THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I got the truck inspected today, always something interesting.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I got the truck inspected today, always something interesting.....

Well today i got the truck inspected. since i swapped out the headers for manifolds my truck is load as hell for some reason... I have the biggest magnaflow muffler they make on it, perhaps it is the 3.5 pipe, i dunno....

I always get nervous when they inspect it because they always find something stupid...

This time the guy was like, man your truck is loud, louder than the normal trucks in here. I had to get under it and look to see if it was leaking somewhere..... Well there are no CATs on my truck and the fool did not even notice....

Anyways good to go for another year.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha got lucky with that idiot
Old 12-21-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

That's why I love south Texas lol I can go in camming open header... "Blinkers and wipers work?" "Yup"... "Ok good to go" lmao
Old 12-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did my PA inspection last week.

Failed. Exhaust didn't exit from underneath the vehicle.

I argued, I said why are you inspecting the exhaust? I'm under 5,000 miles for the year & it is exempt.

meh, "safety"... last year it passed no problems and my exhaust was dumped, same place.

ah well, I took it in to get a piece welded on where it dumped & ran it out the side with the intentions of removing it after the re-inspection but I kind of like the sound better now
Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Well today i got the truck inspected. since i swapped out the headers for manifolds my truck is load as hell for some reason... I have the biggest magnaflow muffler they make on it, perhaps it is the 3.5 pipe, i dunno....

I always get nervous when they inspect it because they always find something stupid...

This time the guy was like, man your truck is loud, louder than the normal trucks in here. I had to get under it and look to see if it was leaking somewhere..... Well there are no CATs on my truck and the fool did not even notice....

Same thing with me. Mexican inspection guy pulled my Tahoe in (which looks bone stock from the outside), hopped out, then made pensive look, hopped back in and revved it a few times (which is really loud with the catless LT's despite the two large Magnaflows inline behind it), then climbs under there for over a minute. Gives me a smile and a nod, as if to say "very nice," continues the inspection and slaps a sticker on it

Very chill guy, would have stuck around and talked trucks, but I was nervous as hell he would change his mind or the boss would come around and take a whiff of the garage that smells like an outboard motor now
Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My trucks although moderately modified look and sound stock, yet EVERY year fail for something stupid.

Avalanche failed in 2009,2010,2012 because emergency brake didn't hold the truck still when stepping on gas pedal. Also failed in 2010 because a 5.7 is not a factory engine size for a 2004.

The rcsb has dumped exhaust and gets failed for that.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC

dumbasses !!!

No inspections here thank god .
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by VegasJ
Did my PA inspection last week.

Failed. Exhaust didn't exit from underneath the vehicle.

I argued, I said why are you inspecting the exhaust? I'm under 5,000 miles for the year & it is exempt.

meh, "safety"... last year it passed no problems and my exhaust was dumped, same place.

ah well, I took it in to get a piece welded on where it dumped & ran it out the side with the intentions of removing it after the re-inspection but I kind of like the sound better now
iirc, we still have to pass visual emissions even if we are exempt.. not 100% sure though. Mine's a dumped Blowmaster before the axle it WON'T be in the spring!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya, I went in to get mine inspec.....

Oo wait, I live in Alabama!! Whats an inspection?!?!? Hahaha
Old 12-21-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good thing we dont have inspections here either. Florida

Quick Reply: I got the truck inspected today, always something interesting.....