THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Has anyone seen the Expendables?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Also, I waited to see in the end where else it was filmed, ... there was a Brazil unit too.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/locations
Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jared91
not gunna happen ever unless you go to **** creek, as you cannot buy this. not sold on the civilian market.
If you have the money and get the right paperwork you can buy it.. Its expensive and considered a Destructive Device... I got to shoot one a few months ago. Want to talk about wasting a box of shells!!!
25rd drum goes way to fast and it shoots so smooth.

I think we are goin to see the movie this weekend.. cant wait!!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
If you have the money and get the right paperwork you can buy it.. Its expensive and considered a Destructive Device... I got to shoot one a few months ago. Want to talk about wasting a box of shells!!!
25rd drum goes way to fast and it shoots so smooth.

I think we are goin to see the movie this weekend.. cant wait!!
oh it is now?! awsome! last time i checked it wasnt available for the civilian market. so will your regular class 3 liscense work for this, or no?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jared91
oh it is now?! awsome! last time i checked it wasnt available for the civilian market. so will your regular class 3 liscense work for this, or no?
woops...
you have to go thru a Class III to get it, but if you get all the paper work in order, which is a major pain, then you can get it.. might take a year for the slow ATF, FBI, NCIS to all go thru your paperwork and get approved.
Ill get some more info if you want.. altho the weapon is prolly gonna cost roughly 25k, that most normal people aint gonna get their hands on it..
Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Going to see it tonight.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

saw it last weekend, bad *** movie for sure, stallones truck is sweet
Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thiems;4530315]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/locations[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't realize IMDB had that too. My brother goes on there all the time to see what's comin out, who's was in a movie, been in what, etc.

I knew it was filmed in L.A.; Jefferson, LA,: & lastly Brazil (but IIRC, it wasn't detailed that specific).

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
If you have the money and get the right paperwork you can buy it.. Its expensive and considered a Destructive Device... I got to shoot one a few months ago.

you have to go thru a Class III to get it, but if you get all the paper work in order, which is a major pain, then you can get it.. might take a year for the slow ATF, FBI, NCIS to all go thru your paperwork and get approved.
Ill get some more info if you want.. altho the weapon is prolly gonna cost roughly 25k, that most normal people aint gonna get their hands on it..
I knew u needed Class III or had to be law / military, but I sure wouldn't spend $25k.

How did u get to shoot it? And, is it really as loud as u sounds in the movie? My guess is the recorder was cranked up to amplify the sound, cause it sounded awfully loud. But in a good way.

smokeshow, you'll like it even tho Stallone's truck is sequential boost.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

saw it last night because of this thread.. it was great imo... good movie
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't that impressed with it. I didn't think it was a terrible movie, just thought the fight scenes would be better. I'd like to have seen Stone Cold with more lines. And the fight scene with him and Couture was lame. I also thought Dolph's part was a little gay. It did have some cool stuff in the movie. The truck was cool. I saw them build it on Street Customs. They actually built 3. Not sure if that was mentioned, I haven't read the entire thread. Seeing Minatoro in the background was cool also.

I'd have liked it a lot better if it didn't cost $23 for the ticket, popcorn, and a coke. Plus the 30 minutes of commercials before the movie started. Motivates me to keep watching bootlegs off the internet.

IMO, Predator > Expendables.