THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ever been scammed through PayPal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scam lol get us more details
Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's pretty good, having $130,000 worth of scammers checks is hilarious! I never click on links in emails that take me to sites I'm already on for the exact reason you say, I just open another tab and click on my quicklinks and go in the sites that way but I didn't think of them using paypal this way. Good looking out!

Now for the fun!
The sad part is that I call the bank that the checks are drawn against and they don't care. They just note it in their computer to hold all funds for a longer period of time for the transaction on that account.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chevrolade
Scam lol get us more details
I can do that!!

So here's the next evolution of the conversation!

"Hello, just want you to know that i got your paypal payment request now but i had a little problem, my pick up agent said they won't come and pick up the Bike unless i pay him the agent commission fee first in order to be able to schedule a pick up time and date and my pick up agent Headquarters is in the United Kingdom and all commission payments made for pick up from anywhere in the world is sent to their Headquarters in the United Kingdom and the only form of payments they accept is western union money transfer and i tried to pay online but it requires a credit card to make the transfer online which i don't have access to and there is no post office on here. So i will include the $750.00 they charged to pick it up and take it my home (1st class treatment), to the payment i will send to you. Which means i will send the total sum of $6.450 00 I will need you to help me send the $750.00 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer, the western union money transfer can be made at a post office near to you, there is always a western union agent in most post offices or online at www.westernunion.com . I will be making the payment shortly and will email you as soon as it has been done.

so am sending you now $6,450.00...
you will send $750 to the pickup agent
i know you will be charge $100"

Followed up with this email...

"Payment completed
Please check your PayPal email for confirmation as you should have received notification from them.
i have sending you $6,450.00...
you will send $650 to the pickup agent
i know you will be charge $100
ALEX"

Of course I got two Bogus Paypal emails sent to me. I forwarded them to PayPal's fraud department. Curious as to how I can make this scammer's life miserable. Any ideas?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Look up the name David Thorne, I am sure some of his emails will give you some ideas...
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got scammed a few months ago by "ALEX" and have his address! It has to be the same guy as he sounded exactly the same..He bought a Ipad from MY Paypal account using MY Credit Card. Its a long story but basically Alex signed into my Ebay and Then bought a Ipad using My PP. I first saw in my Messages that The seller said "thanks for thr fast payment, I will ship out asap" and replied asking " why are you sending this to me?...And then it unraveled..

Sooo, Check this out, I googled the name/address he used to ship the Ipad to which was in LA..and found this crazy russian scam site..Tried calling the cops but NO ONE gave a ****

Check out the scammers website below..Use google translate..
Варианты работы

and his Russsian "Facebook"
Alexey Porshnev

I had all this info, and no one would help, so I called the number (blocked my phone)on the website and left some "nice" messages. HE CALLED ME the next day at work on my cell using the number I have listed on Paypal tell me he is happy he scammed me (IN a broken *** russian accent..real bad!)

It has to be ther same guy as he used Paypal and we live pretty close to each other

Alexey Porshnev
6552 Dashwood st.
Lakewood, CA, 90713
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Look up the name David Thorne, I am sure some of his emails will give you some ideas...
Haha that guy is great. If you're ever bored, his site is a good time killer.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy hell! Scammers suck ***!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with past comments def a scam hands down. Seen too many emails like this and on the top of the page when submitting your for sale ad on Craigslist it says not to release your PayPal or avoid sending money to foreign countries something like that

Regardless I hope you take "Alex" for all he's worth!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Never been scammed but have had people try. I usually screw with them for as long as they let me. I had one guy going back and forth through emails for 3 days.

If bored... I was quite proud for how long I strung him along
A little fun with a Craiglist Scammer... : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum
Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
I just got scammed a few months ago by "ALEX" and have his address! It has to be the same guy as he sounded exactly the same..He bought a Ipad from MY Paypal account using MY Credit Card. Its a long story but basically Alex signed into my Ebay and Then bought a Ipad using My PP. I first saw in my Messages that The seller said "thanks for thr fast payment, I will ship out asap" and replied asking " why are you sending this to me?...And then it unraveled..

Sooo, Check this out, I googled the name/address he used to ship the Ipad to which was in LA..and found this crazy russian scam site..Tried calling the cops but NO ONE gave a ****

Check out the scammers website below..Use google translate..
Варианты работы

and his Russsian "Facebook"
Alexey Porshnev

I had all this info, and no one would help, so I called the number (blocked my phone)on the website and left some "nice" messages. HE CALLED ME the next day at work on my cell using the number I have listed on Paypal tell me he is happy he scammed me (IN a broken *** russian accent..real bad!)

It has to be ther same guy as he used Paypal and we live pretty close to each other

Alexey Porshnev
6552 Dashwood st.
Lakewood, CA, 90713
What Deusch... I hope some one Gives him what he deserves...

Quick Reply: Ever been scammed through PayPal?