THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Damn It, Injured Yet Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the same surgery when I was 19 and in my first year of the Marine Corps and happen to be running with 3 other guys with a 12ft piece of telephone pole on our shoulders. It's not fun and being in the military is not very conducive to a restful recovery. They want your *** to push it and get back to work ASAP... Sometimes I feel it and have to slow down again, and then there's times when I push it too hard and I'm sore as hell for days. I limp around like I got kicked in the suitcase... Like someone previously said get the mesh!! It keeps it from happening as easily down the road and has probably saved my *** already. After you have one, it's easy to do it again after that area and tissue has been compromised. This week I've swapped two complete engines, one of which was pretty involved, and a trans among other small jobs. I'm feelin it, and I'm 27...

Get well brother... The most important part of the whole injury is the recovery process... You HAVE to take it easy and lay on your *** as much as possible to get healed 100%. you'll regret it like I did if you dont.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I had the same surgery when I was 19 and in my first year of the Marine Corps and happen to be running with 3 other guys with a 12ft piece of telephone pole on our shoulders. It's not fun and being in the military is not very conducive to a restful recovery. They want your *** to push it and get back to work ASAP... Sometimes I feel it and have to slow down again, and then there's times when I push it too hard and I'm sore as hell for days. I limp around like I got kicked in the suitcase... Like someone previously said get the mesh!! It keeps it from happening as easily down the road and has probably saved my *** already. After you have one, it's easy to do it again after that area and tissue has been compromised. This week I've swapped two complete engines, one of which was pretty involved, and a trans among other small jobs. I'm feelin it, and I'm 27...

Get well brother... The most important part of the whole injury is the recovery process... You HAVE to take it easy and lay on your *** as much as possible to get healed 100%. you'll regret it like I did if you dont.
I had the same thing when I was in college, on the right side too. I didn't even know it happened, my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife, found it while doing an "inspection". I had the surgery to repair it (with the mesh) on my Chirstmas break, and I remember not wanting to move afterwards. It hurt to breathe. I missed a week of work in my dad's body shop, but just like above I think I pushed it too soon, because every now and then I swear I can feel it too.

Get it fixed quick and don't rush the recovery Billy!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
LMAO cody!

Hey Billy, how long till you can beat your dummy again?? Your gonna be backed up!
I'm trying to do it "softly", but my junk likes it rough so I'm getting backed up already! I'm currently working on a new fixture for my Craftsman shop vac! (kinda like a power pocket *****! ) My girlfriend is bummed too! Might have to build something for her also...

Originally Posted by tdrumm
I had the same thing when I was in college, on the right side too. I didn't even know it happened, my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife, found it while doing an "inspection". I had the surgery to repair it (with the mesh) on my Chirstmas break, and I remember not wanting to move afterwards. It hurt to breathe. I missed a week of work in my dad's body shop, but just like above I think I pushed it too soon, because every now and then I swear I can feel it too.

Get it fixed quick and don't rush the recovery Billy!
Wow, so I guess that this is pretty common huh? Thanks for the info guys...I'll be sure to let it heal, as I'm not to sure about the security of my job at this point after getting hurt twice in six months. Why go limping in early just to get my walking papers? We have a new regime at work, and they've been looking for people to axe left and right...maybe getting the axe would be the best thing to happen to me...it'll give me the time to explore the side projects that I've been planning, and maybe I'll have myself a new career, and be my own boss as I've always wanted

The past two days I haven't done diddly, the workers comp insurance company adjuster told me to wait by the phone for their nurse to call, which I did, and she called at 10am today, asked all of the questions that I've already answered already, then told me to wait by the phone again for her to call back with the info for the surgeon who is going to check me out...

Usually I'd be on the computer all day, but I've been real uncomfortable, so I've just been laying down and forcing myself to sleep to forget about the pain, and waiting for the phone to ring so I can get this all over with. I'll admit it, when it comes to being in pain, I'm a wuss, but I can ingest buckets of pain killers without getting the full effect as I have a very high tolerance for that stuff...probably due to my past partying endeavors and whatnot...all that happens really is that I sweat a lot but still hurt. I told my girlfriend to go out and get me a "morphine tuxedo", and maybe she'll be able to get some tonight

Thanks for the well wishes guys, and thanks for the exercises Coban! Gonna "right click, save as", and maybe start doing that when I'm back on my feet (probably not because I'm stupid, but It's nice to try right? ) I'll keep ya'll updated when I pop on from time to time, I'm sure that once I get hooked up with the surgeon this will go quickly (at least I'm hoping)...

Thanks again guys!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I'm trying to do it "softly", but my junk likes it rough so I'm getting backed up already! I'm currently working on a new fixture for my Craftsman shop vac! (kinda like a power pocket *****! ) My girlfriend is bummed too! Might have to build something for her also...

:
LMFAO!!! Damn billy i literally LOLed when i read this! So FN hilarious!!!!

Laughter is the best medice they say, but i bet it hurts to laugh for you now !

I hear ya on the past partying having effects on how medicine works, i always seem to add 2 more pills than im spose to. Oh well

One day at a time, no worries about your job, whats meant to be will be waiting for you when your healthy again!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

my dad herniated something in his intestines a while back, good luck.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by TIM Z
LMFAO!!! Damn billy i literally LOLed when i read this! So FN hilarious!!!!

Laughter is the best medice they say, but i bet it hurts to laugh for you now !

I hear ya on the past partying having effects on how medicine works, i always seem to add 2 more pills than im spose to. Oh well

One day at a time, no worries about your job, whats meant to be will be waiting for you when your healthy again!
Yea, they say that laughter is the best medicine, but I've found that in this case, buckets of pain killers work best!

