THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Eye candy...of a different kind

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this!

Simple.

Complex, even if it's not on a RR car.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ummmm, I've seen better than that...just look at the work on these arms!

*EDIT* old pic, had my wedding ring on...
Old 05-02-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Piston tat is my fav. Simply awesome!

Ya, I noticed the ring too. See, u look like a musician, just like it looks like I have a fast truck. Or will be a lil faster soon.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tom...yea, I've always sorta emulated that sorta "rocker" look...it fits I guess...

Here's another shot of the piston tat for ya Tom...right inner forearm (I had to look to see where it was lol)

Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fastnblu
(Vince @ FLT)You know I can totally picture Billy playing the axe but Tom I would never have thought that you are into this stuff.(Vince @ FLT)

That's cause Billy looks like a NJ rail car w/. graffiti. :
Originally Posted by budhayes3
That's about the funniest thing that I've ever heard, I just pissed my pants!
That is pretty funny view. However two guys I work with have some ink and a bunch of my old friends are covered with it. My bother in law has quite a bit (good size dude works in a prison)and my sis has a few she's been hiding from Dad for a few years. It is what it is. I guess it's a don't judge a book by it's cover kind of thing. I know a lot of people the resemble that NJ rail car w/. graffiti, most of them, I would not trade for nothing. That was a good one BTW!

An action shot would be great Vince! Gotta love pics of the kids making music, that's as good as it gets IMO. Rosie is definitely "interested" in the guitar, as we have an acoustic in our living room, but she actually strikes me as more of a drummer really...kind of a bull in a China shop. She has messed around with the guitar as much as a 3 1/2 year old girl can, but really seemed to do well when she sat behind her uncle's drum set (my future ex-brother-in-law is a phenomenal drummer, he is absolutely the best drummer that I've ever played with...hope to keep that friendship alive)....

There was some movie about or called "August Rush" where a little boy layed the guitar down and played it by tapping on it I believe...Rosie likes to re-enact that by taking our acoustic and beating the **** out of it!

That's good stuff Billy. I always show the the wify your pic's of Rosie and some others you have shared. I can totally picture it! Love the bull in the china shop image! I appreciate the pic's you and others share with us. Kid pic's are some of my favorites and it's great to see a kid having fun. Got to love kids for what they are!(insert bull in the china shop image here)

Vince, looks can be deceiving. Wait til my next pic whoring session. It'll be soon, I was just waitin on my L7. Quiet Reaper.
Well lets get it done! I have been reading your recent posts so I assume that should happen in the next week or so. Looking forward to it. I like seeing you guys post pic's of my stuff. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling to see you guys happy!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is simply AWESOME!!!

man you fella's have some nice equipment
Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 PM
11 Second Truck Club

A most thorough reply. Thanks a bunch.
I've played me Dbl Cutaway very little, & yet I believe it's the pot that went out. Like said, I've much to learn. Anyway, it'll play, then I hit treble switch, & IIRC, sound dimishes from when new or it did somethin funny. Pop or static maybe, I need to pull it out again to descibe better. All I know is, it's not right & had a short service life.

I think I have the 490T & 498T pickups in my DC, sound right?

So my thought on chambered is correct. Old school are hefty, hence no chambers.

Everyone wants old school sounds w/. today's reliability. So they go seek old guitars, amps & wah-wahs.

I'd love to learn some more, maybe we can talk sometime on some of this stuff. I appreciate what I've learned thus far, u have a way to explain to common folk like me w/o losing me.

I gotta turn in.
no problem man! I like to share what I have learned over the years. as a hobbiest I can play with different things to get different sounds unlike a pro that has to have his rig up and running at all times. my guitar luthier is a reginal (southern) rep for paul reed smith, and has been working with guitars and playing in bands since the 70's maybe 60's. he knows **** about anything in the guitar industry. he knows the names of the guys who made the first PAF gibson pickups, and the name of the guy who owns the machines that wound the pickups now, and how he aquired them. lol dude if full of info. I have never just asked him a quick question. i taked to him for about 2 hours one time about 80's japan guitars, and why the sound so good.

the pickups in your double sounds right. ceramic pickups, that a very hot. also used in SG's and belive it or not CUSTOMS. I would love to own a custom. I will through up some pics of my strat and the walden next post.

An action shot would be great Vince! Gotta love pics of the kids making music, that's as good as it gets IMO. Rosie is definitely "interested" in the guitar, as we have an acoustic in our living room, but she actually strikes me as more of a drummer really...kind of a bull in a China shop. She has messed around with the guitar as much as a 3 1/2 year old girl can, but really seemed to do well when she sat behind her uncle's drum set (my future ex-brother-in-law is a phenomenal drummer, he is absolutely the best drummer that I've ever played with...hope to keep that friendship alive)....

There was some movie about or called "August Rush" where a little boy layed the guitar down and played it by tapping on it I believe...Rosie likes to re-enact that by taking our acoustic and beating the **** out of it!
thats awesome man, start them young. it keeps them out of trouble when they get older too.

Thanks Tom...yea, I've always sorta emulated that sorta "rocker" look...it fits I guess...

Here's another shot of the piston tat for ya Tom...right inner forearm (I had to look to see where it was lol)

dood nice tat! that sucker looks pissed! ha ha
Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 PM
11 Second Truck Club

here's more pics, strat with a 57' reissue bridge(A must upgrade!), rio grande mue grande pickups, camel bone nut, jumbo fret job, and a lucky find vintage 70's pickgaurd that is new old stock. oh and the last pic of the serial number is a fender flaw. they put a 1999 number with a 1990 prefix. kinda rare.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastrt
no problem man! I like to share what I have learned over the years. as a hobbiest I can play with different things to get different sounds unlike a pro that has to have his rig up and running at all times. my guitar luthier is a reginal (southern) rep for paul reed smith, and has been working with guitars and playing in bands since the 70's maybe 60's.

the pickups in your double sounds right. ceramic pickups, that a very hot. also used in SG's and belive it or not CUSTOMS. I would love to own a custom. I will through up some pics of my strat and the walden next post.
Bruce, here I thought some would be cause the pics would load so slow if they didn't have cable i-net. zi tried to make enjoyable w/. many views. Some things have to be seen in person, cause the tops are phenomenol, better than pics appear.

fast rt, PRS is the only Electric I may still add to the pile 1 day. SO much $, but oh so sweet. Blends Fender & Gibson tones. Your avatar finally made sense sometime last night, duh! About truck guys like u into guitars.

I tried to get something different / unique on every guitar, even if I might not know how to get those sounds out yet. It's why I have LP DC, the Lone Star Strat is designed to be a Fender but w/. humbucker Gibby sound. Tele. And so on.
That serial # makes it neat fo sho.

The things these guys come up w/. now.
IDK if ya noticed the Strat LE (it's the lighter blue matching headstk 1), but it has the S1 switching. The have more tech ideas like this all the time. So many cool ideas, so many cool axes, how can u pick just 1? I know I can't.

Last edited by fastnblu; 05-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM
11 Second Truck Club

and the walden, solid wood no laminate. cedar top, and african mahogany sides back and neck. nitro finish. case is very nice too! it looks like a $300 case real leather. inlays are real wood too, no plastics. here's the website.

http://www.waldenguitars.com/G2070.html

Quick Reply: Eye candy...of a different kind