THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Going to Japan - Need some info

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. Sounds like a heck of a time is to be had.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I've never been to those cities so I can't really recommend specific restaurants. I enjoyed all of the "mongolian bar" type places I went to. Grille in the middle of the table and you order everything raw and cook it right there yourself.

If you can't use chop sticks, take along a fork with you.... seriously. I managed with the sticks till I got a good buzz going then it was all over. It took one place 30 minutes to find a fork for me and I spent the evening eating with a babies Mickey Mouse variety.
i agree dave please eat some food for me . i know i would go over there just to get fat.

SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI, blue fin FTMFW its my fav and i can only imagine how much better it is over there. i know it does cost quite a bit more but man your on vacation live it up.

take some pics of the sush for me . so i can drool and just imagine .
Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Dave, have you ever watched Japanese TV? I think you're in for a surprise. Please ask for a copy of the taping and send it this way
Old 02-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Blown 427 LSX

Bill, you of all people know me and should know better... yes I am very well aware of japanese TV and the mockery that insues... i have a contract with exact wording... the whole dodgeball thing is a secondary comedy bit, we are not allowed to return fire, we are destined to fail, big deal, im gonna have a great attitude and have fun while being a good sport!

BTW- My team consists of a DEA agent, an LAPD officer, and a Ventura county Deputy Sheriff, and me (lol).

Last edited by usabodyguard; 02-02-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Where's the Beef?

+1 on getting a copy if you can.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy crap, I'm lol'ing my *** off over here... I'm just imagining you and your team mowing down a group of 6th graders with a hail of fully automatic gunfire. I'm picturing something like this: you guys take positions surrounding the principal, the whistle blows from the ref and as the kids run for the dodgeballs you guys just cut them down in seconds... hahahaha... yeah, there's something wrong with me but I'm cool with it.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I hate my cats

A friend of mine lived and taught English in Japan for a few years. I don't remember which cities, but I know for awhile she lived just down the street from where that crazy cult staged the ricin attack. She had a few tattoos though, and she had to hide them because over there people assume you're with the yakuza (mafia) if you have tattoos. Heavy tattoos and missing fingers are a symbol of loyalty to "family." People with tattoos weren't even alowed in public gyms. I know you've got some pretty rad ink, and anyone would have to be pretty dumb to think the 9 foot tall white guy is a yakuza soldier, but it might be something to consider...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

remember, you're a big target
i'm sure you'll have a blast.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Yeah Dave, I bet you will have a lot of fun with it. I read that about the tatoos also but I'm sure that only applies to the local businessmen, not foreigners.

Personally I'm not a big fan of crowds but I do love Japanese food, all of it...and damn if the women aren't sooo cute

Enjoy the flight
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Blown 427 LSX

yea I thought about my tats... my left arm is fully sleeved to my knuckles -

as shown here (took this pic a couple days ago)

But as you can see - the entire sleeve is a japanese theme... 2 samurai - one good one evil, and several Kanji symbols, and a lotus flower on the back of my hand, so they may love it or hate it, whatever.

But as Owen mentioned, I am a white guy, WTF would I be doing with the Yakuza?

Quick Reply: Going to Japan - Need some info