THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I guess I will never understand

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess I will never understand

For several years I spent my money on my truck trying to go a little faster and have as much fun as I could. I didn't mind one bit in sharing any info I had, cause it was no secret....... obviously it wasn't a grudge racing truck or anything like that, but still if anyone asked I would be happy to help.

I read a ton of post here and other forums where some people ask about cam spec's and get the whole "oh its a 22x/25x custom grind". I understand some people want to be all secretive but on a national forum related to truck or vehicle performance........ and you wanna be all shy but then also ask other members about what they have done and expect to find out.......

Every single time I see someone hidding cam specs or trying to hide something, I laugh. Just wondering if I am missing something...... or is this standard procedure......... Ill be updating my sig as this is posted......
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah it's all a big secret now man. Honestly the X part is the huge mystery, just like oh it has a 3xx in it? seriously ? I laugh at it my self.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Launching!

I also don't understand this concept, and I laugh everytime I see someone hide their specs. I don't really see a point in making a post about your vehicles progress and then proceding to leave out important info. Its not like these people have done something incredible thats never been done before.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Baltimore Whore

SHHHHHHHH it's a secret
Old 02-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha I have never had a ton into my truck that was worth hiding but I never quite understood it either. On the forum who cares, people are coming here for ideas, advice and suggestions.

Out on the street if I take someone from a stop light I might be a little vague but usually anyone that knows anything about performance can guess pretty close to what's been done, especially if you have a blower or turbo screaming under the hood or it's loping like crazy at the intersection.

The best response I have heard when someone asked a member on here (sorry forgot who) what was in their truck they responded with "3 buddy's and some taco bell". I will have to use that in the future.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ak2007r6

The best response I have heard when someone asked a member on here (sorry forgot who) what was in their truck they responded with "3 buddy's and some taco bell". I will have to use that in the future.
LOL I remember seeing that response in The Truck Stop section somewhere.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Baltimore Whore

I will never forget this, I raced a older guy one time in a 08 vette. Once we reached the next red light, he was like(summer time windows down) '' WTF you have done to that truck guy'' I am like stock with exhaust and a cold air intake. He shook his head, said '' Your a ****** liar'' and proceeded to run the red light squeeeeeling wheels in anger, that his 50+k car just was obliterated by a 4200lb tank. It was the best.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont know why guys hide specs, each combo is going to work a bit different in each vehicle.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

The thing is a 223 is not going to be any more or less in the REAL world then a 226. 588 is not going to be any more diff then 595 in the REAL world. Maybe a some on a dyno, but overall times, I DOUBT IT

Quick Reply: I guess I will never understand