THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Hydrogen kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry vffjeff i shouldnt have brought you into this, i was curious about others experiences with this if they had any.

Now if anyone has experiences with HHO, actuall hands on experience, i would like to hear it, but im tired of this fight.

sorry again
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
Im sorry vffjeff i shouldnt have brought you into this, i was curious about others experiences with this if they had any.

Now if anyone has experiences with HHO, actuall hands on experience, i would like to hear it, but im tired of this fight.

sorry again
Its all good. I'm not mad at all. I'm glad your curious. I'm not trying to get rich off this at all. I'm trying to help people, including myself, advance towards better things. I am a Firefighter by trade. Married with no kids. Got a yard and a dog. live in a nice small town.
I'm just like most of y'all here. I don't want to be seen as a scammer, or a liar. I just like Chevy engines, and racing. Ya ll have anymore questions for me feel free to ask. I don't mind sharing my findings with people. Stay cool.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Are there any specs or schematics on how you built this?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

I'm a member over at ls1truck under the name hwyto666 and Jeff I've been following your results with this kit and I must say it intrests me, I work with a lady who's husband made her a hho kit and all she does is brag about her mileage... So this hho assist must work. All this womens husband said to her was to flip the switch on the highway/freeway and thats it she knows no more than that and all she has to say about it is good things.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well besides the mini-argument goin on in here...my buddy has one in his 05 silverado 5.3 & not only did he NOT get better gas mileage he actually got worse...from here to tampa usually takes 1/4 tank it took 1/4 tank to get about 15 miles down the road...maybe just needs to have ecm tuned?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2004RST
well besides the mini-argument goin on in here...my buddy has one in his 05 silverado 5.3 & not only did he NOT get better gas mileage he actually got worse...from here to tampa usually takes 1/4 tank it took 1/4 tank to get about 15 miles down the road...maybe just needs to have ecm tuned?
I do know that HHO ,in some cases because of higher levels, makes the 02's THINK that the a/f ratio is lean because all the fuel is being burned. His ecm tried to compensate for the lean reading and added more fuel is all. There is a device called an EFIE that can remedy this problem. I haven't needed one yet, Allen Nelson tuned mine a while back for Nitrous, No rear O2's, and performance. I do think I could benefit from an EFIE. But haven't tested one myself. I will be soon.
As for schematics... Just google HHO cell. There are a million ways to make one. Most common is with plates. However you do it, One of the only rules is not to let the positive touch the negative. But to have them both submerged in water. The current between them excites the molecules in H20, and HHO is released.
Oxyhydrogen (HHO) is a mixture of hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2) gases, typically in a 2:1 atomic ratio; the same proportion as water. fuel enhancement systems inject either a hydrogen-rich mixture, or pure hydrogen into the intake manifold of the engine. In some cases, this is combined with air/fuel ratio and timing modifications. A small amount of hydrogen added to the intake air-fuel charge permits the engine to operate with leaner air-to-fuel mixture than otherwise possible. As the air/fuel mix approaches 30:1 the temperature of combustion substantially decreases effectively mitigating NOx production. Now I would not suggest Running 30:1 at idle. But running leaner on idle, cruise, and 1/4 throttle, will yield better gas mileage. But only with HHO. If you try it without your likely to burn up stuff.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't call myself a skeptic of this, i'm actually hopeful something like this would work and put up some real numbers. I read the other thread about your whole thing you got going on and if you've seen some real improvements like you've said then hats off to you man... I'd like to see what happens long term also.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Tribe Shaman

Originally Posted by vff_jeff

I'm not quick to judge at all. from the very first day I signed on months ago, Guys like pappydan and a bunch others, have really giving me the impression that its OK to have somebody new come on board and then have a bunch of guys act like jackasses and insulting people. In the site suggestions thread I thought it would be a good idea to make pics and price mandatory on all for sale adds. I basically got called a moron and that that I was stupid.
I didn't claim anything to this site. My name got brought over here by somebody else and I'm just defending myself. There are allot of internet tough guys that think because they have a semi fast truck that somebody else built that they know everything. There are allot of good guys here that I have met in person at meets. they are helpful and informative. Its the jerks who try to push down others to make themselves feel bigger.
I frequent this site allot. But I just look around. I check the for sale adds and maybe some tech info. I don't mingle because of the dark attitude and lack of respect of SOME members.
Point is, be skeptical, disagree, hell even argue. But I don't think calling somebody a scammer on another site behind their back is cool. And No you don't know first hand What a HHO cell is. Otherwise you would know that you could have fixed any problem with the torch by just looking at it and thinking.

