THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

did you see it, did you read it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
hell lets just keep adding wood to that fire. lets legalize it so two wrongs make a right!!!

did is ever say that all people that smoked pot were stoners??
I guess I cant read becuase you used the wordd stoner to describe weed smokers you knew 5 times in that paragraph i quoted..

I dont condone either but the only fight people have against weed vs. alcohol is what was just mentioned..Alcohol isnt illegal ONCE your of legal age..

I think its funny how because people like to drink that it is acceptable because they are the majority versus those who smoke weed and therefore there is no problem with drinking while weed is taboo.

personally I think the dangers of drinking far out way the dangers of smoking weed but thats my opinion.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brobradh77
I guess I cant read becuase you used the word stoner to describe weed smokers you knew 5 times in that paragraph i quoted..

I dont condone either but the only fight people have against weed vs. alcohol is what was just mentioned..Alcohol isnt illegal ONCE your of legal age..

I think its funny how because people like to drink that it is acceptable because they are the majority versus those who smoke weed and therefore there is no problem with drinking while weed is taboo.

personally I think the dangers of drinking far out way the dangers of smoking weed but thats my opinion.
yes you are right. i did use stoner to describe people I know. these are two of my best friends and some are just friends. would i ever stop being friends with them? no because they are still great friends. lazy and a waste but still good friends. are they stoners YES. is everyone that smokes weed a stoner NO. just like not everyone that drinks is a alcoholic.

i wonder what would have happened if MP would have got busted for drinking and driving? would he still have sponserships revoked? probably. he is a role model, and he did something that is unacceptable for a man in his position. do i personally think that he is a bad person, NO.

as far as drinking yes i do think it can be more dangerous then smoking weed. both are bad, but one is legal and one is not. both are addicting. i dont think that just because drinking is bad and legal that we should legalize weed.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
yes you are right. i did use stoner to describe people I know. these are two of my best friends and some are just friends. would i ever stop being friends with them? no because they are still great friends. lazy and a waste but still good friends. are they stoners YES. is everyone that smokes weed a stoner NO. just like not everyone that drinks is a alcoholic.

i wonder what would have happened if MP would have got busted for drinking and driving? would he still have sponserships revoked? probably. he is a role model, and he did something that is unacceptable for a man in his position. do i personally think that he is a bad person, NO.

as far as drinking yes i do think it can be more dangerous then smoking weed. both are bad, but one is legal and one is not. both are addicting. i dont think that just because drinking is bad and legal that we should legalize weed.
The stoner thing is cool..I read your paragraph as kind of grouping everyone who smokes weed together...

I didnt reply to this thread to start a leagalize weed arguement..I just feel from my eprsonal experience that IMO it is far less destructive of a drug vs. alcohol..shoud it be legalized? I dunno..honestly most cops i have talked to have said weed isnt a problem and around here a ticket for possesion is cheaper than a Minor in possesion of alcohol...My main arguement is whther its right or wrong..Its the hypocritical nature of people about it for example my sister....She dumped a great guy because he liked to smoke a joint on occasion..he worked and was an honor student but she said it was illegal and he needs to stop <-- this statement comes from a 18 year old girl who drinks alcohol before the legal drinking age..so the hypocritical part is what she was doing is just as illegal as what he was doing if not worse judging by the fines for each offense. But society seems to accept minors getting drunk just soley because you can buy it at a store even if illiegally sold to minors.

Thats my main arguement..as for Phelps I believe he screwed up big time just because of who he was as a role model for kids..he especially needed to walk the tight rope for personal behavior
Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I hate my cats

Here's my opinion. Personally, I don't smoke weed, cause it makes people dumb, and I never thought things would be better if I was dumber. Maybe it's fun sometimes, I dunno, but it never seemed appealing to me. I had some fun getting drunk, but when it turned me into an ******* everytime I did it, and when it got to the point that drinking any amount that was enough to give me a buzz guaranteed a hangover, I quit that too.

If someone wants to smoke some homegrown weed every now and then, whatever. But if they're buying it from a dealer, I don't like that. Most of the dealers I know are selling to pay for their coke habit or to "put in work" for their gang. So you never know who got shot, or which kid got beat up, or which toddler is growing up around guns and criminals for that bag of weed you bought to relax on the weekend.

