THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Freakin Bees!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I killed 1 bee about 4 weeks ago inside my house. I thought it was no big deal, since it was only one. The next week I killed 5 more in the same area, and one in the kitchen.

I was trying to think of where they might be getting in, since all the doors and widows were closed and my house is pretty air tight. I looked at the cat and saw her staring at the fireplace. I walked over to it, knelt down next to it and heard the buzzing.

I went out side and saw them cruizing around the top of my chimney. I said f this and called the exterminator and sealed off the fireplace to the house. There was no hive....yet, so I got lucky.

All the bee people I talked to said honey bees are scarce, but it seems that people are having more and more problems with them lately.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:28 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
I killed 1 bee about 4 weeks ago inside my house. I thought it was no big deal, since it was only one. The next week I killed 5 more in the same area, and one in the kitchen.

I was trying to think of where they might be getting in, since all the doors and widows were closed and my house is pretty air tight. I looked at the cat and saw her staring at the fireplace. I walked over to it, knelt down next to it and heard the buzzing.

I went out side and saw them cruizing around the top of my chimney. I said f this and called the exterminator and sealed off the fireplace to the house. There was no hive....yet, so I got lucky.

All the bee people I talked to said honey bees are scarce, but it seems that people are having more and more problems with them lately.
now thats a crazy story!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I wonder how many of them you could kill with a shot gun extra full choke and a single shot with #8
That's what I was thinking...except with my auto benelli w/8 shot mag extension.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Launching!

If you ever need a good exterminator in Tucson let me know.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would of started a FIRE!!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the exterminator over 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Killed a hive and a queen the first week, bout 2K bees. Next week same damn **** but about 300 bee's and he came back yesterday to spray some foam in my roof overhang where they were building their nests. They actually got into my attic but thank god that pink panther insulation was a bitch for them to work through.
That expanding foam stuff kills bee's on contact, been sweeping 40-50 off my porch every morning.
Brian you should hear Dave's Bee story, happened to him yesterday!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I wonder how many of them you could kill with a shot gun extra full choke and a single shot with #8
10 gauge
Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

damn fukin bees suk