THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Hertz car rental?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hertz car rental?

anybody know if the mustangs you can rent from hertz are v8's or not? no i'm not switching over. the g/f's little girl is in love with mustangs and we're flying to colorado in july and i figured i'd rent one to show her that my truck is much better just curious if anyone knew if there are v8's or not...i refuse to drive one if its not
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some are GT's. If not see if you can rent one of them GT-H's.

EDIT: Well... apparently you're able to rent Corvette's from Hertz, so there's probably a good chance you can rent a Mustang GT. https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...=globNav_3_5_1
Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DozerDan
anybody know if the mustangs you can rent from hertz are v8's or not? no i'm not switching over. the g/f's little girl is in love with mustangs and we're flying to colorado in july and i figured i'd rent one to show her that my truck is much better just curious if anyone knew if there are v8's or not...i refuse to drive one if its not
They mainly buy the v6's but some locations will occasionally buy a GT as they see fit. I can call and ask but can't guarantee you'd get a v8. And I'm not finding any more GT-H's in Colorado. I'll have to check when I get to work in the morning.
PM me some details of when and where and I can help you out on some things. Don't forget either, cuz there's an age differential fee if your under 25. Unless your friends with an employee.

Last edited by viciousknid; 06-04-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Joshua...

Can you help with rental car rates? I have to rent a car in NY for a couple of days. $130 for 2 damn days and hopefully I will have the Monte Carlo.

Lisa
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Joshua...

Can you help with rental car rates? I have to rent a car in NY for a couple of days. $130 for 2 damn days and hopefully I will have the Monte Carlo.

Lisa
I can only have so many friend discounts and you have to present the card. $130 ttl for 2 days in NY is sadly good.
Do you have AAA, Sams, Cosco, Amex Platinum? Any kind of clubs.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

That's with my clubs... I even have coupons with me.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Where's the Beef?

That's with my clubs... I even have coupons with me.
I'm kinda the go to guy in my department so I know a few perks, but still only so much i can do. And dumb NY don't participate in any of our good offers.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by viciousknid
I'm kinda the go to guy in my department so I know a few perks, but still only so much i can do. And dumb NY don't participate in any of our good offers.
Would you believe me if I told you to rent a Vette in NY is less than renting a CTS?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Where's the Beef?

Would you believe me if I told you to rent a Vette in NY is less than renting a CTS?
Yea. That'll fluctuate tho. If an *** load of people are renting the CTS the price on it will go up because they are gonna be low on that car.
I've seen some CRAZY stuff when it comes to prices.
I've seen a car rented in Florida and dropped off in Syracuse cost 109 a week. and i've seen a car in Florida rent for 200 a DAY.
Just depends on the circumstances. When storms get real bad people leave the cars in other states. Happens so bad sometimes that the location doesn't have enough cars to meet their reservations for the rest of the week. Prices get really high then.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

See just doesn't make sense. The Expressway and the LIE have a crap load of potholes, what dumbass rental car company would unload a Vette for $200/day and have someone drive it on one of those thoroughfares?

Quick Reply: Hertz car rental?