THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Eye candy...of a different kind

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:37 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Bruce, here I thought some would be cause the pics would load so slow if they didn't have cable i-net. zi tried to make enjoyable w/. many views. Some things have to be seen in person, cause the tops are phenomenol, better than pics appear.

fast rt, PRS is the only Electric I may still add to the pile 1 day. SO much $, but oh so sweet. Blends Fender & Gibson tones.

The things these guys come up w/. now.
i am sorry to the dial up guys too. I love to share pics of gear!

did you know that Buddy Guy now plays PRS? cant belive that a strat guy like him would go to PRS. the PRS line is top of the mountain, but I can't seem to find one I like without modding it. The next guitar for me is a gretsch hollow body like brian stray cat sound. big and open.
your s1 strat is very cool with the matching head stock. i have played one or two at GC and I like the sound right out of the box! tele's are cool to, but I have to budget the guitar and truck hobbys. lol
Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Buddy Guy left Fender?!? Wow! Just wow. When did that happen? He was always Fender, heck they even have (or had, now) a BG sign. model.

Oops, I forgot, I told ya who I'd get an acoustic from. Taylor (U.S) or Martin.
The Rickenbacker 360 like Petty has (those same colors too) has a unique look.

But, if I stop, that's fine. If acoustic is added, that's cool too. The PRS is just... So it may be #7 one day, no not the hi end. But PRS turns out lower end U.S. models that are prolly better than some co.'s higher end stuff. I even found a spectacular blue 1 once, so that may be it. It seems to be a recurring theme - BLUE.

Too many hobbies = no $. I'll be savin for a house before too long.

Last edited by fastnblu; 05-02-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know one from the other. . . but they all look cool!!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:53 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Buddy Guy left Fender?!? Wow! Just wow. When did that happen? He was always Fender, heck they even have (or had, now) a BG sign. model.

Oops, I forgot, I told ya who I'd get an acoustic from. Taylor (U.S) or Martin.
The Rickenbacker 360 like Petty has (those same colors too) has a unique look.

But, if I stop, that's fine. If acoustic is added, that's cool too. The PRS is just... So it may be #7 one day, no not the hi end. But PRS turns out lower end U.S. models that are prolly better than some co.'s higher end stuff. I even found a spectacular blue 1 once, so that may be it. It seems to be a recurring theme - BLUE.
ha ha you can never have enough gear if yu got the money,(or a wife that will let u spend your last dime on it) taylors are great, but for the price and as much as I will play it, a copy will work for me.

on the Buddy Guy thing, he plays a prs 305 now. check this out. it is NICE!!!!
http://www.prsguitars.com/305/index.php
Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, now I want a PRS after lookin at that. Actually, I've looked at a Whale Blue PRS, IIRC it was a 513. They have so many models now. Guy said you're not likely to see a Whale Blue built this way again for months. I even want the birds inlay on fretboard. Oh well.
I wanna say it was in $2200-2500 range, but maybe $3K. Ironically, when I bought some of my others I was wanting the Cherry Sunburst LP. When I bought the Cherry LP, I think I went lookin for a PRS, or was it the Cherry 'burst.

Guitars to me are works of art, just like how a person buys paintings to hang on the wall. It's in the eye of the beholder. And paintings don't make sounds.

Last edited by fastnblu; 05-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that Walden is real nice looking, I'll bet it sounds awesome (in the right hands )

BTW, Tom, I've seen Buddy Guy live numerous times, man can he rock! I actually saw him once at a center in the town I work in
Old 05-02-2010, 06:39 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Wow, that Walden is real nice looking, I'll bet it sounds awesome (in the right hands )

BTW, Tom, I've seen Buddy Guy live numerous times, man can he rock! I actually saw him once at a center in the town I work in
you know that classic rock song, " oh black water, keep on rolling. mississippi moon gonna keep on shinning on me." ? that is what she sounds like. its weird, the more I play it, the better and better it sounds. its more of a finger pick style guitar instead of a strummer, but playing 12 bar blues sounds phenomenal. flat pickin is beautifull too. I am not very good at finger picking, but I am working at it. I got to get rid of the bad habits from my grundge rock days lol.

Buddy is the MAN!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastrt
...but playing 12 bar blues sounds phenomenal. ...
Blues!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh PRS guitars, home in good old MD
Old 05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I was kickin' around on their website and found this
http://www.prsguitars.com/privatesto...y/img/117.html
what a killer guitar!!!!

I had a PRS custom 22 in a sunburst, but traded it for my les paul + $300. I only had $1000 in it and I like the paul better. PRS neck didnt feel as good at the time. but if I had the cash, I would get that hollowbody priv stock. man i bet they want $4000+ for it though.

Quick Reply: Eye candy...of a different kind