THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Hanging on by a thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hanging on by a thread...

..such is the case with the bicep tendon in my left arm. Happened while working on a car at work I had my left arm extended, palm up, pushing on something when I heard a loud crack! Then came pain. I nursed it for over a week, when finally my boss told me to go to the doctor as he was tired of my coming in late from having to ice my forearm before I came in, and from sleeping late in the morning since the pain kept me up all night. The MRI revealed that the tendon was torn almost all of the way through, and is hanging on by one or two fibers. The doctor said that it's a miracle that it didn't snap all of the way through since I didn't seek his help immediately and had been using the arm as opposed to keeping it immobilized. So now I have to wear this cast for 4 weeks and the tendon should heal itself. If the tendon completely snapped, it would require surgery to correct, and would never be the same, as in it would never have full strength or full range of motion.

I'm supposed to be staying home keeping it completely immobilized, but I can't live on a worker's comp paycheck, plus I've been ultra busy at work and don't want to get too far behind. Not to brag, but I pulled the dash on an 07 GS350 completely with my right arm only...unbolted and removed from the car (as I currently pound my chest with my good arm )

Here are some pics of my latest accessory:

Last edited by budhayes3; 01-22-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow that sucks man! Could have been worse i guess ...?

wearing a full cast has to suck.

Its hell to get old, Hope ya heal up soon. I know how it is as i cut the tip of my finger off at work, comp pay sucks .
Old 01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heal it up, right!
_
Old 01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are lucky man. let the arm rest before you screw it up more!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Baltimore Whore

Sure sure, thats the story you put out for these guys. I told you last time you text me about that kinda stuff, that you need to switch up while beating off for multiple hours,, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. jkn, hope you make a speedy recovery brotha..
Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn dude that's gotta be miserable. Hope all goes well and get rid of that soon.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

LOL, yea, the truth is I was trying to beat off lefty and it went horribly wrong The doctor told me that this was a rare injury...people usually tear tendons in many other places of their arm, but hardly ever the bicep tendon...I like rare things but this is a little ridiculous

Your right Tim, it could have been a lot worse...if the tendon had snapped all of the way through, it would have coiled into my arm like a busted rubber band, and they would have had to cut me open to retrieve the two pieces, then attach them back together. Besides permanently losing strength and range of motion, they would have cut through my tattoos which would have never been the same again!

Originally Posted by JFOLM
you are lucky man. let the arm rest before you screw it up more!
Yea man, I definitely am lucky...I cringe when I think about if the tendon tore all of the way! I'm doing my best to rest my arm on the weekends and the evenings after work, and trying to take it easy at work during the day.

Man, it really sucks when I get an itch that I can't reach!

Thanks for all the kind words everybody

Last edited by budhayes3; 01-22-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
Damn dude that's gotta be miserable. Hope all goes well and get rid of that soon.
Thanks Tyler...4 weeks

BTW, in the first pic, that black line by my wrist on the cast was drawn on there by me with a Sharpie...it's for my daughter, so when she goes to "decorate" my cast, she can't draw below that line lol. It needs to look somewhat professional at work
Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks uncle bud.. But I still got you in mind if I win the lottery. I'm with everyone else it needed too be put in a cast. It would not heal right if you kept working with it.. You taking the dash out with one arm, shows everyone that your not a quiter. So I hope everything heals up right & you get back too 100%.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before long, you'll have the cast all tatted. Even if Rose does it.

Quick Reply: Hanging on by a thread...