THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Hydrogen kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydrogen kits????

I have always been really sckeptical about this stuff, but i ran across it twice today and i wasnt even looking for it

a guy on another site had good results what do you thinkhttp://www.ls1truck.com/forums/power...rogen-kit.html

Last edited by 95 bright teal; 08-13-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Tribe Shaman

1. it is pure bull ****.
2. to keep from over fueling the motor he would have to lower injector pulse down as
he increased hydrogen fuel input.
3. why am i to beleave that your so called hydrogen generator makes as much fuel as a full propane tank for a forklift.
hell the last time i seen one on you tube it just made tiny bubbles and no pressure at all on a 12 volt dc system.
4. i would beleave that a tank of hydrogen installed in you trunk to provied the extra fuel to make up for your injectors fueling cut in half would grant you increased gas milage.
but no we got have this little bitty rinkie dink thing that with the help of your 12 volt system to make tiny bubbles to increase your gas milage.
it takes X amount of fuel to Y amount of air to Z amount of spark and W amount of compression to create A amount of power,
and that little bitty peace of **** will never provide enough fuel to run a V8 in a million years, hell i'll say it will never make enough fuel to power my 5 horse push lawn mower
in a million years.
somebody got ***** posting that on a tech site.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Nothing is free. E=MC2
Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

I was pretty set believing that it was a load of, but he made me think twice, that guy has a list of customers already, it will be interesting to see what they say about it
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PappyDan
1. it is pure bull ****.
2. to keep from over fueling the motor he would have to lower injector pulse down as
he increased hydrogen fuel input.
3. why am i to beleave that your so called hydrogen generator makes as much fuel as a full propane tank for a forklift.
hell the last time i seen one on you tube it just made tiny bubbles and no pressure at all on a 12 volt dc system.
4. i would beleave that a tank of hydrogen installed in you trunk to provied the extra fuel to make up for your injectors fueling cut in half would grant you increased gas milage.
but no we got have this little bitty rinkie dink thing that with the help of your 12 volt system to make tiny bubbles to increase your gas milage.
it takes X amount of fuel to Y amount of air to Z amount of spark and W amount of compression to create A amount of power,
and that little bitty peace of **** will never provide enough fuel to run a V8 in a million years, hell i'll say it will never make enough fuel to power my 5 horse push lawn mower
in a million years.
somebody got ***** posting that on a tech site.
You know you should try it before you knock it. Also You apparently don't under stand How HHO works. Its not about replacing gas with HHO, its about supplementation of fuel. HHO burns all of the fuel in the combustion chamber. Gasoline has about a 25%-30% efficiency. Hydrogen is almost a perfect combustible. It actually increases the compression and allows you to run a little less fuel. hince increase in mpg. I am not the only guy in the world doing this. New united states army Hummers are already being run like this.
Another benifet of HHO is it decreases emmissions.
Normal engines require a cat to burn up left overs from combustion. HHO will actually make the o2 read a little lean. If it is too lean on the o2, the ecu will add more fuel, wich it doesnt need. This is were EFIE's come in and alter the o2 voltage.
Yall should do a little research before Cussing and calling B/S if you dont have the slightest clue. If you think Its BS, build your own kit, test it and prove the world wrong. BTW most HHO cells will never make enough Hydrogen to run a v8. But like I said its about making the fuel we do have, more efficient. Which DOES equal better MPG, emmissions, and lower fuel cost.
I thought about seeing what this site would think about it, but ever since I joined I have noticed that allot of guys on here are very disrespectful, rude, and are quick to run off at the mouth. I have established a very good relationship with the guys over there. I have earned their trust. If the cells dont work, I have told them that my relationship with them is way more important than making a couple of bucks. Its not a scam... I really do get 22-25mpg with the cell, and about 16-18mpg without. I have tested the hell out of it. I will be testing EFIE's soon to see if they work.
I have spent allot of money on R&D trieng to make a difference and dealing with guys like that who cant think outside the box.
If you dont like me thats fine, dont buy from me. But please at least make your own, or research it more.

Last edited by vff_jeff; 08-13-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff, don't take it personal but from what I have seen and read I still have my doubts. While the facts regarding Hydrogen are true I just have a very difficult time seeing it produced in a portable unit capable of making that much of a difference.
In all the scientific reports I have read the energy required to produce hydrogen is more than the hydrogen itself can produce. Now I have not looked at what you are doing and I am not an expert on the matter by any means, perhaps another look is prudent.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by trever1t
Jeff, don't take it personal but from what I have seen and read I still have my doubts. While the facts regarding Hydrogen are true I just have a very difficult time seeing it produced in a portable unit capable of making that much of a difference.
In all the scientific reports I have read the energy required to produce hydrogen is more than the hydrogen itself can produce. Now I have not looked at what you are doing and I am not an expert on the matter by any means, perhaps another look is prudent.
It only takes less than 11 amps. about a quart of water, about a tspn of baking soda stainless steel and patience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1JEk2NHxc here is my cell bubbling. I lit the bubbles to prove that its not air, or sumthing else. estimate about 2lpm production. I have a custom tuned ecm. I think it helped with my results. But I do believe an EFIE would make another 2-5mpg increase.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Tribe Shaman

as much as i would like to beleave in a new good thing.
the words HHO and SCAM go hand in hand on google search.
my 4.8 liter in my truck gets 19.6 putting around town and 23 on the hwy
taking a trip and im running a supercharger.
did i get this from some little add on that clamed to give better gas milage.
hell no, Charlie Wheatly did a live tune on my truck and gave me the most he could get out of my PCM and set up.

