THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Damn It, Injured Yet Again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Billy, you have some bad luck. Good to hear the surgery went well. What injury will you try next? I have a sore shoulder from running my angle grinder on a sanding project. Just getting too old, I guess. Try to stay well.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
Well, that's good, because I think I am taking a page from your book. Last weekend when I went to sleep, I had bad pain down my stomach, beside my belly button, straight down beside man land. I figure I just pulled something. Yesterday, I picked up a transmission off the truck and set it on the floor. Next thing, I feel like I have been kicked in the *****. Last night I was real slow moving and walking.

It seems to have eased off today. I am going to take it really easy and see if it doesn't heal up on its own. There is no bulge or swollen spots, so I don't think I have a hernia.
I hope you're OK Andy, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I didn't have any bulge or swollen parts with my hernia, which is an "Inguinal" hernia, so don't use that as a diagnosis. Have the doc check it out, they found mine as soon as I got groped and asked to cough, at which point the doc quickly said "yep, you have a hernia and need surgery". I'll keep my fingers crossed that you just pulled a muscle or something.

Originally Posted by straped for cash
Hey Billy, you have some bad luck. Good to hear the surgery went well. What injury will you try next? I have a sore shoulder from running my angle grinder on a sanding project. Just getting too old, I guess. Try to stay well.
Hey Peter, great to hear from you brother! Not sure which injury to go with the next time around lol, still trying to get past this one first Put some ice on that shoulder and take some Naproxen Sodium (Aleve, but go for the generic stuff, it's the same exact ****) to help with the inflammation, and hopefully that will work if the shoulder's actually just inflamed and irritated (lol, listen to me, Dr. BudHayes3 lol). You try to stay healthy too my friend
Old 08-13-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I hope you're OK Andy, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I didn't have any bulge or swollen parts with my hernia, which is an "Inguinal" hernia, so don't use that as a diagnosis. Have the doc check it out, they found mine as soon as I got groped and asked to cough, at which point the doc quickly said "yep, you have a hernia and need surgery". I'll keep my fingers crossed that you just pulled a muscle or something.

Well, that is bad news. As long as I stand and walk, I am fine. When I sit down at the end of the day, it feels like someone beat my groin with a bat all day.

Don't know what will happen if you don't get it fixed, but guess I will find out. I am totally broke with no insurance.

Edit: after doing some more research, the pain is in the wrong area. Everything points to pulled stomach muscle. Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited by cttandy; 08-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:25 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
Well, that is bad news. As long as I stand and walk, I am fine. When I sit down at the end of the day, it feels like someone beat my groin with a bat all day.

Don't know what will happen if you don't get it fixed, but guess I will find out. I am totally broke with no insurance.

Edit: after doing some more research, the pain is in the wrong area. Everything points to pulled stomach muscle. Time will tell I suppose.

Hopefully it's just a pulled muscle...with mine, it felt best when I was laying down flat on my back, but standing and walking was/is very uncomfortable/painful. Coughing, sneezing, or pushing while on the toilet increased the pain immensely.