THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

How many of you married people have....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you married people have....

Lost your wedding ring and what's the story?

Mine is we got married on a cruise ship in Florida a little over 2 years ago, the next day when we got to the Bahamas we had paid to go snorkeling. Well we get out to the reef I get in the water and turn around to help my wife into the water and as I use my arms to turn around I feel my ring slowly sliding off my finger and then it's gone. I watched it sink to the bottom, Well that did the trip in for her. Luckaly 1of the guides said don't worry I got it.

As I'm trying to calm my wife down here the guy comes and hands me my ring. My wife went from emotionally destroyed to happier then a fat kid in a candy store. We musta thanked the guy a hundred times and he got a nice $100 tip from me. We hadn't even been married 24 hours at the time so she was a wreck.

Let's hear some stories.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine never ever comes off. I wear it everywhere. I have had to get it repaired 3-4 times due to welding splatter getting on it.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lost mine almost the same way on our Honeymoon in the Bahamas. Only thing we could think of was that I lost it in the sand while we were on the beach. Wasnt that big of deal to her so all was well.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never lost mine but I didnt wear it the first 5 years either.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXSZ66AVLANCHE
I never lost mine but I didnt wear it the first 5 years either.
How'd you manage that? The wife doesn't like the fact that I take it off at work
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 AM
Import Moderator

Only time I wear mine is if we're going somewhere fancy... which concidentally is usually just weddings lol. I hate jewelery... watches, necklaces, rings.. you name it, haven't worn any of it since I was about 14yrs old. My wife knew this before we got married so she doesn't hassle me
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I took mine off in the shower to get grease and grim off my hands and out from under the ring and forgot I took it off. I was out of town working at the time. It was gone... It was hard to explain but wife understood but still gave me tons of crap over it. Now it never comes off even during surgery I keep it on. It don't make the dr's happy but They let me keep it on.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07vmax1500
How'd you manage that? The wife doesn't like the fact that I take it off at work
I hate jewelry, can't stand it. My wife knew this when we met and still knew it when we got married. She was fine with it and then 5 years later it was a big freaking deal.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I made it very clear to my wife I would likely lose or damage my ring at some point. I work with stone, equipment and chemicals. My uncle is a jeweler and hooked me up with a nice gold ring for a few hundred bucks. It's nice and cheap to replace. I have a heavy brushed texture on it, which has now been worn smooth almost to a polish in 2.5 years. I give it another 3-4 years before it gets replaced if I don't lose it first.

On the other hand, I had my uncle custom make a solid platinum band with a nice single diamond. My wife loves it but rarely wears it during the day because she's a massage therapist and it slips off with lotion, uncomfortable for clients, etc.

I almost talked her into letting me NOT get a ring, I have never worn jewelry and it was annoying at first. .

The one thing that would **** her off though is if I don't have it one while I'm out of town. I would never consider cheating on her, but i take it off in the hotel when I travel for work. She has seen pictures of me at conventions and out with the guys later and that was the first thing she noticed. Now, when I travel for work, I make sure that thing is glued on.

I think I lucked out that we both have an understanding.

I don't understand why women get so crazy about this. I know it's important to them but **** happens. If a woman gets mad at her husband for losing his ring at work, while he's working to bring a paycheck home, that's just stupid.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i wore my wedding ring for about 10 minutes on the alter...I don't wear rings, i dont wear neckelaces, i dont wear watches. she knew that about me from the beginning and it doesnt bother her. i have a rolex that i wear every once in a while (MAYBE once a year) but it drives me insane for the 2 or 3 hours i have it on.

Quick Reply: How many of you married people have....