now i was apart of a small company from my plant to watch a HHO tourch in action
as it cut steel.
the machine looks complacated, but it worked in their hands, the top heads decided to buy a few machines to save money and reduce some cost.
5 machines showed up, 5 machines were set up, 5 machines did not work at all.
that 100,000 mistake cost a man his job because it was his signature on the paper work to approve it.
your so called extra gas milage is normal for our type of trucks, nothing improved upon their.

and yeah im already one step ahead of you with been their and done that.
so i will call BULLSHIT.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know enough about it, haven't read or done much research on it. Sounds interesting so I'll keep an open mind about it!
Don't be too quick to judge us on here, like you said you have built a reputation and relationship's on the other site which helps give you credit. On here your new to us so we don't know what to make of you or what your claiming, we don't want to be taken as suckers so were probably just a little hesitant to believe a stranger and will need a little more time to warm up to this new idea. If you were one of the members on here who are well known and respected this product of yours would be much better received! Congratulations on your accomplishments, hope to hear more about it in the future, until now I'll be a little sceptical!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PappyDan
as much as i would like to beleave in a new good thing.
taking a trip and im running a supercharger.
did i get this from some little add on that clamed to give better gas milage.
hell no, Charlie Wheatly did a live tune on my truck and gave me the most he could get out of my PCM and set up.

now i was apart of a small company from my plant to watch a HHO tourch in action
as it cut steel.
the machine looks complacated, but it worked in their hands, the top heads decided to buy a few machines to save money and reduce some cost.
that 100,000 mistake cost a man his job because it was his signature on the paper work to approve it.
your so called extra gas milage is normal for our type of trucks, nothing improved upon their.

and yeah im already one step ahead of you with been their and done that.
so i will call BULLSHIT.
spell check must be BS too because you don't know how to work it. ...as much as I would like to believe in a new good thing.
taking a trip and I'm running a supercharger.
did I get this from some little add on that claimed to give better gas mileage.
hell no, Charlie Wheatley did a live tune on my truck and gave me the most he could get out of my PCM and set up.

now I was apart of a small company from my plant to watch a HHO torch in action
as it cut steel.
the machine looks complicated, but it worked in their hands, the top heads decided to buy a few machines to save money and reduce some cost.
your so called extra gas mileage is normal for our type of trucks, nothing improved upon their.

and yeah I'm already one step ahead of you with been their and done that.
so I will call BULLSHIT...
I don't have any idea why they didn't work. Its the most simple thing... hook up electricity, add water and baking soda and voila. Maybe it wasn't the machine, maybe it was the people working it.
what was the name of the company that the cutters came from?

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Don't know enough about it, haven't read or done much research on it. Sounds interesting so I'll keep an open mind about it!
Don't be too quick to judge us on here, like you said you have built a reputation and relationship's on the other site which helps give you credit. On here your new to us so we don't know what to make of you or what your claiming, we don't want to be taken as suckers so were probably just a little hesitant to believe a stranger and will need a little more time to warm up to this new idea. If you were one of the members on here who are well known and respected this product of yours would be much better received! Congratulations on your accomplishments, hope to hear more about it in the future, until now I'll be a little sceptical!
I'm not quick to judge at all. from the very first day I signed on months ago, Guys like pappydan and a bunch others, have really giving me the impression that its OK to have somebody new come on board and then have a bunch of guys act like jackasses and insulting people. In the site suggestions thread I thought it would be a good idea to make pics and price mandatory on all for sale adds. I basically got called a moron and that that I was stupid.
I didn't claim anything to this site. My name got brought over here by somebody else and I'm just defending myself. There are allot of internet tough guys that think because they have a semi fast truck that somebody else built that they know everything. There are allot of good guys here that I have met in person at meets. they are helpful and informative. Its the jerks who try to push down others to make themselves feel bigger.
I frequent this site allot. But I just look around. I check the for sale adds and maybe some tech info. I don't mingle because of the dark attitude and lack of respect of SOME members.
Point is, be skeptical, disagree, hell even argue. But I don't think calling somebody a scammer on another site behind their back is cool. And No you don't know first hand What a HHO cell is. Otherwise you would know that you could have fixed any problem with the torch by just looking at it and thinking.

Last edited by vff_jeff; 08-14-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Hydrogen kits