why thank you, i will accept being called a jackass, as fas a spell check
it is not on the new pc i built.
moron, stupid, i never said that, so i wonder who did.
i was jumping up and down calling BS and saying SCAM and RIP OFF.
the dark side of tech, lack of respect, we are not like tech we are a little more like family around here.
respect is something that is earned.
like i said HHO and SCAMS go hand and hand, the last thing i want to read about is how someone came on here and riped off my friends.
talking about a product that you hold no patent too but are willing to accept endorsments on.
what makes you diffrent then any of the others on youtube that have gotten no where.
wouldn't you think that if it was any good, their would be a product out on the market with proof to back it up, sold in a nice little kit.
i mean hell this has been around for more then a few years.
but then again i guess it is like wraping magnets around your fuel line
to set everything up so the hydrocarbins will burn better making more power and increasing your mileage per gallon.

you really want to win me over, PROOF baby, i need real PROOF.
pictures are worth a thousand words, video is worth millions.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vff_jeff
As for schematics... Just google HHO cell. There are a million ways to make one. Most common is with plates. However you do it, One of the only rules is not to let the positive touch the negative. But to have them both submerged in water. The current between them excites the molecules in H20, and HHO is released.
Oxyhydrogen (HHO) is a mixture of hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2) gases, typically in a 2:1 atomic ratio; the same proportion as water. fuel enhancement systems inject either a hydrogen-rich mixture, or pure hydrogen into the intake manifold of the engine. In some cases, this is combined with air/fuel ratio and timing modifications. A small amount of hydrogen added to the intake air-fuel charge permits the engine to operate with leaner air-to-fuel mixture than otherwise possible. As the air/fuel mix approaches 30:1 the temperature of combustion substantially decreases effectively mitigating NOx production. Now I would not suggest Running 30:1 at idle. But running leaner on idle, cruise, and 1/4 throttle, will yield better gas mileage. But only with HHO. If you try it without your likely to burn up stuff.
I know very well what HHO is and how it is made. I was asking if you could provide specs on the one you built?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Launching!

Regardless of what the naysayers with absolutely no proof but aggressive (and loud) opinions say, HHO works... in most cases... usually it fails because it is not tuned to the motor's requirements. Most succesful builds use a variable controller that is controlled by the throttle.

The secret is in the controller, and yes, I have a full set of schematics for an electric controller and the full construction set for the hydrogen generator that I am building. We have already mocked up a cheap version of ours without a controller and added it to an 5.3L motor in an ECSB truck... Yes, there was a measurable benefit as recorded by HP Tuners to VE and measurable difference in MPG gains.

Once I get mine complete, I will provide data as recorded by HP tuners and show the gains in VE and try to document the MPG gains in some manner.

I am not here to argue... just provide an open minded opinion on something that caught my eye a few months back and caused me to actually investigate the issue rather than jump to unsubstantiated conclusions and loud vocal resistance.

There is a gentleman here in town that owns a fairly large automotive repair shop and has an automotive talk show on the weekends. He was at first skeptical also... until he chose to investigate the HHO generator rather than shout it down....

Here is his story:

"With so much of the drive-by do nothing media critical of HHO generators for cars it’s refreshing to see a radio talk show host that is not only open-minded but knowledgeable as well. When one merely mentions run your car on water technology, you can loudly hear minds closing, see eyes rolling and feel the defensive armor coming up.

For years, the HHO generator has been associated with schemes, scams, shams and charlatans selling snake oil and perpetual motion machines on the Internet. But, just like science fiction that years later turns out to be science fact (remember the old stories about putting a man on the moon) it also turns out that HHO generators are real, viable gas saving technology.

A radio talk show host and columnist, named James Morris in Panama City, Florida already knows this. In fact, Mr. Morris owns an auto repair business in this same city and shares his expertise to local listeners and readers. I found an article by Mr. Morris where someone had brought up the same old inaccurate piece of information that critics often use about the HHO generator being “thermodynamically impossible”.

Mr. Morris sets the reader straight with his own hands-on test results of a GMC Envoy going from 15 mpg to 22 mpg city and 22 mpg to 38 mpg highway after installing an HHO generator purchased off the Internet.

Now, while some so-called automotive columnists will give their negative opinions of HHO generators without a single test being run, it’s good to see that at least one enlightened voice in the media is around to correct the critics.

This is not to say that all run your car on water systems have merit or that they work equally well. This is to say, however, that as an emerging industry the HHO generator is a gas saving device and industry that will not be oppressed or pushed away by the unenlightened, misinformed or those with ulterior motives."

Link to local story in our newspaper on July 19th 2008:

James Morris

and yes, the stainless kit is the HHO generator that we are currently building and saw gains with...

OK, I am done... Let the naysaying continue...

Quick Reply: Hydrogen kits