THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I guess I will never understand

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ima put me a X/X race cam in my c10, old school style
Old 02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Danny, atleast you know your opinion doesnt matter
Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL I'm used to it. Sometimes people just need something to gripe about. That's the internet. While they're sweatin this stuff, I just sit back and laugh. With each post they make back and forth to each other about xxx/xxx, I just snicker. The time they waste being upset that someone won't tell them the exact specs of their setup, is time that could be spent figuring out a better one LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha it wasn't really a post out of anger on my behalf, I was bored at work and read several threads while researching boosted apps and trying to learn what different LSA and durations have along with lift. I am new to custom cams, the closest I have been to aftermarket cam was a zo6 cam in my 6.0. I just made this thread saying how it's funny that most threads to individuals are to tell them to do a search and then get a dead end cause the info isn't there.

Many people don't have money to go try six different cams and 3 sets of heads to find the best setup, but those people are also not going to set records with their eps "custom grind" or the xer custom speced cam. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts and say I don't understand and prolly won't cause I'm not a grudge racer and not trying to set any records.

And to go back to phantom's topic about being flamed....... Haters are everywhere, you know this and I know this, it's just proof that you are doing something right when they hate. This wasn't meant to poke fun and I am in no way mad or trying to bitch about can specs not being shown, but merely to say if your truck runs 12's and you are hiding can specs, it's funny

The rest of the thread is a joke cause everyone wants a laugh every once in a while! I don't see very much seriousness in this thread other than phantoms honest response which deserved a honest reply.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

ya i never really understood hiding things either... Me if anyone asks to see my stuff or know it i don't mind sharing it.. I even have posted my tunes and emailed people my tunes that needed help... IMO there is no point in hiding stuff or keeping it all to yourself...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
ya i never really understood hiding things either... Me if anyone asks to see my stuff or know it i don't mind sharing it.. I even have posted my tunes and emailed people my tunes that needed help... IMO there is no point in hiding stuff or keeping it all to yourself...
I need a line button for this, you actually shot me your telephone number when I was having tuning issues several yeas ago....... I mean I'm not gonna build your same set up and come to your town and race you for money........ Cause we both know if we have the same setup that I drive way better and I shall prevail as the winner and get the title tO your truck . (it's just a joke, nobody get their panties in a twist)
Old 02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
Was it a 222/226 .597/.601 ?? I have that cam, and have seen alot of people with it....It sure does make my truck haul ***
No i was specd 218/222 on a 110lsa
I was steered away from the 222/226 which i went in asking about
Also seen 1 or 2 dynos of it and it was about the same power as my old 212/218 produced
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

I have the same attitude you do. I haven't done it much with my truck since it's still mostly stock (at least for the next couple weeks) but I did this all the time with my motorcycle and the tunes I created for it. It's all about helping someone out and making them more knowledgeable. The more you help someone else out the more they can pass that info on to someone else. Everyone wins.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lownslo
Haha it wasn't really a post out of anger on my behalf, I was bored at work and read several threads while researching boosted apps and trying to learn what different LSA and durations have along with lift. I am new to custom cams, the closest I have been to aftermarket cam was a zo6 cam in my 6.0. I just made this thread saying how it's funny that most threads to individuals are to tell them to do a search and then get a dead end cause the info isn't there.

Many people don't have money to go try six different cams and 3 sets of heads to find the best setup, but those people are also not going to set records with their eps "custom grind" or the xer custom speced cam. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts and say I don't understand and prolly won't cause I'm not a grudge racer and not trying to set any records.

And to go back to phantom's topic about being flamed....... Haters are everywhere, you know this and I know this, it's just proof that you are doing something right when they hate. This wasn't meant to poke fun and I am in no way mad or trying to bitch about can specs not being shown, but merely to say if your truck runs 12's and you are hiding can specs, it's funny

The rest of the thread is a joke cause everyone wants a laugh every once in a while! I don't see very much seriousness in this thread other than phantoms honest response which deserved a honest reply.

I can agree with you on a few things. If someone is going to post what it runs, they should explain how they got there. Otherwise, you leave yourself open to being called a liar.

You've definitely helped me a couple times, and I appreciate that. I post pretty much everything that I do to my truck in my build thread. The only thing that isn't really known is the size of the engine(which isn't anything special), what cylinder heads, what camshaft, or how much nitrous I use. Suspension, transmission, converter, wheels, interior, future plans, are all there for the world to see.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
I have the same attitude you do. I haven't done it much with my truck since it's still mostly stock (at least for the next couple weeks) but I did this all the time with my motorcycle and the tunes I created for it. It's all about helping someone out and making them more knowledgeable. The more you help someone else out the more they can pass that info on to someone else. Everyone wins.
But what have they actually learned? You're just GIVING them something you worked hard to learn yourself. Then they can just pass it on without knowing if its what the next person really NEEDS.

Quick Reply: I guess I will never understand