THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Damn It, Injured Yet Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:28 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, the multi-quote maniac is back! Where do I start!

Yessiree, I did talk to the gorilla that put me here, and found out that he has been talked to time and time again but still continues to overtighten these things. I like the guy too, he and I are friends, but he's not the best tech (obviously)...no diagnostic ability, but usually good at engine and trans swaps, and obviously good at overtightening engine components

I like Ben's "kicked in the suitcase" phrase too, definitely a keeper!

And yes, I know, I know, I don't take care of myself and lead somewhat of a destructive lifestyle...I definitely plan to change all of that, but can't seem to get to a stress level where I'm comfortable making those kind of changes and being able to deal with withdrawals from cigarettes and all of the junk that's in them, withdrawals from crappy foods, and all of the junk that's in them...I'm sure that you're noticing a trend here...

As for the phone calls buddy, I still haven't called anybody yet, so don't be bent about it. I've been doing a lot of resting and trying to sleep through the discomfort, and this week I have Rosie, unless I finally get a date for the surgery, in which case the ex will have to pick her up from day care and I'll miss out on my time with her.

I need to call you to catch up, I need to call Mike to catch up and help him out with a wiring project that he has, that he's waiting on me for some guidance and schematics that I'll email to him, gotta call my cousin Vinnie as we've played phone tag for a few months, probably about 3/4 to a year ago, gotta call my buddy Brad from Mass to see how his wife's surgery went a few weeks ago, gotta call my buddy Tim and my buddy Jim just because it's been way too long, gotta call my dad as the last two times that we talked I had to cut the convo short for one reason or another...gotta call my old boss who's back at the Toyota dealership that I used to work at, just to touch base and get myself back in his memory as I may be seeking employment with him again, after two consecutive injuries at my current job, and a new regime here that's looking to cut corners and roll heads wherever they can. Seems that the new muck-a-mucks no longer care about CSI (Customer Service Index), or the Elite of Lexus (an award from Lexus for continued excellence, good CSI, and other objectives that involve satisfying the customer and actually "fixing" vehicles, not just servicing them and banging them out the door. There are sales objectives also, but those prerequisites are fairly easy to meet...much easier than keeping our over demanding customers happy, which is a big part of what I do...or did )

Funny how you mentioned about rushing the previous injury...my boss made a comment to me how our dispatcher came right back to work after surgery to his arm, yet I'd drag it out forever and ever How quickly he forgot how I came right back to work with my left arm in a cast until I screwed my left arm up more and had to have the cast cut off, and how I came in to take care of the administrative duties that I perform every day, since it's light duty computer work, and it saved him the time and money from training someone else to do it...I was out on disability leave and still came in to perform these duties for free, but that doesn't mean ****. I'll continue to do the same thing, but I'm not rushing in to do it this time, I'll wait until my junk feels decent enough to sit in the crappy seat at the computer at work. Not to mention, all that our dispatcher does is dispatch...keep a route sheet and hand out work, poorly I might add. He stopped me from working on a multi-thousand dollar insurance job that I would have finished so I could do the service that gave me the hernia, kept me from finishing the insurance job all-together (since I got hurt and am out of work someone else had to put the car back together...I hate leaving things undone), and more than likely cost me my job. At the end of that day, I was limping around trying to finish the second car that he gave me after the injuring service, while there were flat rate techs standing around, who would have loved that 20k service. This tool hasn't even worked there a year, while I've been there almost eight, but he'll continue to be employed, even though he doesn't need it as he admits that he could retire at any time, and I'll be SOL, caring for my daughter 50% of the time, and paying child support, an exorbitant amount of rent, etc. etc. Keep your eyes on the news...if I lose my job because of this ***, I may just lose it and go looking for him He knows the new bosses that we have...they all worked together at the Lexus dealer that has the worst reputation in New Jersey...so much so that they had to change their name to try and fool the public into thinking that they're under new ownership and/or management...which, I guess that they are now since all of their crappy bosses are at our place now My parts manager always hooks me up with the monthly CSI/Performace reports that Lexus provides our managers with, and that particular dealership is always dead last...period. BUT, it's not what you know...it's WHO you know

Anyway, rant over...kinda trailed off there...just a little stressed about this whole situation, and a little pissed at the workers comp ins company for dragging their asses in getting me fixed and back to work...grrrrr

Sorry folks
Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Well I finally have my surgery scheduled for Tues, Aug 9th, at 7:30am. I went yesterday for the pre-op testing (blood work, EKG, and chest x-ray), and hopefully they don't find anything stupid with that stuff to delay this any further. You'd think that the insurance companies would want to expedite this to get me back to work quicker, but I guess that it's cheaper to keep me on ice while they price shop for the cheapest surgeon...just my hypothesis...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head up. Good to hear, I'm sure your GF is happy. Oops, did I say that.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you sure that you and my dad aren't related? I think he had his first hernia when he was somewhere around 39-41. You both have effed up shoulders too (The same shoulder I may add).

Really sucks man, good luck with the recovery.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn man!!! sorry to hear that! When you get better this time take some time and start working out some. I know that time spent with your daughter is important to you so maybe you can include her with the work outs. Bike riding, jogging, heck....maybe try P90X or some sort of home work out routine. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Head up. Good to hear, I'm sure your GF is happy. Oops, did I say that.
LOL, yea, she's been very patient, but very supportive...good girl for sure

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Are you sure that you and my dad aren't related? I think he had his first hernia when he was somewhere around 39-41. You both have effed up shoulders too (The same shoulder I may add).

