THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Forget buying a z06 I'm getting one of these!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forget buying a z06 I'm getting one of these!!

So I was thinking about buying a c6 z after the c7 cars come out and all the old guys trade in their no milage c6s. I know I couldn't keep it stock and would be dumping well over 10k into it. Soooo why not get something super exotic and a killer performer like the rcr superlite coupe. These "kit" cars are absolutely insane, setting track records by several seconds. It would be great pulling up to that guy in his nice new ferrari making him look like hes driving a prius

Name:  IMG_0461.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  51.2 KB
Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

do it lol
Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
rj2
Launching!

I watched stacey david build one of these on gears and they went to the place that builds them there frame and tub are amazing. 40k for the roller. Got to put drivetrain interior wire it and basically build it. Its badass and the possibilities are endless on how it would look run or be set up id love to have one. Slc in michigan makes them
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did he ever finish the build? I saw the first 2 or 3 episodes but haven't seen the wrap up yet.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo 4.8 in that lil thing hahaha

40k just for a roller? Does it weight 1000#?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Looks like the factoryfive grn supercar. Their kits are 20k, an they recommend a company who can finish the build for you for 30-45k I think. They use ls motors from Corvette an Porsche parts for the builds
Old 06-07-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Been drooling over superformance gt40's lately myself.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rj2
I watched stacey david build one of these on gears and they went to the place that builds them there frame and tub are amazing. 40k for the roller. Got to put drivetrain interior wire it and basically build it. Its badass and the possibilities are endless on how it would look run or be set up id love to have one. Slc in michigan makes them
Originally Posted by Wide Open
Did he ever finish the build? I saw the first 2 or 3 episodes but haven't seen the wrap up yet.
The build is not finished. they only did 3-4 episodes on it. apparently an engine builder who has a twin turbo lsx ultima gtr is building a twin turbo lsx motor for the SLC on gears.

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Turbo 4.8 in that lil thing hahaha

40k just for a roller? Does it weight 1000#?
43k for a roller yes but this roller includes brembo brakes, billet a-arms, qa1 fully adjustable shocks, ect. there are many options for them and you could easily spend over 100k building your own but you can get one going for about 70k. that one pictured there is just over 2000# in street trim they seem to be around 2300-2400

Originally Posted by Chevy-Fun
Looks like the factoryfive grn supercar. Their kits are 20k, an they recommend a company who can finish the build for you for 30-45k I think. They use ls motors from Corvette an Porsche parts for the builds
Im pretty sure that the factory five gtm build cost is another 30-45 if your doing it all yourself. the initial kit is cheaper but you need a c5 vette donor. what this does is bump your kit cost up say another 8k and you now have all used parts from a car that was not that weight or configuration. they also have horrible looking bodys (not style but rather fitment and overall flatness) you can spend 10k easy on the body and paint where the SLC you can buff the gel coat and you would never know it was not painted. another plus is the slc comes already rolling and takes about 200 hrs to finish for a street car i believe the gtm stuff is in the 1000 hr range. dont get me wrong they are sexy too but ive seen some in person and was not impressed.

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx
Been drooling over superformance gt40's lately myself.
do it up!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schino

Im pretty sure that the factory five gtm build cost is another 30-45 if your doing it all yourself. the initial kit is cheaper but you need a c5 vette donor. what this does is bump your kit cost up say another 8k and you now have all used parts from a car that was not that weight or configuration. they also have horrible looking bodys (not style but rather fitment and overall flatness) you can spend 10k easy on the body and paint where the SLC you can buff the gel coat and you would never know it was not painted. another plus is the slc comes already rolling and takes about 200 hrs to finish for a street car i believe the gtm stuff is in the 1000 hr range. dont get me wrong they are sexy too but ive seen some in person and was not impressed.
There is the GTM2 now, supposed to have addressed those fitment and flatness issues.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dmelvin
There is the GTM2 now, supposed to have addressed those fitment and flatness issues.
I had not realized they came out with a second generation body. the ones i was i looking at up close to were a few years ago. the body on them was definately not done professionally, the gaps were pretty bad

Quick Reply: Forget buying a z06 I'm getting one of these!!