1t
STFU.

It's not a matter of if you go down, but WHEN.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by indigo s10
It's not a matter of if you go down, but WHEN.
Ive already been down so does that mean if I get another bike I wont go down again?

If I could get some people to agree to that it would go a long way to convincing the wife I should get another bike

Quick Reply: Cousin wrecked his CBR1000 RR last night at 100 MPH