THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

How many of you married people have....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

I have lost and recovered mine... twice.

First time was 4th of July several years ago after a day out on the jetski. I normally take it off and leave it in the truck when riding but forgot this time and attached it to my lanyard clip knowing I wasn't going anywhere without that. Well, get back to the boat ramp and it is a mad house with every idiot in the county. I got severely aggravated and in the hurry of getting out of there I left my life jacket on the seat of the ski, of course with lanyard still attached. I get out on the highway which is the approach to the bridge crossing the bay and in my rear view I see the jacket go flying. ****!! Remember it is 4 of July and traffic is horrendous. I go over the bridge get turned around and back to he scene of the incident and get out. I see my jacket get run over several times before I can safely get out there and get it. Whew, got it... but lanyard is missing. ****!! After walking up and down the center turn lane looking like and idiot, I finally find the lanyard with the ring still on it. I also see it get run over a few times while I am waiting to retrieve it. Luckily my ring is titanium so it fared wonderfully other than a few small indentions on the edge from the asphalt.

Second time wasn't as interesting. Occasionally I will take my ring and watch off when working in the garage but always keep them together. I didn't notice till about lunch time the next day at work that I had my watch on but not my ring. So immediately I though it had come off as some point in the day. First suspect place is the bathroom and it came off while drying my hands so I dumped the garbage can out on the floor and started rummaging. Not there. I looked around work and at the house for about a week. I was ready to go to the jewelry store and order a new one when low and behold, I go to clean up my workbench and uncover it. Not that it would have been expensive to replace but it just would not have the same sentimental value or 'battle wounds' from the first time I lost it.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've come close a couple times losing mine, but always recovered.
My wife on the other hand lost her wedding ring towards the end of last summer. We were playing volleyball in the pool with the kids one day and it got knocked off and thrown across the yard as she was swinging for the ball. We looked for the next couple days but couldn't find it.
Well, the next week while I was mowing the yard, I heard something shoot out from underneath the mower and hit the fence. I caught a glimpse as it bounced off the fence and saw roughly where it landed. I went over to see if was just a rock or my wife's ring; sure enough it was the ring. Needless to say, it was destroyed from the mower. So just this past New Yrs Eve, I surprised her with a new one.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are 2 AWSOME stories there
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I lost mine when.......oh wait im not married yet.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My wife got me a Tungsten Carbide band when we got married because she was bound and determined that I was going to wear it no matter what LOL. I do wear it most of the time and have gotten used to it but given a choice I wouldnt. Its supposed to shatter when struck instead of crushing on my finger. It looks like white gold but even in all the chemicals and **** I've had it covered in it has never tarnished or turned. any colors. I wipe it off with a clean dry rag and it looks brand new again...

best thing is, if I ever had to, I could be like McGyver and weld with it