THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

A good friend (Speed Secrets) saved my butt

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good friend (Speed Secrets) saved my butt

I got the 402 up and running with the help of some friends a couple of weeks ago. Everything seemed great for ohhh... about 36 whole miles. Truck stops on road on Sunday night (with Wife in passenger seat...) on the way to our first night out since I broke the LQ4 /Radix combo. NOT GOOD AT ALL

So I'm thinking my love life will consist of and some lotion. Not so! I got the truck towed home and at 1130 at night my bud over at Speed Secrets came to pick up the H2 with a Dually and a flatbed. That was awesome. I really didn't have the time or the energy to deal with the breakage after spending four weeks straight sweating this whole build and install.

Turned out it was a broken transmission pump that took her down (my fault). Speed Secrets fixed her up and had her ready for pickup by the next saturday. When you're out of time and out of patience its good to have a reliable shop nearby that will go the extra... oh 150 or so miles... to take care of the customer.

This is the best shop in the northwest and the only one that gets my business. They put my H2 into the 13's with one of their trannies and fixed it up again when I broke it during install

Thanks a million Ellis! I've put 300 miles on the truck since I got it back and not a single hiccup. Hell, even my wife was willing to take it out alone this evening.

If you're in WA state (or anywhere within driving/shipping distance) and need a good mechanic send me a PM. I can hook you up.

Free lesson learned... DON'T use bolts to draw the tranny and engine into alignment!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Regular

Good and reliable shops are hard to find. Glad to see that you found a great shop to help you out.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:02 AM
10 Second Club

Just Glad you are getting to enjoy that baby again! I hope the wife has her Caddy back soon and things settle down enough to have fun again
Old 01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHarris
I got the 402 up and running with the help of some friends a couple of weeks ago. Everything seemed great for ohhh... about 36 whole miles. Truck stops on road on Sunday night (with Wife in passenger seat...) on the way to our first night out since I broke the LQ4 /Radix combo. NOT GOOD AT ALL

So I'm thinking my love life will consist of and some lotion. Not so! I got the truck towed home and at 1130 at night my bud over at Speed Secrets came to pick up the H2 with a Dually and a flatbed. That was awesome. I really didn't have the time or the energy to deal with the breakage after spending four weeks straight sweating this whole build and install.

Turned out it was a broken transmission pump that took her down (my fault). Speed Secrets fixed her up and had her ready for pickup by the next saturday. When you're out of time and out of patience its good to have a reliable shop nearby that will go the extra... oh 150 or so miles... to take care of the customer.

This is the best shop in the northwest and the only one that gets my business. They put my H2 into the 13's with one of their trannies and fixed it up again when I broke it during install

Thanks a million Ellis! I've put 300 miles on the truck since I got it back and not a single hiccup. Hell, even my wife was willing to take it out alone this evening.

If you're in WA state (or anywhere within driving/shipping distance) and need a good mechanic send me a PM. I can hook you up.

Free lesson learned... DON'T use bolts to draw the tranny and engine into alignment!
Glad to hear you got it going again. This year is gonna bring lots of smiles.

Originally Posted by CHarris
I have read a bunch about Speed Secrets on LS1tech and I have even checked how far of a drive it would be for me. I am thinking of getting a new tune and would rather have a dyno/street tune than a mail order. I will also be getting a TR224 cam and a TB stall later this year.

Can you PM me some estimates on what a tune (dyno would be cool) would cost me? A few of my buddies and I were quoted $350 each to install a TB stall, is that fair?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Little trick I use to line them up is to put a floor jack under the trans pan to lift it up at more of an angle then sit the motor down in teh bay with a load leveler and tilt the back end of the motor down and it just about pops into place