THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Critter problem - Rabbits!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Critter problem - Rabbits!!!

Anybody have this problem?

As some know, I live w/. my brother. ~3 yrs. ago, I ripped down the pool & redid some of landscaping. Not all of it, just improved on what was a hideous eyesore. We have a huge Silver Maple & since I work crazy hrs. & have over the yrs. worked alot of hours, as did my bro, neglect ensued. The pool was neglected, all kinds of leaves & branches dropping in pool. Liner gets a little hole, cause it was so old. It's lack of upkeep due to busy schedules compounded problem.

1 day, I go to snag a branch outta the pool. More like a mosquito haven. I tear an even bigger hole in liner. Fast FWD. all the leaves, limbs, & junk weigh it down over time. It's never drained over winter, so liner breaks. I cut the liner & rip it down.

I get 5 yds. of soil free from someone & it would level off the deep end where pool was. I plant a bunch of shrubs, ornamental grasses & flowers.

Currently, here's the deal. I enjoy watching nature & therefore watching all my stuff grow. I have many shrubs & flowers & instead of drawing my neighbors unwanted attn. ( & in turn, the township) when we had the nasty pool up, they started to complement me.

I have some Easter Lilies. These badboys look sweet, unless rabbits start eating them.

It started out a lil nibbling. Then it got worse. I'll never see them bloom this yr, & IDK if they'll recover. I have some other plants, 4-5 other types it likes too. 3 rabbits my neighbor has seen em. His son has a rabbit feeder 15' from his garden, so rabbits don't eat his veggies & tomato plants. I think if they run outta food they come over to my stuff. I don't use pesticides on lawn, so it's feast time for them.

That said, how do u guys get rid of "pesky" rabbits?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

22. with a flash light. they'll be more likely out at night.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
traveling mod

Got the same problem man..There are several of those fat bastards runnin around the yard
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Gem tech suppressor on a number of different 22s
Old 06-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Female Pitbull..seriously, I would let my dog go to a friends house in rural San Diego for the weekend. He too had multiple garden plants/shrubs and the rabbits were destroying them..One weekend she got 13 rabbits,he said she would grab em, shake em, and on to the next...Pitbulls LOVE Humans, but HATE small animals...Great dogs for rural areas with small animal problems..
Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

My neighbors would for sure call the cops if they even thought a gun went off, even a .22. It would be easy if I lived up North still. Pop! No silencer needed. Little Peter Rabbit & I know there's a bigger 1 too. I never see all 3 at once. I told my bro I'm so irritated the .45 would get me in trouble, but I sure want to.

I go to work ~3:45am. I rarely ever see em & by the time I come home, damage is already done.

But since I don't work on Sundays, I looked out at 8 am. Lil pecker was right in front of my truck. I wanna to pick up something & throw at it. My luck, I'd hit my truck. Last night, I told my bro if he ever sees rabbit nibbling on the goods, I don't care, throw somethin. A shoe, a boot, whatever. I chased that lil **** away, but w/. no fences, I can't corral one. The ground rolls cause we're on a gradual hill, makin it harder to catch, but I wanted to step on it w/. my size 12.

Last edited by fastnblu; 06-13-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Live traps and relocate the little suckers to someones house you don't like but has REALLY nice landscaping!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Green gas automatic air soft rifle loaded with aluminum BBs. You won't get in trouble for shooting that in the yard.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 PM
13 Second Truck Club

waskally wabbits...use a .22 CB cap or .22 subsonic ammo, quiet rounds...
Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Live traps and relocate the little suckers to someones house you don't like but has REALLY nice landscaping!
Kyle, we like most of the neighbors. Except the 1 w/. the retarded dog. It barks to no end when it's out. Our sub has a no fence policy. Yet, yrs. ago, the neighbor directly behind paid out of his own pocket for a fence cause he had & has a lil dog. He dog is awesome. It's so well behaved. Then there's this guy w/. the barkin dog, he has a fence. Otherwise, I'd chase em over there. That dog would go nuts.

We do have a live trap & that's how we've caught 3 coons. That's another story. I was wondering if some lettuce inside would do the trick. If I have to, I'd relocate em. I don't wanna kill the little *****, I just want em to stop messing w/. my stuff.

I was just at my neighbors across street. He was away for awhile. I just got back from there. I asked him & his wife if they had any problems w/. rabbits this year. He said, oh ya! I said me too, that's way I chased then over to his house in morning. He just laughed.

Last edited by fastnblu; 06-13-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Critter problem - Rabbits!!!