THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Damn Im an indecisive mofo, Gay is the way, GAY is my way, I AM WAY GAY, the GAYEST

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Damn Im an indecisive ****, Gay is the way, GAY is my way, I AM WAY GAY, the GAYEST

First of all I know that thread title is going to get changed

Im going to sell my radix for sure to finance some of this house BS and its got me wondering if its even worth screwing with the rest of the crap Ive got laying around. My interests and amount of time I have to devote to hobbies has been greatly reduced. With school keeping me so busy and work not going below 60/week I dont foresee any time soon being able to devote the time needed for me to tinker.

Corey has been awesome with helping(more like doing it all) with the tuning and I cant keep bothering him with tuning questions or going up there for him to do it. I need to spend the time to learn it myself but there simply isnt the time for me to do so.

I was highly disappointed in my exhaust results, now granted my cam is not the greatest NA cam but I dont know that I really felt much gain going from totally stock to lts, no cats and 3.5" exhaust. It still doesnt change the fact that its only an extended cab and it doesnt tow like my dmax.

Basically hotrodding is giving way to other interests at the moment. My dmax could do everything good, it was a bit slow but that could be changed fairly easily. Ive been looking online and the 08-10 F350s are looking pretty nice. Bigger crew cab, long bed so I can have a useable bed after I throw my toolbox in there and 35s with just a little coil spacer. Just wish I felt more comfortable with the 6.4s reputation. Im not really interested in getting another dmax since the crew cab is small and would cost me atleast 3K to lift it to fit 35s good and upgrade all the steering. Ive already been down that route and it cost me almost 2K to do the front end up my old truck without even using a lift.

Alot of the 6.4s I see with problems are running the factory exhaust, ones with tuners and all the emissions deleted seem to do just fine...

I guess Im starting to see myself going the same way I did the first time around with my Z. I fixed it up because I didnt think I could afford a dmax then ended up spending enough on it that I couldve paid cash for a damn near new one. Then I got my dmax which I loved then sold it to pay some stuff off now Im playing with the Z again and wasting money since I dont think Ill ever be happy with it.

Id like to get me another crew cab diesel then start gathering stuff to rebuild my old bronco with my son. I learned how to drive with that thing and its been neglected for well over a decade. My son is about to turn one(seems like he was born yesterday) and once he gets big enough to start tinkering(another couple of years) Id like to have a project for us to work on. A 74 bronco restored from the ground up with some blown LS power sounds like fun I learned to drive and drive a manual in this vehicle Id like for him to get a sentimental connection with it too since its been in the family for a little over 3 decades now.

I need a good tow rig, and family hauler a crew cab diesel fits the bill just not sure what itll be. Just keep thinking Im crazy but house mods are seeming like more and more fun and tinkering with a truck that in all honesty I never drive is seeming like a bad idea. Hell prior to going up to Corey's for the exxhaust I hadnt driven it in a a few weeks and now its been another 2-3 weeks since Ive even started it.

So am I nuts?

about this subject I know Im naturally crazy
Old 07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If you get a 6.4 expect me to drive to Austin and kick you squarely in the sack...

If you must get a Ford, get a 6.0, they have inherent cooler problems but with a few changes can be made damn near bulletproof as a 7.3... the 6.7's have been great so far with only a few minor issues, but they are high priced bitches...

IMO, get an 08ish LMM and throw some 33's and a tune, and DPF delete setup on it and leave it alone... true, the Ford cabs are a bit bigger, but youve got a one yr old and your all of 125lbs you cant need as much room as me I'm 230lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal
Old 07-17-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not nuts. Interests and priorities can change. That's part of it. How many people on this board were here when you got here? How many of them maintain the same level of participation that they did when you were new?
Old 07-17-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
If you get a 6.4 expect me to drive to Austin and kick you squarely in the sack...

If you must get a Ford, get a 6.0, they have inherent cooler problems but with a few changes can be made damn near bulletproof as a 7.3... the 6.7's have been great so far with only a few minor issues, but they are high priced bitches...

IMO, get an 08ish LMM and throw some 33's and a tune, and DPF delete setup on it and leave it alone... true, the Ford cabs are a bit bigger, but youve got a one yr old and your all of 125lbs you cant need as much room as me I'm 230lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal
I hate the interior and exterior of the 6.0 trucks so its not even an option. The LMM trucks are going for a little more than the Fords and are going to need a lot of front suspension work to last with the way I am on equipment plus it will need a built trans. The stock torqshift can handle a ton of abuse. Everything about the ford is better except the engine.

What kind of real problems do you see? Ive talked to a few people that have them, and work on them and it seems artificial stuff is the main problems. Not so much actual longblock problems. I know you deal with them every day what do you see? Are they really that bad?

I may be skinny at 160#s but Im also a long legged 6' tall string bean as you well know and so my seat has to be back fairly far and with the GM crew cab size a fullsize adult or the infant style carseat wont fit behind my seat. There is quite a bit more room in the Fords, plus I just really love the way these trucks look

Get rid of the chrome and make it a longbed and thats my dream truck, besides if I got one I could always just get you to come up and fix it
Originally Posted by jpodell
You are not nuts. Interests and priorities can change. That's part of it. How many people on this board were here when you got here? How many of them maintain the same level of participation that they did when you were new?
I know, there are very very few that were here when I got here and frequent the site each day. I know people change direction all the time its more of a decision process as to what I should really do.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

expect about 13 mpg with that pill of ****. Your better off with that stupid blower...
Old 07-17-2011, 04:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been on the diesel forums more then this forum lately, I'd love an f250 or ram 2500(chevy is last on my list). I say get the 08, and ditch the emissions crap, and tune it. Only thing I wouldn't do is get the long bed, it would be a pain to park anywhere.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
expect about 13 mpg with that pill of ****. Your better off with that stupid blower...
Stock they get horrible mileage just like the LMMs. Quite a few are knocking down close to 24 on stock size tires and 65mph. Some of getting a little over 20 on 35s which sounds good to me. My dmax got 17.5 on 35s running 75 so Id say the mileage ought to be fairly close. This is of course with all the emissions bs taken off and a hot tune.
Originally Posted by dlt76028
I've been on the diesel forums more then this forum lately, I'd love an f250 or ram 2500(chevy is last on my list). I say get the 08, and ditch the emissions crap, and tune it. Only thing I wouldn't do is get the long bed, it would be a pain to park anywhere.
I do all my errands in my company truck, and if the wife and kid are going with me we can take her civic si. The longbed is all about space for hauling crap. For once Id be able to haul my four wheeler in the bed with my tool box and still be able to close the tailgate. Which in turn would allow me to pull my lowboyt railer with my bronco on it without having to put a bunch of weight on the tongue of it so it doesnt fish tail so bad with the four wheeler taking up the front portion of the trailer sideways.

I drove my dads f350 dually for a few months and it wasnt bad once you got used to it. I park out in the back of the parking lots anyway, and dont mind going in to fast food joints even though I rarely go to them anyway on my own time. My personal truck only gets driven when I feel like it so mileage and around town maneuverability isnt of much concern.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

http://www.liftedtrucks.com/vehicle/...ong-bed-a41481
Old 07-17-2011, 04:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Old 07-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Im just looking for a leveling kit. My wife is 5'3" and Ive got a 10 month old so it needs to be reasonable in height. I looked for a little bit but it will be a while before Ill feel like buying one. I want to get my wifes car paid off and get the savings back up to where it was. This house crap has really put a dent in my wallet that is going to take a while to fix

Quick Reply: Damn Im an indecisive mofo, Gay is the way, GAY is my way, I AM WAY GAY, the GAYEST