THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

F*cking stink bugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
It is not early for them. Those bastards survive in pretty cold weather. I find them in my garage hiding in boxes and **** when it is winter time. A little more dormant though.

I don't know what their correct name is, but they are not Boxelder bugs. Boxelders look like large Lightning bugs with red marks on their wings. Their a pain in the *** too.
Well lets have the op answer cause,round here the boxelder bug aka stink bug are known to be one in the same.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
They have a pungent sour smell.I believe they are called boxelder bugs.Remove any firewood or loose dunage close to the house as that is there primary food iirc.
they love to chill on the cedar shakes on the house.. hope thats not a reason they are around

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
ORKIN MAN They have been around our place on few instances.. They are def a PITA lil *** of a arthropod.. Try using febreze or a sterile air fresh spray..
i like your wording.. made me laugh

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
Luckily we don't have too many here. My buddy's apartment in Newtown though, holy **** was that place bad.
my bros place in yardley is bad.. hes got the little red and black ******** too

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
It is not early for them. Those bastards survive in pretty cold weather. I find them in my garage hiding in boxes and **** when it is winter time. A little more dormant though.

I don't know what their correct name is, but they are not Boxelder bugs. Boxelders look like large Lightning bugs with red marks on their wings. Their a pain in the *** too.
we have them all year here too just got really bad this past week with the nice weather. i thought they were boxelders also until i googled it and seen the red and black ones. pitas but not as bad as these "shield bugs"

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
I give 'em the upside-down can of CO2 treatment...they go permanently dormant after that.
hmmmmm can of duster sounds good
Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

heres the ones that crawl around here-
Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

If its the same bug as around here, my old man's place get's them usually every year around this time. The shed in the backyard is where they like to concentrate, A big can of Raid takes care of them for the year!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a couple varieties of them, but anybody complaining of them in the north east area is complaining about the marmorated stink bug. It drives people more nuts than the others because it loves to seek shelter in homes. We have had a horrible infestation of them in our specific area. I don't have it as bad as most because I use Cyonara 9.7. They are still around though.

"The brown marmorated stink bug, Halyomorpha halys (hereafter abbreviated BMSB), is an invasive species of stink bug native to China, Korea and Japan. It’s thought that BMSB first came to the United States in shipping containers arriving from Asia. The bugs were first identified in Allentown, PA in 2001, although they probably arrived here several years earlier.
Since becoming established in Pennsylvania, the bug has spread throughout the Mid-Atlantic states as far south as Virginia. It’s also been spotted in several southern and midwestern states, and has become established on the west coast in Oregon. It’s still on the move! Since they are strong fliers, BMSBs may fly to a new habitat, but many hitch a ride in shipping containers or on cars.
How Stink Bugs Bug People

In autumn, the adult stink bugs aggregate on and inside houses, sheds and other structures looking for a warm place to spend the winter. Many people find this to be a nuisance because the BMSB gives off a characteristic odor when they’re crushed or disturbed. However, this bug might pose a threat to your plants, too. BMSB has been reported on 73 different plant species in Pennsylvania alone, including butterfly bush, lilac, buckthorn, tomato, and grapes. Feeding on most ornamentals is probably innocuous, but various kinds of fruit crops can also be damaged by BMSB feeding."

Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill, putting a couple of them in a breathable bag with some leaves and sending your way.