THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

I guess I will never understand

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom
I can agree with you on a few things. If someone is going to post what it runs, they should explain how they got there. Otherwise, you leave yourself open to being called a liar.

You've definitely helped me a couple times, and I appreciate that. I post pretty much everything that I do to my truck in my build thread. The only thing that isn't really known is the size of the engine(which isn't anything special), what cylinder heads, what camshaft, or how much nitrous I use. Suspension, transmission, converter, wheels, interior, future plans, are all there for the world to see.
I definitely wasn't trying to debate what is right or wrong, I just see guys for example a guy today post a cam video today and when asked his spec's on it, he left a very vauge response but later listed his mods while still just simply posting the duration numbers with x's on them........ It made me lol cause I understand locally he might race for money but he most likely doesn't run single digits on a head/ cam 5.3 haha. Not sure what you don't agree with In my post, as I haven't stated anything other than thinking its funny that some people do that and it's a "off the shelf cam" that someone like the sound of vs. how much power it makes.

When it comes to cam spec's and valve size on large and small cc heads, I am a extreme newb! So this was my way of saying I have to dig deeper to learn about this than just looking at what people have accomplished.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

I just say its an all StXXck X.3L
Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Phantom
But what have they actually learned? You're just GIVING them something you worked hard to learn yourself. Then they can just pass it on without knowing if its what the next person really NEEDS.
True, good point. I guess I am just the one that was raised that the best way to learn something or if you are unsure is to ask questions. I am very much a hands on person so even if someone hands something over they worked on to help me out I am asking a million questions making sure I understand it inside and out before doing anything with it.

Ask Roger I have spent countless hours asking the same questions over and over at his shop and when out riding around till I have the best grasp on it I can. Lucky for me he is a good guy and doesn't mind me pestering him all the time

Although he just talked me into going FI with my truck so I think he had an other intentions to my pestering him and all the rides in his truck to help "explain" things I was asking about LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

X xxxxx xxx xx xx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx'x xxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxx xxxx x x? X xx x xxxxxx-xxx xxxx xx xxxx xx xx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxx x xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x. Xxxxxx x x xxxxxx xx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx xxx.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
X xxxxx xxx xx xx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx'x xxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxx xxxx x x? X xx x xxxxxx-xxx xxxx xx xxxx xx xx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxx x xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x. Xxxxxx x x xxxxxx xx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx xxx.

and that right there is the top secret recipe for blowing up multiple forged motors!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Here's a thought... I could justify not giving out my particular build specs for one reason, and that is with the intention of not getting attacked with suggestions of how I could have done it differently. Probably not why most people hide their specs as I am sure they think it is the magical recipe to success...but I certainly won't be spilling all the facts about my builds to come, simply because I could live without all the **** I have heard about this one. When like 6000 people grill you about why you did this or that, and tell you how you should have done it, it gets so old. So perhaps there is some rhyme to their reason when people throw an "X" or two into their cam specifications.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, do you really get bombarded with questions about your setup? I might get asked one or two times a month about mine. I guess my junk is just boring.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Wow, do you really get bombarded with questions about your setup? I might get asked one or two times a month about mine. I guess my junk is just boring.
^^^ Same here! LOL
Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Formerly escalaradoon22s 5/2/10

look Chris, when you live your life a quarter mile at a time and risk blowing the welds on the intake because your pushing it so hard it can become some very serious ****. I don't expect you to understand but thats just how it is...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

On the internet I'll give every detail about mine. In person, I don't. Because I don't like going on and on about it. And 90% of the people who ask me about it don't know **** from corn flakes.

On the internet it's,
Iron 5.3, Patriot stage 2 243s, EPS 222/226 .597/.598 111, plate kit with a 100-150 shot depending.

In person to a dumb dumb,
5.3, mild cam, ported 'Vette heads, with nitrous.

Quick Reply: I guess I will never understand