THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Damn It, Injured Yet Again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, you guys crack me up Since I've been a member of this site, I've been injured and home from work many times (I'm a frickin trouble magnet), and as much as it sucks to be in pain and stuck on the couch or whatever, "hangin" with you guys really helps the healing process

Last night really sucked though...I started hurting and couldn't get comfortable anywhere. I pumped myself full of pain killers and still couldn't get comfortable (I have a very high tolerance for "meds" and stuff like that). I got up off the bed (Robin was sleeping next to me), and tried the couch, tried the chair in the kitchen, tried the reclining chair, nothing was working and I was getting pretty upset. Finally I got my keys and walked over to my Blazer, (which is parked in the street and needs a battery that I can't afford at the moment), unlocked the door and sat down in the driver seat...

ahhh, success! I reclined the seat a few clicks, positioned my ice pack, and finally passed out, at about 4:00am. Luckily it was kinda cool last night, as I couldn't roll the windows down since the battery was dead and I was in no shape to try and jump start the Blazer off of my mom's Solara or my truck. I woke up at about 6:00 and the sun was up...limped to the house and hit the couch and got another 2 or so hours of sleep and that was that.

I'm very psyched for tonight though...the ex is bringing Rosie over to see me, and she can't wait to see that her daddy's OK and that the doctor fixed me good I have a few surprises for her and dinner ready to go (actually have a few choices for her...fun food, pizza, Chinese, or Burger King mini burgers and chicken sticks, with her absolute favorite...ranch dressing )

At some point I'm going to hit a wall and pass out though...as I think I've mentioned before (can't remember a lot lately due to all of the chemicals running through my body), I always seem to get energized after surgery with anesthesia for whatever reason, and end up with sleeping problems for a few days. I think that I've had about 10 hours sleep in the past three days, between not being able to sleep from being nervous about the surgery, and now being jacked up from the aftereffects. Then I'll probably sleep for two days straight
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had surgery on my jaw I couldn't get comfortable. I am also the type that if I don't work, I can't sleep. The doctors tried all sorts of stuff, but I still didn't sleep. I spent 3 almost 4 weeks awake. It was pretty horrible.

I kept figuring I would eventually fall asleep, but never did. Finally when they cut my jaw loose, I just let it hang loose and went back to work. I figured with it hanging loose I wouldn't grit my teeth. Within a few days, I passed out and slept the best sleep of my life.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by cttandy
When I had surgery on my jaw I couldn't get comfortable. I am also the type that if I don't work, I can't sleep. The doctors tried all sorts of stuff, but I still didn't sleep. I spent 3 almost 4 weeks awake. It was pretty horrible.

I kept figuring I would eventually fall asleep, but never did. Finally when they cut my jaw loose, I just let it hang loose and went back to work. I figured with it hanging loose I wouldn't grit my teeth. Within a few days, I passed out and slept the best sleep of my life.
Wow Andy, sorry to hear that...I've learned that sleep deprivation is definitely not a good thing on many different levels. I can sleep when I'm not working, but it seems like I prefer to stay up late and sleep late, my whole pattern shifts...I'd probably make a good bartender due to the hours that I prefer lol

I think that I just have a reaction to the anesthesia that keeps me up...I know that a lot of people feel sick and nauseous and whatnot after anesthesia, but me, I wake up feeling great, aside from the pain from whatever I've just gotten fixed lol...I'm a wuss and don't do well with pain, but I react well to meds but have a high tolerance for them, and unfortunately the docs don't seem to understand that and don't give me enough or strong enough meds to control the pain and make me comfortable.

I'm hurtin today, but I can deal with it...I definitely feel a ton better than I did on Tues, so I can't complain
Old 08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
... I got up off the bed (Robin was sleeping next to me) ...
She was in the same bed?!? I think this has shocked me more than anything in this thread.

No pics, no proof!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
She was in the same bed?!? I think this has shocked me more than anything in this thread.

No pics, no proof!
What's wrong with sharing a bed with your lady? She sleeps over all of the time

*EDIT* BTW, if Robin and I are both in the bed, who's going to take the picture for proof? I don't think that my camera has a timer, and if it does, I don't know how to use it
Old 08-11-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Tom is a mormon and its against his religion to share a bed with women or have fast vehicles..
Old 08-11-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*EDIT* BTW, if Robin and I are both in the bed, who's going to take the picture for proof? I don't think that my camera has a timer, and if it does, I don't know how to use it
Nothin BH3.

U caught that. I'll make it easy. I'll come out to NJ since your outta commission til 25th. U can take a pic of us.

And u can see if it has a timer if ya want, I'll be busy.

Wrong Mike. On both.

I just wasn't sure if he was (still) into chics.

Aren't I faster anyway?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Nothin BH3.

U caught that. I'll make it easy. I'll come out to NJ since your outta commission til 25th. U can take a pic of us.

And u can see if it has a timer if ya want, I'll be busy.

Wrong Mike. On both.

I just wasn't sure if he was (still) into chics.

Aren't I faster anyway?
Tom, you can't afford the gas to make it from Michigan to Jersey while you're getting 10mpg not to mention, you'll have to extend your vacation time a few extra days to account for how long it takes to fill your truck...as the gas nozzle goes "click...off", "click...off", "click...off"...

Put your damn vent valve in already and get that tune straight!!!! Put in your plugs and O2's too while you're at it!

Speaking of slow trucks...took mine for a little ride today to make sure that it still works...all is well. Went and got gas, smokes, Dunkin Donuts coffee, and a quick run through the car wash...picking up Rosie tomorrow and she's staying with me until the 22nd, so all is right with the world. Might be tough getting online when my little girl's around, as I'm sure you guys who know me, know that my little princess demands 110% of my attention, and gets pissed when I mess around on the computer...we'll see Although she will be at daycare during the day
Old 08-12-2011, 07:00 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

**** man, I'm taking a page out of Andy's book now...so sore that I only slept from about 1:00am to 3:00am last night Seems to be healing well on the outside though, hope all is well on the inside, but I'm sure that if something were off my body would let me know
Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that's good, because I think I am taking a page from your book. Last weekend when I went to sleep, I had bad pain down my stomach, beside my belly button, straight down beside man land. I figure I just pulled something. Yesterday, I picked up a transmission off the truck and set it on the floor. Next thing, I feel like I have been kicked in the *****. Last night I was real slow moving and walking.

It seems to have eased off today. I am going to take it really easy and see if it doesn't heal up on its own. There is no bulge or swollen spots, so I don't think I have a hernia.

Quick Reply: Damn It, Injured Yet Again!