THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

That fuggin' Bird is History!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that bird is not dead yet.
gee wizz what is the hold up, just load, aim, and shoot.
i expected to see a pic of this thing laying in a pan with stuffing all around it.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom, that made me laugh good!

Yeah boss, I have some gold pellets that came with the rifle rated at 1200fps and then 3 tins of Match and Game Gamo pellets. Thanks for the links!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you hear a CRACK with any of those pellets go to something heavier. Even though they say they are rated to 1200fps, pellets don't do good at that speed. Once they get close to the sound barrier(~1100fps) they become unstable and lose accuracy. Also, shooting very light pellets can be like dry firing your gun which is BAD with a springer.

Get some pics of the birds before and after.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

How about a small flamethrower??
Then you can have dinner at the same time if you get enough of them!!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PappyDan
gee wizz what is the hold up, just load, aim, and shoot.
Again, Do It, Do It! Odds are, I'll come to San Jose b4 you nix that bird. I usu. take a vacation bout once every 4 yrs. Since i went to FL last yr, that means u have 3 yrs.

U need 1 of those guns like the cops use that shoots a net for unruly people like Dewey( but w/ really small holes). Capture him, then put him in a cage. Not to be cruel, but just to mock it when it's sleepin like it did to u. Or depending on who's closest to u, say Spoolin for example, drop it off @ his house when he's not lookin. It'll fly back to your place prolly anyway. And so it begins...again.

Last edited by fastnblu; 07-02-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I need to find a place I can go and sight in the scope at 100 yards. I have no room here and I'm certain the neighbors are going to call the cops on me if I screw around in the park.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
If you're shooting within 35 yrds or so use hollow point pellets. The RWS brand work good but, are probably too lightweight for that gun. These are heavier and I've heard good things about them JSB Predators Other than that I like the flat headed match pellets, again RWS are very good there too. An air rifle like that doesn't need pointed or round head pellets, they'll zip right through the bird and whatever is behind it.

If you want a heavier flat head pellet to really knock the birds out try THESE
i use RWS superdome and RWS out of my high power springer. its a heavier pellet with a bigger skirt to slow the gun down and make it more accurate. i think my gun is still shooting it a little over 1000fps...but it will shoot over 1500 fps with the pba ammo...NOT ACCURATELY THOUGH. whats the point of shooting fast if you cant hit it.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'm gonna break in to your house at night and get your cousin's phone number. by the time you find a clip that you like, load it and aim I'm gonna make you an uncle!
hahaahahahahahahaahaahaa HA! that is some funny shi* right there oh my god! i dont even know the cousin but its still funnier than hell
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chevrolet all the way
hahaahahahahahahaahaahaa HA! that is some funny shi* right there oh my god! i dont even know the cousin but its still funnier than hell
She's a cheerleader for the Oakland Raiders and he won't hood me up!! That little fugger!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i use RWS superdome and RWS out of my high power springer. its a heavier pellet with a bigger skirt to slow the gun down and make it more accurate. i think my gun is still shooting it a little over 1000fps...but it will shoot over 1500 fps with the pba ammo...NOT ACCURATELY THOUGH. whats the point of shooting fast if you cant hit it.
I always used the RWS Superdome and RWS Meisterkugeln Match in my RWS 48 .177. They shot very accurate in it, good enough to clip pencils in two at 55 yards I am not familiar with Bill's new gun and wasn't sure if it was more powerful than the 48.

Only reason I don't really shoot the 48 much anymore is because it kills scope mounts. The last time is shook one apart I kinda gave up and moved on to Precharged guns. Here is one of my current ones, not very accurate without a scope.

What springer do you have?

Quick Reply: That fuggin' Bird is History!!