THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

a day with my wife at walmart.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
ahh get two!

Plasmas are lighter!
according to dan i should be able to get at least 4
Old 04-01-2008, 01:05 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My favorite is Fry's Electronics....when you return something and tell them it's defective, they put it back on the shelf to sell again. I returned something that was DOA when I got it home, and after the guy finished all the crap in his system he dropped it in the big box labeled "re-stock" or something like that. I think I have about a 60% success rate with electronic equipment from Fry's.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Quote of the Day!

Uh, confession is in the little room off to the right...

haha its not my fault the scope messed up... i had the reciept and everything.. and i even told them it was broken... exchanged for new one and i was on my way....
Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by thunder550
My favorite is Fry's Electronics....when you return something and tell them it's defective, they put it back on the shelf to sell again. I returned something that was DOA when I got it home, and after the guy finished all the crap in his system he dropped it in the big box labeled "re-stock" or something like that. I think I have about a 60% success rate with electronic equipment from Fry's.
yeah i had an asus maximus frmula motherboard i got from there that had one of there famouse orange open box reduced price stickers... i asked and they had put all new plastic around it and everything.... i asked if it had been used.. he said no they customer had just taken it and when got home realized it wouldnt work with what he had....

well i gt home and it had articsilver5 on the cpu pins...

cleaned it up just to find out the board had been obviously modified... someone performed a pencil vdroop mod... and fried the board....

they just stuck it back on the shelf when i returned it....

so i talked to a manager nd they pulled it and stuck it "in the back" but im betting once i left it went right back out on the shelf
Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

**** Walmart. Last year after black friday I went to legitamitely exchange a 26" tv that was still factory sealed in the box for a bigger 32". You would have thought I was trying to rape them. They didn't want to do it even though I had the receipt and the 32" cost $200 more. Finally after 15-20 minutes told them to just refund my money for the 26" and I would go buy the 32" somewhere else. They exchanged it but weren't happy about it.
A week or so later, they refused to price match an item at another store that was sold out, so I just left the basket full of stuff that I was going to buy at the checkout and walked out. I don't think I've spent more than $5 since at Walmart and that's only because the were the only store open at 5am.

I do have my old 32" tv box and some plywood out in the shop though....maybe it's time for another visit.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
I lost count but that's reason number something why I ******* hate people in general
Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:44 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunder550
I go to Frys....and Walmart to gain self respect.

When i visit these places it confirms my suspicions that i am not as.......... __________...... as a lot of other people.
(^put adjective here^)
Old 04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
according to dan i should be able to get at least 4
My thoughts exactly.

The walmart around here checks the boxes to make sure everything is in it. My parents did buy my brother WoW and didn't realize it was a pay to play game. He installed it and used the trial. Since Walmart won't take back games if its open i just Taped the box back up and took it to a different walmart. They checked to see if the seal was broken and refunded the money.

Everything was there tho.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, happens in masses. Why do you think that 500 dollar tv costs 2800, they restocked and claimed the others on insurance. If you were allowed to carry concealed weapons that **** would happen less (the pickup running off)