THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Going to Japan - Need some info

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Blown 427 LSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I have a couple of friends, no where near my size but still in the 6'3 - 6'4" size, both around 200lbs and they said they stood out like freaks... I can only imagine how much I am going to stand out, and yes I will take pics of everything!

I am very well versed with chopsticks, my step mom, who raised me since I was 3 (dont know my birth mom) is from Guam, so chopsticks were a mainstay growing up, i can catch flies lol... well not that good, but I can hold my own.

BUT i am not a big fan of seafood, a staple in japanese cooking, ugh... oh well, I told myself I will try most everything when Im there, just to say I tried it - except dead snake liqour (actual dead snakes in rice alcohol WTF?)
Old 02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Enjoy the total change in culture, it's nothing like Europe or the Americas, it's like a different world. Like everyone else said... you will literally be able to see EVERYTHING around you, you will be the tallest person at any given moment.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

just curious, what is the purpose of your most envious venture?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
I told myself I will try most everything when Im there, just to say I tried it - except dead snake liqour (actual dead snakes in rice alcohol WTF?)
Don't be a skirt, just do it! I tried it when I was home on leave from the army for christmas one year at a party another town over from where I live. My cousins friend was home on leave also, but he was stationed in japan with the marines. He brought a bottle of it back with him... The bottle he had actually had two snakes in it, it looked like one was eating the other tail first. Being the only two military guys there everyone was looking at us to get down on it. I had the honors of going first. Yay. The **** was all murky and had scales floating in it. Other than tasting like horseshit, and burning like straight alcohol it was ok lol.

Just do it, get a bottle and try it. You'll only remember it later on and you'll be able to say, "Yeah, I did that."
Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Habu Saki is the ****. Try it.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Climb Mt. Fuji trust me its worth it!
I went a couple years back because we had some friends that lived on base there, Atsugi AFB i believe...

Anyways, you will def tower over everyone

Food wise if you don't like sushi try gioza rolls, i think thats how you say it, oh and the beef bowls with udon noodles are amazing!
An awesome resturant we went to was called "Fuji Mamas"

all in all you will have a blast... its a way different experience but well well worth it!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

bill and i should be able to see you from here......hahahaha

get ready to have your picture taken a million times.

enjoy your trip. i have been to sasebo and nagasaki. never tokyo though. its a fun fun place.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a Digital Camera and plenty of memory for some pictures. I've wanted to go to tokyo for quite some time to check out the night scene.
Also I think it's rude to be talking on the phone while on the train but you may want to check on that.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

there is amazing beef in japan....no need to stick with seafood.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Blown 427 LSX

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
just curious, what is the purpose of your most envious venture?
Awhile back I worked personally for one of Japan's premier actresses, Sayuri Yoshinaga, she is a legend in Japan. I was her EPS Agent at her Red Carpet Movie premier on Hollywood Blvd el capatain theater, her first US premiering so the Japanese foreign press was on hand in huge numbers, on the red carpet it was me, her, and an interpreter - i ended up in tons of pictures, videos, etc.
So I am flying to Japan to be featured on Japanese TV... they sent a crew out last week to film me doing training, working for a VP on sunset, working with my team... While I am there they will be challenging me and my team in a variety of EP skills, all of this will be on TV over there.
In addition, we have been challenged by the local two time national dodgeball champions to a match, where we have to protect a client... did I mention this was a 6th grade team, and the client is their principal???

So shooting, CQB, and dodgeball against 12 year old national champions - hahahaha... we only film one day, the rest is leisure

I guess this is the only context in which you can say - "Im gonna kick some 6th grade ***!!!"

Quick Reply: Going to Japan - Need some info