THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

did you see it, did you read it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If people are concerned that kids are going to see him smoking and then go smoke, then the parents are to blame, not phelps. If your kids are stupid enough to go do drugs just cuz they saw someone famous doing it then you need to re-evaluate your parenting techniques.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PappyDan
that is a really good question.
pepsi cared.
kellogs cared.
after i turned 20 and failed a **** test for a new job, yep brown and root cared enough to inform me i was not going to be working for them.
man being 20 slinging pizza for minumim wage so i can enjoy my weed
or cut out the weed and get paid 20 a hour and bringing home a real paycheck.
did not take long i started to care too, had money, moved in to my own place closer to work, went out on the weekends, better cloths, new ride.
after 6 months i went back to where i use to stay, visit my friends.
my god what a dump, the smell, flithy, living like a damn peace of white trash.

my 2 favorite drugs was opium and hash oil.
a bag of weed was always around, but lace a pack of cigs with hash oil, or dig in to a bag of tobacco and load up the bong with a mix of tobacco and opium, **** i was laid out.
first time i did cocaine i walked around with a hard on for 2 days, that **** jacks you up too much.

being a formor drug user, do i want drugs to be legal.
HELL ****** NO, IS YOUR HEAD UP YOUR *** OR SOMETHING.
Those are not really people, those are corporations run by groups of people making decisions based on what they think the masses will accept or not accept. Its about selling the most crap not what is right or wrong.

Taking and abusing drugs starts as a choice, some people do not have the will power to stop taking said drugs whether they are illegal or not.
Did the fact that the drugs were illegal stop you from taking or abusing the drugs??
I have tried lots of ****, never was my thing to get hooked and blow all my hard earned money on stupid **** that would eventually wind me up dead or broke.
Hell if you want all drugs to be illegal start with the worst one of all, ALCHOHOL!! The **** kills you slower than anything out there!!
Its a fact that can't OD on weed unless you asphyxiate yourself from inhaling no oxygen!
Name another narcotic that you can't OD on, please!
Some people should never touch any drugs period because of other issues they have, like obsessive compulsive disorders, mental illness, brain damage or just plain old stupid!

I think you may have misunderstood what I was stating, and for the record, my head is all the way out of my ***!! LOL
Old 02-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youtube Subscription I check out often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibiYU...296&feature=iv

Basically, his Phelps comment is dead on to me.
Also NSFW
Old 02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE WHO SMOKES WEED BESIDE DORKS WHO HAVE NEVER SMOKED WEED???
I've never smoked "weed" and could care less. I do think MP didn't consider the inpact of his decision...he has an unwritten rep to live up to in the public's eye, he failed.

The only reason it's not legal is because anyone can grow it and then it can't be taxed!!
False. It is all about the safety, efficacy and delivery method. How would you "take" pot in a public place without impacting the others that do not wish to partake (such as drinking alcohol which is contained)? Compare that to ANY legal pharmaceutical, including opiates. Where is the infrastructure to support contamination (lacing) of the product? Where are the precautions for fetal harm? The list is endless and will be debated for a long time. AND no, we are not talking about medical pot (that has a whole book of restrictions). Why do you think public tobacco smoking was banned in many places?

Those are not really people, those are corporations run by groups of people making decisions based on what they think the masses will accept or not accept. Its about selling the most crap not what is right or wrong.
Hmmm, I am a little offended by that. I am a plant manager for a pharmaceutical company and my NUMBER ONE PRIORITY is safety of my employees and customers. Believe it or not, profitability is way down on the list, always has been. Yes there are a few bad seeds out there however their time is limited.

Name another narcotic that you can't OD on, please!
Uhhh, marijuana is not a NARCOTIC hence the lesser fines when arrested with it. Marijuana does not chemically function pharmacologically as a narcotic and therefore cannot be compared. Apples and Oranges here. Cocaine is also not a Narcotic chemically speaking since it is a central nervous system stimulant however is now on the narcotics list (U.S. Controlled Substances Act) due to its detrimental effects. So that being said, comparing two "Non Narcotics" such as Marijuana and say LSD would be more appropriate.

Personally, I feel that society should be moving away from all these things instead of embracing them....but to contradict that, it is your body, and as long as it doesnt negatively impact anyone non-willing to partake then go right ahead.

