THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

god this sucks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default god this sucks...

so I was ***** deep in a midget... er.. I mean

so I got my windows tinted today... 35% which is the legal limit.. anyway life time freakin warranty paid 240$ for 5 windows.. the **** is bubbling up after not even 5 hours... god I'm pissed.. sorry had to vent..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are gona do that give it some time.....if you rolled your windows down that might have been the problem, but if you didnt give it five days and it will form. The bubbliness will go away.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had mine done a 20%. I had some major bubbles in mine the first few days after I had it done, but they will go away once you get it out in the sun for a little while. If it is hot, then they will disappear faster. If you have any that don't, just use a crisp credit card and start in the middle and move your way out. But don't do this till like 2 weeks after. Oh, and DON'T roll your window down for like 4 or 5 days. This will let it seal better and prevent it from bubbling or coming off in like 2 years.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

they will bubble for a couple days...are they just little bittle water spot lookin little dudes?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let the sun work its magic. Give it time. If the bubbles dont dry and lay down take it back!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

nah they are dry lookin bubbles.. but thanks guys

however when we say the bubbles will go away I notice the tint has tiny little bubbles that from afar just look like distorts the image of the outside world.. but this particular bubble that I'm talking about is nearly half an inch big.

hope ya'll are right. and I never rolled them windows down won't do it for a little while..

my back windows are the pop out kind.. is it ok to leave those open to allow air in the truck? especially over-night?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:58 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like they say, just give it time. Bubbles are normal.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

if the bubbles are around the edge of the window,they are called fingers, and pushing them back down with a credit card sooner is better, they are sometimes caused by the edge of the film being right at the edge of the rubber trim. If you have allot of sunlight and warm weather, the best thing you can do is park it out in the sun. The streaky, hazey look will go away after a day or two. thats just the soapy water behind it. If the water dries out before you push them down, they'll look bad, so push them down as soon as you can. My Brother owns a window tinting Co in Fla, I did it for years. Good Luck...
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

hey mine done at 20% yesterday, looks amazing, sorry guess this doesnt help
Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

update: thanks guys.. ya'll we're right.. all the bubbles are gone.. its only been 4 days so i'm still windows up.

however there is still one more bubble.. right smack in the middle of the back window.. will it go away? I don't really plan on rolling that window down any time soon.

Quick Reply: god this sucks...