Really sucks man, good luck with the recovery.
Ha ha, hey, you never know! I've had problems with both shoulders and elbows, my lower back, and now my left knee is bothering me from walking funny due to the hernia. I've already had surgery on my right shoulder and elbow (at the same time actually), and the shoulder never healed right. A couple of months after the surgery I had just gotten back to work for about a week or so, when I started feeling fluish on the Friday, which was the day before New Years Eve. I came home from work and crashed on the couch with all of my work clothes still on. Woke up at midnight and it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a bat, and my left forearm and teeth were aching. Long story short, got rushed to the hospital, everything pointed towards heart attack, emergency catherization, and no heart attack, but my heart was enlarged and malfunctioning. Almost forgot, my now ex-wife told me that she was pregnant that morning, and I thought for sure that I was dying that night and would never get to meet my child . Anyway, turns out that I caught some sort of virus that attacked my heart (I wouldn't doubt if it was something laying in wait from the shoulder surgery which never took...it's called Myocarditis), missed another month and a half of work, then a couple years worth of meds and checkups and I've been fine ever since. (This happened when I was 35, a month before I turned 36).

My right elbow has been doing pretty good though, I get a little zing every so often, but as long as I don't beat on it too much (take that however you want ), it stays OK. The elbow was tendonitis from years of wrenching righty...I try to use my left arm as much as possible, but now I've been having the same issues there...

Sorry for the long story, but if injuries were lotteries I'd have a warehouse full of some badass trucks for sure!

Thanks for the well wishes man

Originally Posted by Sc00by
Damn man!!! sorry to hear that! When you get better this time take some time and start working out some. I know that time spent with your daughter is important to you so maybe you can include her with the work outs. Bike riding, jogging, heck....maybe try P90X or some sort of home work out routine. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Thanks Sc00by...I really need to start living a healthier life...quit smoking, eat right, exercise, I did for a while (quit smoking for almost a year once, and started eating right and exercising), and I felt pretty decent during that time. That is about the time that the right shoulder and elbow got out of hand though, but repetitive stress issues are inevitable sometimes, no matter how well you treat yourself.

On a last note ...

I had my pre-op testing done on Tues, and when I called the doctor's office back the next afternoon, they told me that my EKG (heart test) came back "abnormal and borderline" , and that I couldn't have the surgery unless my regular doctor cleared me first. So I hooked up with my doc today, and she did another EKG and a breathing test and they were both good. So my surgeon's office just has to fax her my blood work so that my doc can look at it, and sign off that I'm OK. Man, I just knew that there would be a problem with the pre-op testing, but the last place that I thought would come up weird would be the heart stuff as my ticker feels great these days! Probably a bad probe on the machine or something.

Last edited by budhayes3; 08-05-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
LOL, yea, she's been very patient, but very supportive...good girl for sure

Ha ha, hey, you never know! I've had problems with both shoulders and elbows, my lower back, and now my left knee is bothering me from walking funny due to the hernia. I've already had surgery on my right shoulder and elbow (at the same time actually), and the shoulder never healed right.

...My right elbow has been doing pretty good though, I get a little zing every so often, but as long as I don't beat on it too much (take that however you want ), it stays OK. The elbow was tendonitis from years of wrenching righty...I try to use my left arm as much as possible, but now I've been having the same issues there...

Sorry for the long story, but if injuries were lotteries I'd have a warehouse full of some badass trucks for sure!

...I really need to start living a healthier life...quit smoking, eat right, exercise, ... but repetitive stress issues are inevitable sometimes, no matter how well you treat yourself. ...
She can call me if she needs to...
I might need pics 1st.

Ya, that's it. It's from wrenching righty. Never heard of whackin it referred to that way.

The injuries were lotteries comment was great. But it stinks if, or in your case, you're 41 & a broken down beat up wreck.

Agreed on the repetitive stress injuries. Years ago, they've may've never called it that, but that's a term that could've most likely been applied many times to various people's injuries.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
She can call me if she needs to...
I might need pics 1st.

Ya, that's it. It's from wrenching righty. Never heard of whackin it referred to that way.

The injuries were lotteries comment was great. But it stinks if, or in your case, you're 41 & a broken down beat up wreck.

Agreed on the repetitive stress injuries. Years ago, they've may've never called it that, but that's a term that could've most likely been applied many times to various people's injuries.
LOL, remind me not to have Robin sitting next to me when I read your replies...she's feeling neglected and asking me what you look like, and how long a ride it is to Michigan

I'm only allowed another hr and 45min until I have to stop eating and drinking...funny, I'm not hungry now, but you know that from 12:01 on I'll be starving Gotta be at the hospital at 7:30am tomorrow, and the surgery is scheduled for 9:00...can't wait to get this **** over with
Old 08-08-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

From this

To this

but hey at least the second one will be faster with fewer mods..
Old 08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by skolman91
From this

To this

but hey at least the second one will be faster with fewer mods..
Oh **** man that was great! I like how the ride in the second pic is old school too...don't need no stinkin' cushions

Quick Reply: Damn It, Injured Yet Again!