My kids will be informed of the dangers and the vision I have for them and I hope their judgement will be like mine was.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krambo
False. It is all about the safety, efficacy and delivery method. How would you "take" pot in a public place without impacting the others that do not wish to partake (such as drinking alcohol which is contained)? Compare that to ANY legal pharmaceutical, including opiates. Where is the infrastructure to support contamination (lacing) of the product? Where are the precautions for fetal harm? The list is endless and will be debated for a long time. AND no, we are not talking about medical pot (that has a whole book of restrictions). Why do you think public tobacco smoking was banned in many places?
You kind of answered your own question about this Kevin...If your not allowed to smoke tobacco in public place why would they allow marijuana smoking? As for lacing prevention I'm sure if ever allowed to be legalized it would be taking over by the same organizations that regulate tobacco to help prevent this but of course I believe no doubt that if legal there will still be sellers on the street that can get it to ya a little cheaper than the local gas station and that can not be regulated of course but not illegal either because 420 is now legal so I some what agree woth your agruement here...

To each their own about this..I for one don't smoke cigaretts, drink alcohol, or smoke weed anymore..I quite all years ago but will say this...I quit drinking to smoke weed because IMO it was far better than drinking..get a group of drunks together and see what happens while get a group of stoners and the only issue that arises is running out of cheetos..lol but like you I raise my child to do the right thing and think about the consiquences of what ever descicions she makes.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

i hope they never make weed legal. look at the stoner in the world and how they act. if it was made legal there would be alteast double the stoners out there. im sorry but i dont want to live in a place filled with stoner. all the stoners i know are a waste. they do nothing because they are stoned. then when they are not stoned they are bored, so smoking weed is what they do. go get a hobby!!! play golf, ride a bike, wrench on something, teach a kid something useful. go fishing, hunting, go the human suciety and take a dog for a walk.

two of my best friends are stoners, they drive POS unreliable cars, are always broke, have no drive to do anything but play video games and smoke weed. both want to get into trucks and 4 wheelers but say they dont have enough money. they make just as much as me, but look at me, just bought a house, OWN my truck, my 06 450R, go on vacations. pay for hte updates to my house. and go do stuff. they never understand how i afford some much stuff. well if they would listen to me they would know. QUIT SMOKING THE WEED and find something better to do with your time.

rant off!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
i hope they never make weed legal. look at the stoner in the world and how they act. if it was made legal there would be alteast double the stoners out there. im sorry but i dont want to live in a place filled with stoner. all the stoners i know are a waste. they do nothing because they are stoned. then when they are not stoned they are bored, so smoking weed is what they do. go get a hobby!!! play golf, ride a bike, wrench on something, teach a kid something useful. go fishing, hunting, go the human suciety and take a dog for a walk.

two of my best friends are stoners, they drive POS unreliable cars, are always broke, have no drive to do anything but play video games and smoke weed. both want to get into trucks and 4 wheelers but say they dont have enough money. they make just as much as me, but look at me, just bought a house, OWN my truck, my 06 450R, go on vacations. pay for hte updates to my house. and go do stuff. they never understand how i afford some much stuff. well if they would listen to me they would know. QUIT SMOKING THE WEED and find something better to do with your time.

rant off!
i must agree the stoners i knew were the same and they just pissed me off with their laziness and lack of motivation
Old 02-07-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance

rant off!
Drunks are so much better right? No difference and you cant classify all drinkers as drunks just as you can not classify all weed smokers as lazy stoners.....Of course there are always the ones who abuse any type of drug whether it be alcohol or weed...doesnt matter but to classify all as the same is just plain wrong.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know some alcoholics that are just "drunks" too, but "pot" is an illegal drug.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brobradh77
Drunks are so much better right? No difference and you cant classify all drinkers as drunks just as you can not classify all weed smokers as lazy stoners.....Of course there are always the ones who abuse any type of drug whether it be alcohol or weed...doesnt matter but to classify all as the same is just plain wrong.
hell lets just keep adding wood to that fire. lets legalize it so two wrongs make a right!!!

did is ever say that all people that smoked pot were stoners??

Quick Reply: did you see it, did you read it?