THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i would like to see randy vs. fedor also
Old 07-29-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by AphotiC
i hope my boy Rampage ownes his ***!!!!!

Fedor will falcon punch brock
rampage has already had his hass handed to him by fedor..

i think they should let brock get a couple more fights under his belt before they cut fedor loose on him. brock got where he is because he is aggressive and HUGE.

fedor has more talent, and has taken out some monster sized men several times. right now fedor is out of brocks league unless brock gets a chance to lay one of those wild monster fists out there.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
rampage has already had his hass handed to him by fedor..

UHM.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?. when did that happen??? Rampage and Fedor never fought, they fought in the same orginization(Pride) but thats the closest they never fought each other...

-Rob
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah they never fought...2 different weight classes anyways.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LMSeven
Yeah they never fought...2 different weight classes anyways.
i mean even that didnt matter in Pride cuz they had some CRAZY *** match ups. but they did have a lot of people fighting out f thir weigt classes, lik Wanderlei(lhw) and CroCop(hw) fought twice(both sick fights btw) and Wanderlei also fought Mark Hunt(BIG hw) and there were a bunch of fights with huge weight differences but and even the open wieght tournements Rampage and Fedor never fought in the same one, that was just a dumb statement to make sorry. i'm a big MMA fan and when i saw that i was lik WTF!?!?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyways here's an update:

"What M-1 meant by the UFC's"very generous offer"....

By: Carmichael Dave
CBS Radio MMA Host
Twitter.com/Carmichaeldave

So we all know the deal with M-1 and what they are saying about co-promotion. I'm not here to say who's right and wrong in this deal, but I can tell you some of the specifics that were offered to Fedor.....

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.

I can tell you right now, the boys at ZUFFA will never, EVER agree to that. So if M-1 doesnt relent on that item alone, the Fedor to UFC talks are dead. Look for Team Emelianenko to turn to Strikeforce next. With co-promotions already in the books with Affliction, that shouldnt be a stopping point.

-Rob
Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
i mean even that didnt matter in Pride cuz they had some CRAZY *** match ups. but they did have a lot of people fighting out f thir weigt classes, lik Wanderlei(lhw) and CroCop(hw) fought twice(both sick fights btw) and Wanderlei also fought Mark Hunt(BIG hw) and there were a bunch of fights with huge weight differences but and even the open wieght tournements Rampage and Fedor never fought in the same one, that was just a dumb statement to make sorry. i'm a big MMA fan and when i saw that i was lik WTF!?!?!
I was never big on Pride, I've watched quite a few fights but never really got in depth in it. I began gaining a lot of interest in MMA right around when Shamrock lost to Tito in 06
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LMSeven
I was never big on Pride, I've watched quite a few fights but never really got in depth in it. I began gaining a lot of interest in MMA right around when Shamrock lost to Tito in 06
aahhh i see, well i dont come down on casual MMA fans it just annoys me when people make random statements like that...

-Rob
Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea rampage never fought fedor lol

fedor hasnt even fought anyone worth mentioning,the guy is overrated,u have to beat the best to be the best.fedor will get his *** kicked finally in the UFC and dana knows he will get beat thats why he wants him,to make cash and see him get beat ,,just watch.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevrolade
fedor hasnt even fought anyone worth mentioning,the guy is overrated,u have to beat the best to be the best.fedor will get his *** kicked finally in the UFC and dana knows he will get beat thats why he wants him,to make cash and see him get beat ,,just watch.
WoW WoW WoW!!! he definately beat some names well worth mentioning, he beat Cro Cop and Nogueira when they were both in their prime beat Nogueira badly twice, also Mark Hunt, Andre Arlovski, Tim Silvia, Ricardo Arona, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Semmy Schilt, Kevin Randleman, Kaziyuki Fujita, Hong-Man Choi all very worthy an damgerous fighters and he beat them all and made most of them look like amatuer fighters while doing it so he's definately a great fighter.

-Rob
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
WoW WoW WoW!!! he definately beat some names well worth mentioning, he beat Cro Cop and Nogueira when they were both in their prime beat Nogueira badly twice, also Mark Hunt, Andre Arlovski, Tim Silvia, Ricardo Arona, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Semmy Schilt, Kevin Randleman, Kaziyuki Fujita, Hong-Man Choi all very worthy an damgerous fighters and he beat them all and made most of them look like amatuer fighters while doing it so he's definately a great fighter.

-Rob
That's what I thought..wow. The Nogueira fight was excellent. 3 rounds on the ground with Nogueira is no joke.

Quick Reply: Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal