THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Gotta vent ... small correction on a 'stall' -- EVERYONE READ

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:40 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

the tow/haul *** button
Old 04-01-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stall my truck all the time. But only when I forget to push the gas when I let out the clutch.

1 of my issues is with the abrev. slang and improper punc's ppl use when im'ing other ppl b/c they feel its informal and its ok.

I'm all for the LOL, LMAO, FWIW, IMO etc. abreviations, but when people use them as a crutch....WTF?!?

Old 04-01-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people I know will not know what i am talking about if I were to call it a converter. I rather call it a stall or "Turbina".
Old 04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I don't think my ***** are actually *****, but everybody knows what I'm talking about when I refer to them.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by myclone
The guys who REALLY get under my skin are what I call the "Ive got one better guys". We've all been around one at one point and as Im sure youre aware everything they see automotively speaking they own, used to own, or have a brother/cousin/uncle/etc that owned whatever you have only it was faster, had more turbos, was supercharged, turbo'd AND supercharged, etc etc and it was a special order factory deal. It never fails that someone who sees a syclone/typhoon will spout off how they or someone they knew had one but had twin turbos or the corvette engine or the twin turbo'd corvette engine etc which was an option that could be ordered from the factory. Ugh....it takes a LOT of effort not to slap them into next week on the spot.
You forgot the factory quad turbo triple intercooled 8.1L option!
I have to agree that these are the most annoying people on the planet.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

What about "Nawz", nos or whatever other slang they use it is nitrous nitrous nitrous nitrous this really drives me nuts. Since they came out with the movie idiots everywhere. At least say you put the hose to it, its on the bottle, laughing gas, the SHI?, on the can, whatever just do not call it nawz. I will call you a tool to your face. Also nos is just a company not the gas.

The engine/motor thing is a pet peeve

"Cam in it" yes it has a cam in it my other car has two of them then they look at you funny. "What is the lift on that cam" they ask, yes that is the only spec to a cam just to lift if you are over .600 lift you have a nasty setup and that is all that there is to it.

Same goes for heads "are they ported and polished" but there is so much more than the flow at .700 lift.

Stall drives me nuts as well it just sounds retarded saying it. Plus people think every convertor is the same, there is a decent amount of options in a convertor, size, lockup, STR, tightness and internal components material.

I just do not talk to people about cars there alot of people that cannot talk about sports since they get so heated. I get heated talking about cars since they do not have a clue same goes for firearms the same things happens. I shot this and my dad had that so this is best.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I don't think my ***** are actually *****, but everybody knows what I'm talking about when I refer to them.
Now, THAT's funny!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LJ93Z28GM
What about "Nawz", nos or whatever other slang they use it is nitrous nitrous nitrous nitrous this really drives me nuts. Since they came out with the movie idiots everywhere. At least say you put the hose to it, its on the bottle, laughing gas, the SHI?, on the can, whatever just do not call it nawz. I will call you a tool to your face. Also nos is just a company not the gas.

The engine/motor thing is a pet peeve

"Cam in it" yes it has a cam in it my other car has two of them then they look at you funny. "What is the lift on that cam" they ask, yes that is the only spec to a cam just to lift if you are over .600 lift you have a nasty setup and that is all that there is to it.

Same goes for heads "are they ported and polished" but there is so much more than the flow at .700 lift.

Stall drives me nuts as well it just sounds retarded saying it. Plus people think every convertor is the same, there is a decent amount of options in a convertor, size, lockup, STR, tightness and internal components material.

I just do not talk to people about cars there alot of people that cannot talk about sports since they get so heated. I get heated talking about cars since they do not have a clue same goes for firearms the same things happens. I shot this and my dad had that so this is best.
NOS is actually a registered trademark of Nitrous Oxide Systems. nitrous is what you use, no matter who the manufacturer of the kit may be. Nitrous Oxide Systems manufactures nitrous parts and kits.

To me ... when I see someone using that as well, it really shows their intelligence on the matter.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by mjhoward
3/4 race cam Now that is an old term. How about a dodge "Purple" cam "It's got a purple cam in er". You have to pic a redneck saying that to get the full effect.
What has always chapped my *** is the Mustang boys talking about their x cams and b cams etc. they usually have no clue about the specs and what they mean. About people being stuck on lift #'s, that is an ongoing joke within my friends. people bragging about their cam and judging it solely on the lift. There are so many morons in this world it is rediculas. Some of us can't help it though
I know "some people" cant help it but hell i would hope you could at least spell Rediculous, Mark. lol

Very true. I call it a verter or a stall converter most of the time but i have to admit, i have been guilty of calling it a stall to save typing time. Sorry dood.

I like the one "your putting a camshaft in your truck? What ratio is it?"
I say "Heh?"
Old 04-01-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I forgot to mention the idiots with Cadalac converters. When I worked at the parts place, there were so many people that called asking for cadalac converters. I just wanted to reach through the phone and slap them.

Quick Reply: Gotta vent ... small correction on a 'stall' -- EVERYONE READ