Yea, I'm kinda sour on the whole job thing right now anyway...last time when I was out with the torn tendon, I came in to work and worked for a week and a half with the cast on until I screwed myself up more, then when I was out for sure, I continued to come in a few times a week to do the administrative duties that I have...for free...and didn't even get a thank you. When I mentioned that to my boss he told me that he's spent the past year saving my ***...well if that's the case, just ******* let me go and let the rest of your "techs" fix the cars that I save from going lemon law every week, and road testing with the customers and providing them the "Lexus Experience" while licking their asses and wiping their noses...smoothing things over after their car has been in 3 times and still isn't fixed since our guys are only interested in gravy work and won't take the time to properly diagnose a problem....grrrr I could go on and on for pages, but I'll spare ya'll that. Maybe if I do lose my job I'll do a youtube rant and get a national tour like Charlie Sheen!

Originally Posted by Nuclear Endless
my dad herniated something in his intestines a while back, good luck.
Thanks bro, I'm hoping for the best
Old 07-22-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freaking kooter! If it was not for bad luck you would not have any! Sorry to hear your messed up again. I guess this means you might have some time to call your cousin Vinnie one of these days! Tell the guy with the LU problem to load the back of his truck up with Becks and I'll get him squared away!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Vince B
Freaking kooter! If it was not for bad luck you would not have any! Sorry to hear your messed up again. I guess this means you might have some time to call your cousin Vinnie one of these days! Tell the guy with the LU problem to load the back of his truck up with Becks and I'll get him squared away!
LOL, yea, looks like I'll have a little time on my hands to catch up on some phone calls to my friends who I've been neglecting I'll give Renford directions to the "Total Wine and More" that always has great deals on the imported beers, then send him west

With this string of bad luck this year I know that it just has to turn around...think I'm ready for a winning lottery ticket!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... out of work from the end of January to the end of April with a torn left bicep tendon, I screwed myself up yet again today. I was doing a 20K service on a 2010 RX350, which includes and oil change, and some gorilla (who is one of our techs), decided that the oil filter housing needs to be installed with either an impact gun or breaker bar Our newer cars have an oil filter element that go inside of an aluminum housing that is supposed to be torqued to only 3 in/lb! Well upon my attempt to break this thing loose, I gave it a tug... It took an impact gun to get the housing off ...

I'm only 41 and already I'm getting too old for this ****
Hope u talked to the Gorilla that previously tightened it too, at your expense.

Moral of the story: Imports suck! You're old!

...as well as quit smoking and eat better, I don't take care of myself. ...but I didn't get sick or injured once in the 10 1/2 months that I didn't smoke. ...(
Coincidence?!?

Originally Posted by dlt76028
...just don't pull anything heavy after your surgery.
She told me it isn't heavy last time I called, so he should be good there.

Originally Posted by fastrt
...Not to long ago, I dug up, and pulled a 6 year old maple tree trunk out of the ground by myself,...about 200lbs stump and roots. ...
I've done that but w/. a 40 yr. locust tree. Apparently, as I read after dulling chains & sawzall blades, they're tuff as hickory. They left the mesh on the stump. Much bigger & heavier than your Maple, but I hear ya.

...Sometimes I feel it and have to slow down again, and then there's times when I push it too hard and I'm sore for days. I limp around like I got kicked in the suitcase... Like someone previously said get the mesh!! It keeps it from happening as easily down the road and has probably saved my *** already. After you have one, it's easy to do it again after that area and tissue has been compromised. ...I'm feelin it, and I'm 27...

... The most important part of the whole injury is the recovery process... You HAVE to take it easy ... to get healed 100%. you'll regret it like I did if you dont.
Kicked in the suitcase. I'm keeping that one!

Ben, @ 27, you're just a youngster. Military & most jobs don't care about you, just what u do for them. So ya, they push u back earlier than u know it should be. When u hurt your back, your 4x more likely to reinjure it.

Like swift700 said, "I'm 41 too. At this age you get hurt easier and it takes longer to heal."

While I'm not as O-L-D as Billy or swift, age makes it easier to get hurt & heal, true.
Billy isn't in as good of shape as me, but he's older too!!!

[/QUOTE=tdrumm;4738378]I didn't even know it happened, my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife, found it while doing an "inspection". ... [/QUOTE]

Loved the "inspection" & TIM Z comment, "How long till you can beat your dummy again?? Your gonna be backed up! "

Wow, so I guess that this is pretty common huh? ...I'll be sure to let it heal, as I'm not to sure about the security of my job at this point after getting hurt twice in six months. Why go limping in early just to get my walking papers? We have a new regime at work, and they've been looking for people to axe left and right...maybe getting the axe would be the best thing to happen to me...it'll give me the time to explore the side projects that I've been planning, and maybe I'll have myself a new career, and be my own boss as I've always wanted

...but I can ingest buckets of pain killers without getting the full effect as I have a very high tolerance for that stuff...probably due to my past partying endeavors and whatnot... I told my girlfriend to go out and get me a "morphine tuxedo", and maybe she'll be able to get some tonight

...(probably not because I'm stupid,...)
We(I) don't need to hear bout how rough u like your ****.
Send pics 1st & she can call me after.

Gotta love havin to answer all the same questions, again, when u r in pain.

Don't rush the recovery? Wow, someone told u that on the previous injury? Did u listen?

Pain killers may help some, but it's your body strength that needs to heal, not a Dr. script. A destructive lifestyle will just perpetuate injuries. Get rest & get right!! [COLOR="Red"]Quit Smokin Jackass!!![/COLOR

LOL, yea, looks like I'll have a little time on my hands to catch up on some phone calls to my friends who I've been neglecting ...
How's that workin out for you, DICK? My phone has yet to ring!!! Guess I know where I stand.

Last edited by fastnblu; 07-24-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Damn It, Injured Yet Again!