THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

How Do I Get Out Of Jury Duty

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the event you do have to go, just act really biased towards black people or something and they'll dismis you.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:14 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea last time I was called I sat on the front row with a college shirt on reading a biography of General Patton. The defense attorney took one look at me and I was on my way back. I believe in doing my civic duty, that is what this country was founded on but if they did not want me then I have done all I can.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Find out what the case is for, lets say robery. You just tell the that you think that all thieves should be put to death no matter what. Or do what randomhero said and show dislike toword a group of people or something like that.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

I've igged the letter three times now, never had an issue.
Some people live for jury duty, more than enough people will show up and they won't even notice your gone.
Even if you do show up for the first day just act like a nut job and say outlandish **** and you will be dismissed.
If you have police in your family tell them you are extremely biased toward the cops always being right, you will be dismissed.
There are too many ways to get out of this, just be as tactful and careful as possible.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

I was called in for jury duty a month ago or so. Actually was several months ago, but I didn't go. Then I got a nasty little letter stating that I'd better come to this one or else. Probably can't do anything, I mean hell, how can they even prove you got the letter unless they hand deliver it to you. I went, sat in court for about an hour and a half, to be told that I had to come back Wednesday for jury selection. They had a call line though, and apparently my jury settled out of court and I didn't have to go back.

I was bound to get out of jury selection though. I have tourette, not wild like what is shown on TV and ****, but hey, I was going to exagerate it quite a bit for the jury selection....LOL.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Made in South Korea

I had my tonsals(sp) removed two days before. I still had to show up I don't remember **** but my dad took my picture!

They do call bs on us who don't lie....
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Where's the Beef?

Just show up. They'll take one look at you and send you home you race car driving hill billy.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

the problem with the courts today is that the jurys are made up of people too dumb to figure out how to get out of jury duty
Old 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick™
the problem with the courts today is that the jurys are made up of people too dumb to figure out how to get out of jury duty

LMAO OMFG that is funny. LMAO...I will never ever EVER forget that line. I swear if I get stuck with court duty I am gonna say that **** during my interview.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

LMAO OMFG that is funny. LMAO...I will never ever EVER forget that line. I swear if I get stuck with court duty I am gonna say that **** during my interview.
OMG i just almost died.
That's Efin hilarious.

Quick Reply: How Do I Get Out Of Jury Duty