Mike Phelps is a ******* DIPSHIT. Ya, dude can swim. So what. What is that accomplishing for anyone? What did that do other than make him a face to put on a cereal box? If he was gonna get rich by inventing something rad that helps everyone, awesome. But he didn't, he swims in a pool faster than other people swim in a pool. So what kinda moron is he to get high in front of people he obviously couldn't 100% trust? Did he forget about cell phone cameras and Facebook? What kind of late teen, early 20s girl isn't gonna take a thousand pictures of people getting wasted and post them all up for the world to see on Facebook or Myspace once she wakes up the next day? So Mike Phelps had to train all his life to make the money he made, but the person who took that picture only had to pull out their camera. Good for them!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by krambo
I've never smoked "weed" and could care less. I do think MP didn't consider the inpact of his decision...he has an unwritten rep to live up to in the public's eye, he failed.

False. It is all about the safety, efficacy and delivery method. How would you "take" pot in a public place without impacting the others that do not wish to partake (such as drinking alcohol which is contained)? Compare that to ANY legal pharmaceutical, including opiates. Where is the infrastructure to support contamination (lacing) of the product? Where are the precautions for fetal harm? The list is endless and will be debated for a long time. AND no, we are not talking about medical pot (that has a whole book of restrictions). Why do you think public tobacco smoking was banned in many places?

Hmmm, I am a little offended by that. I am a plant manager for a pharmaceutical company and my NUMBER ONE PRIORITY is safety of my employees and customers. Believe it or not, profitability is way down on the list, always has been. Yes there are a few bad seeds out there however their time is limited.

Uhhh, marijuana is not a NARCOTIC hence the lesser fines when arrested with it. Marijuana does not chemically function pharmacologically as a narcotic and therefore cannot be compared. Apples and Oranges here. Cocaine is also not a Narcotic chemically speaking since it is a central nervous system stimulant however is now on the narcotics list (U.S. Controlled Substances Act) due to its detrimental effects. So that being said, comparing two "Non Narcotics" such as Marijuana and say LSD would be more appropriate.

Personally, I feel that society should be moving away from all these things instead of embracing them....but to contradict that, it is your body, and as long as it doesnt negatively impact anyone non-willing to partake then go right ahead.

My kids will be informed of the dangers and the vision I have for them and I hope their judgement will be like mine was.
I guess I stand corrected.
What in part I was trying to get to is to each his own, but what ever, blow it into whatever ya want I guess, no reason to get offended, none of it was ACTUALLY directed at you.
So pot is not a narcotic, i don't have a degree in drug terminology but maybe you do. Did you get what i was actually saying before your massive intellect kicked in to correct me? I said name another"drug" you cant OD on.
Please school me now on what "drugs" are and what classification all of them fit so i can be more informed on my next post about something of this nature.
Maybe I should scroll through all your posts and see if you have made any references to CNC Machining, or casting processes, or metallurgy and critique ever letter whether it was a general statement or not.
I don't think at any point I made any type of statement as being an expert on drugs??

Last edited by TG02Z71; 02-08-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...=2009902130332

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, a former narcotics investigator, said after the photo was published that his office would investigate and that Phelps could be charged. Lott was out of town Thursday and couldn't be reached for comment.
Harpootlian said his client, whom he declined to name, used to live at the house where the party occurred and attended the party but moved to Lake Murray in December.
His client was arrested after 12 deputies arrived at his residence with guns drawn, Harpootlian said. His client's girlfriend was given a summons, and his client was arrested and questioned, he said. The basis of the search warrant, he said, was finding tobacco in his trash, a possible indicator of using a cigar shell to hold marijuana.
Harpootlian said he knows of no evidence the Sheriff's Office has that can convict Phelps. He said the larger point is why they are using their resources for an investigation into a misdemeanor for someone who lives out of state.
Those 12 deputies need to be out dealing with rapists and murderers
Instead of catering to the ignorant people's celebrity worship. In addition catering to the ignorant use of government police powers to control anothers behavior when it doesnt affect them in the least.

A warrant issued for tobacco in the trash?
4th ammendment anyone????????

Another thing what happend to innocent until proven guilty?

The war on drugs does not work and will never work.
But yet we are all forced to fund it.
Billions of dollars has been apprpriated to the DHS for a fence to stop or slow much of it coming across our southern border only for nothing to be done.
And then we fund 12 deputies to arrest a man at gunpoint because of tobacco in the trash and MP being a celebrity?

I think its kinda stupid